ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2018 restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Re: July 2018 restricted COS

Post by Sk_7008 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am

pleased to inform you all that I have been informed that rcos has been granted
45k non sol/nhs/phd no allowances. Had been trying since Feb.
reason for my post is that the first 45 point approval came last Friday. I was doubtful in the past couple of days whether my rcos was rejected because I was seeing 41 points 41k being approved. I had thought I might have missed it yet again for an another month.
The point I wanted to make was that there doesn't seem to be a particular order I.e. HO follows while granting rcos. If our particulars are assessed correctly, even if applications with points below us get approval, we would get our in matter of time.
Thanks and all the best for the ones waiting.

boyapap
India

Post by boyapap » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:44 am

Please may I know if anyone Submitted additional document on the 10th of July and got the result of rcos this month

And please may I know how long it usually takes to get a response from home office in this situation.

My employer has already emailed tier2limits day before but we are still waiting for a response

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sk_7008 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:09 pm

A big thanks to this forum. Although I am a new user, had been following the posts since feb, they have kept me going and loads of solace during some difficult times.

Thanks once again

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm

boyapap wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:44 am
Please may I know if anyone Submitted additional document on the 10th of July and got the result of rcos this month

And please may I know how long it usually takes to get a response from home office in this situation.

My employer has already emailed tier2limits day before but we are still waiting for a response
We are at the same boat. My company received an email on 10th asking to submitted additional docs. They answered by post at the same day but we didn't hear anything else after that. Hope we are not going to be considered only next month.

boyapap
India

Post by boyapap » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:48 pm

jalison wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm
boyapap wrote:

We are at the same boat. My company received an email on 10th asking to submitted additional docs. They answered by post at the same day but we didn't hear anything else after that. Hope we are not going to be considered only next month.
One of my friend just mentioned it takes usually 10 working days in these situations, so most likely we need to wait till end of next week

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:51 pm

boyapap wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:48 pm
jalison wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm
boyapap wrote:

One of my friend just mentioned it takes usually 10 working days in these situations, so most likely we need to wait till end of next week
Wowww a couple days more to wait 😔
Let me know as soon u hear something. I wil do the same 👍🤞

SC28
Newly Registered
India

Post by SC28 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Sk_7008 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am
pleased to inform you all that I have been informed that rcos has been granted
45k non sol/nhs/phd no allowances. Had been trying since Feb.
reason for my post is that the first 45 point approval came last Friday. I was doubtful in the past couple of days whether my rcos was rejected because I was seeing 41 points 41k being approved. I had thought I might have missed it yet again for an another month.
The point I wanted to make was that there doesn't seem to be a particular order I.e. HO follows while granting rcos. If our particulars are assessed correctly, even if applications with points below us get approval, we would get our in matter of time.
Thanks and all the best for the ones waiting.
Congrats! Did you see 41 points getting approved anywhere??? I am still waiting at 42 points non nhs non sol.

engineer201832
United States of America

Post by engineer201832 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm worrying that the numbers this month have dropped so much because HO are finally doing a full review of the applications in the backlog (which perhaps they didn't do before because of the high quotas) and finding that a large amount of them require more information and have therefore been rejected.

If there is a large amount of these applications being rejected, I think there is a potential that next month, the quota could go back up.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Has anyone had their application rejected? (Please note, rejected is different from refused. Rejected means HO has not approved application based off the contents of the application/lack of information. Refused is usually given because of quota/pts)

KPCEKB
Newly Registered
India

Post by KPCEKB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello All,

Congratulations to all received Rcos in July :-)

My company applied for Rcos with 39 points, 39k salary+RLMT (Non NHS, NON SOC, Non Phd) between February'18 to May'18. After 3 consecutive refusal, they decided to retract my offer. I completely lossed my hope and forgot UK. But, keep following this thread which gave lot of information about UKVI system.

After NHS removal, I have written email to my sponsor. They replied that, Offer will be considered If points are reduced in the future or after my profile comes under shortage occupation. Also heard that, nearly six offers has been retracted along with me. My sponsor is a big firm from UK.

