ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration for naturalized Citizens

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluemoon2

Foreign Birth Registration for naturalized Citizens

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:38 pm

I know there is already one thread about Foreign Birth Registration but I am starting this new thread as the purpose of this thread to address the issues of naturalized Irish citizens who want to apply for FBR of their children , as the other FBR thread mostly address issues of Irish citizens who were born in Ireland or their parents / grandparents were born in Ireland .

I believe now FBR section treat differently Irish born citizens and naturalized Irish citizens , I am naturalized Irish and applied for my 1 year old child, Foreign Birth Registration last week of January 2017 , sent them all documents , after that they asked once for more documents which I sent promptly , its 11 months now , I asked them 2 times about status of application first in August 2017 they replied after 6 weeks one single line we are processing it , second time last week got reply from them we are processing it .

So I sent application in January and they are processing it since then while I read people saying on other Foreign Birth Registration thread that they applied in late June /early July and all of them got approved but they all have Irish born parents/grandparents .

So my question is now what can I do now as its very disappointed and know many other people in same situation , can we get involved a solicitor in this matter or its only allowed in visa cases ?

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated from experienced members.

bluemoon2

Re: Foreign Birth Registration for naturalized Citizens

Post by bluemoon2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 am

any one here about this topic with any opinion ?

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:25 pm

Surprised and shocked to hear the bias treatment.Would you please share some more information about your case.
1.basis of your naturalization?
2.Where has the child born?
3.The relationship between you and mother of the child?
4.The nationality of the mother of the child?
5.What other documents they have requested?
6.Where did the application be submitted?
I am sorry for being intrusive but I know someone who is following the same route.#
In past, few of my friends applied and got it within the reasonable time.
Thanks

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Got citizenship on the base of 5 year residency in 2013.
Child was born in Pakistan in 2015.
myself and the mother of child are married .
They asked for 3 proof of address for child which we sent promptly .
Application was submitted in Karachi January 2017.

FBR section definitely being bias now about naturalized Irish citizens even they say we have the same right like other Irish born citizens but I don,t believe it now .

pixie1230

Post by pixie1230 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

FBR section definitely being bias now about naturalized Irish citizens even they say we have the same right like other Irish born citizens but I don,t believe it now .
Are you in Ireland and did you apply here directly? I am the same as you and I applied on the basis of being a naturalised irish citizen for my child eventhough her grandad was born and raise in Ireland, and father was an irish citizen by descent. I applied 3 weeks ago and havent heard from
them eversince. Will let u know if i get any result on my end as I posted my documents here in Ireland directly. It’s hard as we need our babies to be with us already. Such a shame.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:55 pm

My wife applied from Pakistan as it has to be applied from the country where mother is living with baby , I live in Ireland but my wife lives in Pakistan with baby , but don,t worry you will get your very soon as your baby,s granddad was born in Ireland , they are only making hell for children whose parents are only naturalized Citizens which is not in your case. Best Of Luck.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 am

bluemoon2 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

1.Reasons for the basis of 5-year residency?
2.Were u married to the mother of the baby at the time of birth?
3.Any reason for the delay in behind the submission of application? birth was in year 2015 and application submission in the year 2017?
I,m sorry for being intrusive

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm

1- Came to Ireland in 2004 with my Spanish wife from Spain under Eu treaty rights visa.
2- Divorced from Spanish wife in 2012.
3- Married in Pakistan in 2015.
4- Sorry Meant to type baby was born in 2016 and not in 2015 , was born in November 2016 and applied for fbr in January 2017 around 10 weeks after birth.
5. Yes was married with baby,s mother at the time of birth.

pixie1230

Post by pixie1230 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:55 pm
My wife applied from Pakistan as it has to be applied from the country where mother is living with baby , I live in Ireland but my wife lives in Pakistan with baby , but don,t worry you will get your very soon as your baby,s granddad was born in Ireland , they are only making hell for children whose parents are only naturalized Citizens which is not in your case. Best Of Luck.
I guess so. But I did apply as a naturalized irish parent. As i find it easier for the requirements to complete compared if she apply through his dad and grandad. Loads of things that u need her grandads birth cert, copy of passport etc.
But if she applied through me its just the naturalization cert and other things much easier to reach. The only thing is i went back to Ireland after i gave birth because of hosp appts and work. So i left the baby in our home country and applied here in Ireland directly.

pixie1230

Post by pixie1230 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:00 pm

I emailed them and got a reply that my documents has been received and it can take up to 6 months whether ur a resident in Ireland or overseas.
Of course if the documents u submitted are complete.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 am

Best of luck and I wish you get it within 6 months time frame.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am

@ pixie1230 , which email address you sent them email and after how long you got reply , normally its 6 week.

