ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2018 restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shide44
Australia

Re: July 2018 restricted COS

Post by shide44 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:06 pm

oh okay, that is really helpful! Thank you. I guess that qualifies me as RLMT (which I thought you got 30 points for) but apparently you only get 20 for and a salary of 20points. put sme below where I thought my points were and now seeming very unlikely to go through at 40p :(

hpr0716
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by hpr0716 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:06 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:59 pm
tej_san wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm
I'm worrying that the numbers this month have dropped so much because HO are finally doing a full review of the applications in the backlog (which perhaps they didn't do before because of the high quotas) and finding that a large amount of them require more information and have therefore been rejected.

If there is a large amount of these applications being rejected, I think there is a potential that next month, the quota could go back up.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Has anyone had their application rejected? (Please note, rejected is different from refused. Rejected means HO has not approved application based off the contents of the application/lack of information. Refused is usually given because of quota/pts)
Good that you finally agreed to my earlier point on this. :)

Yeah, it would be more helpful if people post here if their employer received queries either -
1. First time this month even though trying for several months
2. Second time, after a gap of a few months (may be because change in Salary / RLMT expiry)
3. Never received queries and got approval (very unlikely for RLMT applicants)

If the queries are answered by employer, do the HO replies back if they are satisfied with the information or not.

If everyone can start sharing this information, it would be helpful to all to understand the process HO follows.
Come to think of it. HO did request previous pay slips from me for this month. This is the first time to my knowledge they have asked for more information on my application. I have been applying since December on low 30's pts. (a new RMLT was done for me during that time).
HO asked for my P60s on 6th July and we submitted on the same day, I only have 30pts as well...

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:13 pm

engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:59 pm
tej_san wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm
I'm worrying that the numbers this month have dropped so much because HO are finally doing a full review of the applications in the backlog (which perhaps they didn't do before because of the high quotas) and finding that a large amount of them require more information and have therefore been rejected.

If there is a large amount of these applications being rejected, I think there is a potential that next month, the quota could go back up.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Has anyone had their application rejected? (Please note, rejected is different from refused. Rejected means HO has not approved application based off the contents of the application/lack of information. Refused is usually given because of quota/pts)
Good that you finally agreed to my earlier point on this. :)

Yeah, it would be more helpful if people post here if their employer received queries either -
1. First time this month even though trying for several months
2. Second time, after a gap of a few months (may be because change in Salary / RLMT expiry)
3. Never received queries and got approval (very unlikely for RLMT applicants)

If the queries are answered by employer, do the HO replies back if they are satisfied with the information or not.

If everyone can start sharing this information, it would be helpful to all to understand the process HO follows.
Come to think of it. HO did request previous pay slips from me for this month. This is the first time to my knowledge they have asked for more information on my application. I have been applying since December on low 30's pts. (a new RMLT was done for me during that time).
I think you are in same situation like me.

I also have 30 points. May I know your exact points?

So, you mean you have been applying with the same salary and job title since December and this is the first time your employer received queries?

May I know when exactly your RLMT was done? If your employer was asked to submit payslips, I assume you've been already working for the same employer.

Interesting to know more details from you like since when you started working for them and how your RLMT was done, as my case is very similar to yours. I've been working with my employer and RLMT was done when I was recruited and the details were provided to HO.

Do you think HO can ask to do RLMT again? Actually, there is no point of doing it just for the sake of formality.

advent26
India

Post by advent26 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Even today, i dont see considerable refusals. I believe that they are still rolling out the letters.
Guys at 41 and 42 points any refusals/ acceptance ? Whats your status ?

KPCEKB
Newly Registered
India

Post by KPCEKB » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:39 pm

rastogirishi wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm
KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 pm
KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm
rastogirishi wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Hi,
I am in the same boat as you are with 43 k salary.
They have withdrawn the offer in month of May.
Now the points have come down, i am trying my best to convince them but not yet heard anything. Sadly. How did you convince them.?

Or Can some one help me and guide me how to convince them.?
Any advice is appreciated.

And many congratulations to all who got their RCOS
Hello @rastogirishi,

I am keep following them with all the datas collected from this forum. My (our) sponsor stance on same.

He will only process my Rcos either when its comes under Shortage occupation or after minimum set point reaches my point.

Thing is, sponsor didnt get right people with Unrestricted Cos. They are keep posting the profile in their job portal as for candidate with URcos. This has been implemented for all their job post now a days.

If they are going outside EEA, it will come only for our 6 guys.

Don't worry. Considering the points now, Hope we will watch Cricket worldcup'19 in UK.
Hello @rastogirishi,
One more question,What is the status on your application in their portal?

Unsuccessful/Hired/"Blank"?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply... And it feels good.
Anyway... Status is blank... And i can still see my offer on my candidate portal... What does it mean?
We are in same boat. We are successful in the interview and it can be re-assigned anytime. Did you get the letter from HR mentioning the same.