How often shortage occupation will be changed? I have no idea about my occupation code :(

This is a cost engineer profile comes under Purchase department...

ticket2uk
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ticket2uk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi guys, first of all a big thank you to everyone for all the updates we are getting here. i'm following this for the last 3 months but this is my 1st post.
I was informed a couple of hours back that my COS has been approved. 50 points (50k salary, non-NHS, non-SOL). For all the guys who were asked by the HO to submit additional docs, here are few bytes from my case. HO asked for additional docs and my employer has submitted those on 9th July and here i am with the approval today. So those few guys who have submitted the docs on 10th might receive their approvals in a day or 2 probably. All the best for the guys waiting.......

rastogirishi
Newly Registered
India

Post by rastogirishi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 pm

KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:16 pm
Hello All,

My company applied for Rcos with 39 points, 39k salary+RLMT (Non NHS, NON SOC, Non Phd) between February'18 to May'18. After 3 consecutive refusal, they decided to retract my offer. I completely lossed my hope and forgot UK. But, keep following this thread which gave lot of information about UKVI system.

After NHS removal, I have written email to my sponsor. They replied that, Offer will be considered If points are reduced in the future or after my profile comes under shortage occupation. Also heard that, nearly six offers has been retracted along with me. My sponsor is a big firm from UK.

How often shortage occupation will be changed? I have no idea about my occupation code :(

Hi,
I am in the same boat as you are with 43 k salary.
They have withdrawn the offer in month of May.
Now the points have come down, i am trying my best to convince them but not yet heard anything. Sadly. How did you convince them.?

Or Can some one help me and guide me how to convince them.?
Any advice is appreciated.

And many congratulations to all who got their RCOS

jalison
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jalison » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:37 pm

ticket2uk wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Hi guys, first of all a big thank you to everyone for all the updates we are getting here. i'm following this for the last 3 months but this is my 1st post.
I was informed a couple of hours back that my COS has been approved. 50 points (50k salary, non-NHS, non-SOL). For all the guys who were asked by the HO to submit additional docs, here are few bytes from my case. HO asked for additional docs and my employer has submitted those on 9th July and here i am with the approval today. So those few guys who have submitted the docs on 10th might receive their approvals in a day or 2 probably. All the best for the guys waiting.......
Congratulations 👏👏
Thank you for sharing your case. It gaves me more hope to hear something this month 🤞

londondreams2018
India

Post by londondreams2018 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Anyone with 40, 41 or 42 waiting /approved or rejected ?

I am waiting on 40. Nothing from solicitor yet.

boyapap
India

Post by boyapap » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:03 pm

jalison wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:37 pm
ticket2uk wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Congratulations 👏👏
Thank you for sharing your case. It gaves me more hope to hear something this month 🤞
Congrads :)
Thanks for the update. Hopefully we will hear something soon

AshleyEB40
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AshleyEB40 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm

londondreams2018 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:02 pm

I am waiting on 40.

I have looked at my email and refreshed these pages more than I would like to admit... :roll:

mosha
Newly Registered
India

Post by mosha » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:09 pm

I am waiting with 40 points , no updates yet

shide44
Australia

Post by shide44 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:15 pm

AshleyEB40 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm
londondreams2018 wrote:

I am waiting on 40.

I have looked at my email and refreshed these pages more than I would like to admit... :roll:
I am sadly in the same boat. I wonder if they prioritise those that applied previous months or if everyone is just considered the same every month. Also a lot of people saying things like rmlt, non NHS, non soc, no allowance? what does these mean?

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm
I'm worrying that the numbers this month have dropped so much because HO are finally doing a full review of the applications in the backlog (which perhaps they didn't do before because of the high quotas) and finding that a large amount of them require more information and have therefore been rejected.

If there is a large amount of these applications being rejected, I think there is a potential that next month, the quota could go back up.

Has anyone had their application rejected? (Please note, rejected is different from refused. Rejected means HO has not approved application based off the contents of the application/lack of information. Refused is usually given because of quota/pts)
Good that you finally agreed to my earlier point on this. :)

Yeah, it would be more helpful if people post here if their employer received queries either -
1. First time this month even though trying for several months
2. Second time, after a gap of a few months (may be because change in Salary / RLMT expiry)
3. Never received queries and got approval (very unlikely for RLMT applicants)

If the queries are answered by employer, do the HO replies back if they are satisfied with the information or not.