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:06 am

Hi,

I have a question, in case of both naturalized parents live outside of Ireland can their child apply for FBR?

pixie1230

Post by pixie1230 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:45 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am
@ pixie1230 , which email address you sent them email and after how long you got reply , normally its 6 week.
The first email i had they answered after 2 days. And when i replied i got an answer after an hour only.
I use this email:
fbr.consular@dfa.ie
Hmm, i clearly doubt that I will get it soon especially xmas is coming and new year so it means they’ll be on holidays for awhile.
Hopefully u get an update with yours soon. It such a shame that we need to go through this for out babies.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:08 am

@ pixie1230 , thanks for reply , you got reply very fast while I got after 35 days , it is such a shame as I have been waiting since 11 months I don,t know what they are looking in documents , still if they are not happy why don,t they just refuse it and send me everything back , very awful people sitting in FBR section I presume.
Best of Luck in your case anyway I wish you won,t have to wait that long to bring your baby in.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:30 am

Hi
Have u got any reply?
Please share ur timeline
thanks

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:37 am

Well , I am still waiting , 10 months now .

Fanikhan15
Ireland

Post by Fanikhan15 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:52 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:37 am
Well , I am still waiting , 10 months now .
Why your not going for Judicial Review?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:09 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm
1- Came to Ireland in 2004 with my Spanish wife from Spain under Eu treaty rights visa.
4- Sorry Meant to type baby was born in 2016 and not in 2015 , was born in November 2016 and applied for fbr in January 2017 around 10 weeks after birth.
My intention is not to be rude so my apologies if you feel offended, I'm just trying to share my views from someone seeing your personal situation from the outside and no bias at all.

First of all I do disagree with a bias within DFA, several others here in the forum have applied for FBR with no issues. I think (my personal view) the issue with your application for FBR is that the DFA is looking at your history in the country and the circumstances in which you were awarded Irish citizenship.

As per your recollection, you were naturalised in 2013 which means that it’s highly likely that your application for citizenship was lodged before/during your divorce proceedings since you mentioned the divorce to the EU citizen occurred in 2012, right? Divorces in the EU tend to be long processes so if you divorced in 2012 the proceedings started when exactly?

Did you notify INIS about your divorce? Did you apply for retention of rights after the divorce or did you apply for citizenship on the basis of marriage to an EU citizen and residence in the country for 5 years?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:01 am

max307 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:09 pm
bluemoon2 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm
My intention is not to be rude so my apologies if you feel offended, I'm just trying to share my views from someone seeing your personal situation from the outside and no bias at all.

First of all I do disagree with a bias within DFA, several others here in the forum have applied for FBR with no issues. I think (my personal view) the issue with your application for FBR is that the DFA is looking at your history in the country and the circumstances in which you were awarded Irish citizenship.

As per your recollection, you were naturalised in 2013 which means that it’s highly likely that your application for citizenship was lodged before/during your divorce proceedings since you mentioned the divorce to the EU citizen occurred in 2012, right? Divorces in the EU tend to be long processes so if you divorced in 2012 the proceedings started when exactly?

Did you notify INIS about your divorce? Did you apply for retention of rights after the divorce or did you apply for citizenship on the basis of marriage to an EU citizen and residence in the country for 5 years?
Hi Max307 ,
No , I do not feel offended as I am not that narrow minded , I understand you just raise some points assuming you know about my situation .

1- I am 100% sure dfa is biased when it comes to deal with Irish born white parents / grandparents and non Irish born non white parents applications , somehow I have proof of it which I might use if I bring them to court to produce decision , when naturalized citizen take oath they are told all Irish citizens are equal doesn,t matter where they were born but unfortunately thats not true as I have experienced it so I disagree with you in this matter.

Now below is answer of your questions .

My ex was still in Ireland when we initiated divorce in other EU country , divorce was finalized within one month with certificates of divorce in hands and ex was still in Ireland .

