ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work History Mismatch HMRC and HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Work History Mismatch HMRC and HO

Post by sohoraf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:12 am

I was on Tier 2 General Visa in my first employment and my minimum required salary was £25000. I was paid the equivalent amount per month, which equates to the £20k threshold. I received my ILR last year and preparing for my Naturalization application now. Recently I have got my employment history from HMRC for last 10 years because this is needed to be included in the application. In the information I can see that for one year my income is filed as £24955 which is £45 less than the required minimum salary. I dont know why the accountant has filed this figure even though I was paid an gross each month which equates t o required £25000.

Another issue is when I left that employer and moved to a new company, my last working day was 15/04/2014 and this was communicated to HO through Sponsor Management System by the employer but in the HMRC history it shows my employment ended on 31/03/2014. My tax payment for that year also shows I was paid until end of March instead of until 15/04/2014. I never took my P45 from the employer after leaving the company and, that is why I was not aware of this mismatch until now.

I am worried if these mismatch could effect my application because the information in HO and HMRC do not match and what do you suggest to fix these issues? Can the employer contact the HMRC to fix these? The records are from 2012 and 2014, and don't know how easy it is going to be to fix the issue on HMRC system.

Will l have to wait until these records are beyond 10 years and apply when all clean. Then I will have to wait another 6 years before I apply for Naturalization.

calavera99
Turkey

Re: Work History Mismatch HMRC and HO

Post by calavera99 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36 am

ILR is the immigration milestone that focuses on your employment history and financials the most. As you already obtained ILR you should be fine with financials and tax issues for your qualifying period.

British citizenship application has nothing to do with how much money you make (or used to make) or your employment status. Unless they realize you obtained your ILR by deception during good character checks you should be fine. They won't be even asking for your P60s, or HMRC or pay slips for your British citizenship application as you seemed to be a non EEA citizen with Tier II previously.

It is more about, good character checks, residential requirements etc that you can find the details below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2.0EXT.pdf

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Post by sohoraf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:39 am

Sorry there was a typo. The following line says £20K threshold. It should be £25K threshold.
Typo: "I was paid the equivalent amount per month, which equates to the £20k threshold." the bold should read "which equates to the 25K threshold"

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Post by sohoraf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 am

Hi calavera99, thank you for your answer.

The AN application form asks for 10 years work history and asks for proof in the form of P60 or payslips. I am worried that my last working day with one of my employer whilst in Tier 2 does not match in HO and HMRC database. Worried if this could be considered not a good character as there is a discrepancy of information. Also according to HMRC record, I was not paid the amount I was supposed to when in Tier 2 which again may be considered as breach of immigration rule and fall under not good character.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:39 am

sohoraf wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 am

The AN application form asks for 10 years work history and asks for proof in the form of P60 or payslips. I am worried that my last working day with one of my employer whilst in Tier 2 does not match in HO and HMRC database. Worried if this could be considered not a good character as there is a discrepancy of information. Also according to HMRC record, I was not paid the amount I was supposed to when in Tier 2 which again may be considered as breach of immigration rule and fall under not good character.
If you are a non-EEA citizen you do not need to provide employment proof, as long as you provide uncancelled (current or expired) passports covering the entire residency requirement period (5 years by your own, or 3 years if married to BC). Please refer to guidance if your passport is stamped at entry to UK.

You would still need to provide employment information for the last 10 years, regardless.

I hope this helps and wish you good luck!

calavera99
Turkey

Post by calavera99 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:14 pm

sohoraf wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:43 am

Don't worry too much about dates mismatch and deception. I also left a Tier II job before my ILR, and my COS stated my job termination date a month earlier than my HMRC records, simple because I got paid another month after I quit. My solicitors advised me to a use the later date as a declaration and also told me that I shouldn't be worried. If you obtained your ILR, you should be less concerned about your employment history IMO. Nobody should think it is a deception if you use either your HMRC quit date or COS quit date.

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Post by sohoraf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 pm

calavera99: Thank you very much for your reply. Really appreciate it.

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Post by sohoraf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:21 pm

ariskar: Thank you very much for your reply. Really appreciate it.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:51 am

Hello
I already applied for naturalization but now the problem is on the way back from my country immigration stopped me and asked questions letter on they said dont work straight go to college and stamp my passport with no allowed to work i straight away tell my employer about this and stop working after submitting the application I met him he told me he took my name out after one year. Now I am worried that ho will find out I was working in 2008 without permission and failed me for good character. Could any one suggest me what shall I do I married to eea national I just submitted 2 passport recent one(pr) and old one which got rc for 5 years. I am stressed out now. Thanks for reading my sad story.

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Post by sohoraf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am

How was your application. Did you get the naturalization successful? I am still waiting for mine.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:00 am

No I am still waiting. What about you?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am

redsaintt wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:00 am
No I am still waiting. What about you?
???
sohoraf wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am
How was your application. Did you get the naturalization successful? I am still waiting for mine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 am

I applied on 10 May still waiting for output

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Post by sohoraf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 pm

such a coincedence. I applied on 10th May as well. June 9th did biometrics.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:35 pm

8 th May (ncs) and (9th June (Bio) here.. 8)

sohoraf
Newly Registered

Post by sohoraf » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 am

I got my approval letter today. Need to book for a ceremony on Monday.

riya17
Newly Registered

Post by riya17 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:34 am

Hello soharaf, Congrats. Can you please let me know how did you apply to HMRC to get 10 years employment history? Did you get the start date and end date with each employer you worked?

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:48 am

riya17 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:34 am
Hello soharaf, Congrats. Can you please let me know how did you apply to HMRC to get 10 years employment history? Did you get the start date and end date with each employer you worked?

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/DPU_SAR

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:45 pm

sohoraf wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 am
I got my approval letter today. Need to book for a ceremony on Monday.
congrats brother happy for you, i m still waiting

redsaintt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by redsaintt » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Good the approval letter today. Thanks everyone who ever guide me through out.