If everyone can start sharing this information, it would be helpful to all to understand the process HO follows.

KPCEKB
Newly Registered
India

Post by KPCEKB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm

rastogirishi wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 pm
KPCEKB wrote:
Hello All,

Hi,
Now the points have come down, i am trying my best to convince them but not yet heard anything. Sadly. How did you convince them.?

Hello @rastogirishi,

I am keep following them with all the datas collected from this forum. My sponsor stance on same.

He will only process my Rcos either when its comes under Shortage occupation or after minimum set point reaches my point.

Thing is, sponsor didnt get right people with Unrestricted Cos. They are keep posting the profile in their job portal as for candidate with URcos. This has been implemented for all their job post now a days.

If they are going outside EEA, it will come only for our 6 guys.

Don't worry. Considering the points now, Hope we will watch Cricket worldcup'19 in UK.

anilisanil
Mood:

Post by anilisanil » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:27 pm

shide44 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:15 pm
AshleyEB40 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm
londondreams2018 wrote:

I am waiting on 40.

I am sadly in the same boat. I wonder if they prioritise those that applied previous months or if everyone is just considered the same every month. Also a lot of people saying things like rmlt, non NHS, non soc, no allowance? what does these mean?
rmlt(actually it should be RLMT)- Regional Labor Market Test- will decide if you have 20 points, other categories are 30 points (milk round), 75 (PhD) and 130 (for Shortage).

Ideally, it would be sufficient for people to say if they fall in any one of the above categories; then their salary along with allowances decide the total points.

But since there is a lot of confusion on how points are calculated and since the people who are waiting were doing all sorts of analyses and coming up with new hypotheses, people who were approved started categorizing themselves as above.

movchange
Newly Registered
India

Post by movchange » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:32 pm

RCoS approved !
Fix salary 42.5 k
Bonus 5k which is to be paid quarterly
I believe I had 42 points ...

KPCEKB
Newly Registered
India

Post by KPCEKB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 pm

KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm
rastogirishi wrote:
KPCEKB wrote:
Hello All,

Hi,

Hello @rastogirishi,

I am keep following them with all the datas collected from this forum. My (our) sponsor stance on same.

He will only process my Rcos either when its comes under Shortage occupation or after minimum set point reaches my point.

Thing is, sponsor didnt get right people with Unrestricted Cos. They are keep posting the profile in their job portal as for candidate with URcos. This has been implemented for all their job post now a days.

Don't worry. Considering the points now, Hope we will watch Cricket worldcup'19 in UK.
Hello @rastogirishi,
One more question,What is the status on your application in their portal?

Unsuccessful/Hired/"Blank"?

rastogirishi
Newly Registered
India

Post by rastogirishi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm

KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 pm
KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm
rastogirishi wrote:
KPCEKB wrote:
Hello All,

Hi,

Hello @rastogirishi,

I am keep following them with all the datas collected from this forum. My (our) sponsor stance on same.

Hello @rastogirishi,
One more question,What is the status on your application in their portal?

Unsuccessful/Hired/"Blank"?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply... And it feels good.
Anyway... Status is blank... And i can still see my offer on my candidate portal... What does it mean?

maticskhadka
Mood:
Nepal

Post by maticskhadka » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:49 pm

KPCEKB wrote:
Hello All,

My company is also big company they withdraw my offer because i have only 29 points.
very sad. i have never wrote to them still.

engineer201832
United States of America

Post by engineer201832 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:59 pm

tej_san wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Good that you finally agreed to my earlier point on this. :)

Yeah, it would be more helpful if people post here if their employer received queries either -
1. First time this month even though trying for several months
2. Second time, after a gap of a few months (may be because change in Salary / RLMT expiry)
3. Never received queries and got approval (very unlikely for RLMT applicants)

If the queries are answered by employer, do the HO replies back if they are satisfied with the information or not.

If everyone can start sharing this information, it would be helpful to all to understand the process HO follows.
Come to think of it. HO did request previous pay slips from me for this month. This is the first time to my knowledge they have asked for more information on my application. I have been applying since December on low 30's pts. (a new RMLT was done for me during that time).