I promptly informed INIS about divorce and apply for retention using form 5 on my own without solicitor as it was very simple and straightforward case , then after 2 months I applied for citizenship and clearly wrote on the form marital status " Divorced " .

citizenship section wrote me back they won,t process my application to next stage until I get my retention application is approved so I must send them retention letter as soon as I get it .

My retention was approved within 6 months time frame so I sent the letter to citizenship section and after few months I got citizenship approval letter ( my citizenship application took less than 9 months in total )

Got married again nearly 3 years after my divorce .

So what you think where , when and what did I wrong ?

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:53 am

And despite of this . if dfa still have reservations / objections about application , why don,t they reject it ? whats the point of keep you hanging in the air for 2 years and still keep saying how long it will take ?

I do not insist on a outcome in favor of me , I just want them to produce an outcome

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:21 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:53 am
And despite of this . if dfa still have reservations / objections about application , why don,t they reject it ? whats the point of keep you hanging in the air for 2 years and still keep saying how long it will take ?

I do not insist on a outcome in favor of me , I just want them to produce an outcome
Glad to hear that your process to apply for retention of rights and citizenship was straightforward, we can discard that as the reason why your application for FBR is taking this long.

I’m afraid I can’t answer those questions for you and actually surprised a simple process like FBR is taking almost 2 years. I honestly thought they had issues with your naturalisation but it sounds like you did everything as you were supposed to so at this point I don’t know.

Can you appeal to the minister at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or any other government body in Ireland?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:57 pm

max307 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:21 pm
bluemoon2 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:53 am

Glad to hear that your process to apply for retention of rights and citizenship was straightforward, we can discard that as the reason why your application for FBR is taking this long.

I’m afraid I can’t answer those questions for you and actually surprised a simple process like FBR is taking almost 2 years. I honestly thought they had issues with your naturalisation but it sounds like you did everything as you were supposed to so at this point I don’t know.

Can you appeal to the minister at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or any other government body in Ireland?
Yes , As far as I understand there shouldn,t be any issue with my naturalization as I told earlier first I got retention rights approval with 10 years residency then I got my citizenship .

At the moment I have involved two powerful TDS ( both of them offered me help themselves as I am living in this area since last 12 years and have very good relations with their families very well )

But I am not sure if they would be able to help me or not , but they said they will do their best .

Then I will bring dfa to court , i am getting ready now if nothing happens in next few week , actually I am fully ready to spend all money ( saved for deposit to buy a house ) in courts to fight for fair treatment being an Irish citizen

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:06 am

Dear Friend

I beg to differ about your opinion of discrimination while treating with NON-WHITE Irish.
It can not be totally ruled out but one can paint the whole system with the same brush.
I urge you to look for solution, not the problem. You can ask for the copy of your and your's child's file under the FOI.U have left it too loose for too long.
Please note citizenship is a privilege. Rights have given under naturalized citizenship and Eu treaty are not absolute.
I hope this will help

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:50 pm

euspouse07 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:06 am
Dear Friend

I beg to differ about your opinion of discrimination while treating with NON-WHITE Irish.
It can not be totally ruled out but one can paint the whole system with the same brush.
I urge you to look for solution, not the problem. You can ask for the copy of your and your's child's file under the FOI.U have left it too loose for too long.
Please note citizenship is a privilege. Rights have given under naturalized citizenship and Eu treaty are not absolute.
I hope this will help
@ euspouse07 , Dear if you are not agree with me about discrimination of dfa then its your own opinion and you have every right of it and to express it , but I strongly believe it , obviously dfa do not express it openly as discrimination is crime is Ireland so their policy is say nothing but do whatever you want to do and why I am saying that ? because Actions Speak Louder Than Words and their actions are telling the story if someone want to listen it .

I have already requested copy of my child,s fbr application file under the freedom of information act few days ago , lets see what comes up in next few weeks , I also spoke with guy in dfa over phone few days ago about application of my child and he told me clearly its not my case alone taking that long , he said they have changed their policy in recent past and now every application for fbr of naturalized Irish citizen,s children / grandchildren will involve consultation with other agencies / departments of state , it will also apply where Irish citizen is of non white background and this consultation process can take from months to years alone , so they would not be able to tell us ever how long more will take consultation process and your application won,t move forward until the consultation process is completed .

There is a guy on this forum who applied through his grandparents but grandparents are non white Irish so he is waiting since last 11 months and getting same reply again and again we are reviewing your application .