HR is not at all aware of any of the topic about Rcos which is discussed in this forum. NHS Tier 2 cap removal, Excemptional case, etc. Simply recalled our offer and start searching with Off roles also as URCos profile. Anyway, lets wait for final statement of July allocation with minimum set point. We can write e-mail with proof mentioning the Rcos allocation with minimum point 40+ or below as per actual.

SC28
Newly Registered
India

Post by SC28 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:58 pm

movchange wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:32 pm
RCoS approved !
Fix salary 42.5 k
Bonus 5k which is to be paid quarterly
I believe I had 42 points ...
Could you please confirm if you have 42 points....because i'm still waiting at 42 pts.

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sk_7008 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:19 pm

SC28 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 pm
Sk_7008 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am
pleased to inform you all that I have been informed that rcos has been granted
45k non sol/nhs/phd no allowances. Had been trying since Feb.
reason for my post is that the first 45 point approval came last Friday. I was doubtful in the past couple of days whether my rcos was rejected because I was seeing 41 points 41k being approved. I had thought I might have missed it yet again for an another month.
The point I wanted to make was that there doesn't seem to be a particular order I.e. HO follows while granting rcos. If our particulars are assessed correctly, even if applications with points below us get approval, we would get our in matter of time.
Thanks and all the best for the ones waiting.
Congrats! Did you see 41 points getting approved anywhere??? I am still waiting at 42 points non nhs non sol.
Yes I did, it was yesterday. And too by an immigration firm, so I guess it's all good 😊 at your end

samhans12
Newly Registered
India

Post by samhans12 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Hello All,

I hope who all have been waiting for an update, get a positive response.

I just want to know from the folks who have COS approved, are you guys waiting for VISA to come in and then put down your papers? Or are you guys already on notice period. Are there chances to VISA still getting rejected, not including criminal offense and all.

Please share the link, in case there is a different forum for the same.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 pm

sorry for completely off topic.
where you guys applying for jobs in Uk - even if u are in uk or outside uk ?
i have a friend who is in need to change job but needs some sponsor.

please point me to the correct thread if there is any ..
best of luck to all waiting for rcos to be approved. :)

thanks

civeng2017

Post by civeng2017 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm

It’s been going so well.

Please don’t derail with Visa and especially job questions, you can’t get help from this thread on either.

Is there any indication of when the official numbers will go up?

chawlara
Newly Registered
India

Post by chawlara » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello All,
A bit late but got visa approved at 45. :D 8)
No special category.
I have been waiting for this day since March2018.
Thank you everyone for all the support and motivation every month on month.

I wish all the best to all who are still waiting for July declarations and to all who are expecting in comping months.
My best wishes and ALL SHOULD & WILL GET THROUGH.

Thanks again.

Sadsadsad
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Sadsadsad » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:44 am

Finally posting this message: RCOS granted at 41 points!
Non nhs, non shortage, etc
My employer has been applying since January ... and I have been checking this forum since then. Thanks for all the help and support! July is our lucky month :)

SC28
Newly Registered
India

Post by SC28 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:05 am

Sadsadsad wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:44 am
My employer has been applying since January ... and I have been checking this forum since then. Thanks for all the help and support! July is our lucky month :)
Hi..Congrats...when did you get this update?? i have been waiting at 42 points non-nhs non-sol....

vinchart
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vinchart » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 am

kristelaustria wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:04 am
vinchart wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm
Approved at 50 points, non-PhD, non-NHS, and non-SOL! It’s been 4 months! Good luck, everyone!
Hi Vinchart! Congratulation! May I know how you will apply for your visa? Are you a direct hire from UK? I will also apply for a work visa, but I am confused with regards to the POEA procedures. Thank you in advance for your response!
Hi! Congrats to you too! Yes, I’m a direct hire from the UK. Not sure with the POEA procedures yet; I believe our Recruiters going to instruct us further on this matter.

astana
Australia

Post by astana » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 am

vinchart wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 am
kristelaustria wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:04 am
vinchart wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:45 pm
Approved at 50 points, non-PhD, non-NHS, and non-SOL! It’s been 4 months! Good luck, everyone!
Hi Vinchart! Congratulation! May I know how you will apply for your visa? Are you a direct hire from UK? I will also apply for a work visa, but I am confused with regards to the POEA procedures. Thank you in advance for your response!
Hi! Congrats to you too! Yes, I’m a direct hire from the UK. Not sure with the POEA procedures yet; I believe our Recruiters going to instruct us further on this matter.
Please please keep the posts on this thread on topic about the CoS, it’s frustrating to come here for updates and see discussion of topics u related to the RCoS allocations especially as many of us are still waiting

Hope4UK
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Hope4UK » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:17 am

samhans12 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:31 pm
Hello All,

I just want to know from the folks who have COS approved, are you guys waiting for VISA to come in and then put down your papers? Or are you guys already on notice period. Are there chances to VISA still getting rejected, not including criminal offense and all.

Many have various doubts & clarifications, on especially wat happens after RCOS is approved. What are the challenges faced in VISA application, are there chances of rejections in visa , how long does it usually take for the visa to arrive, documents that are needed to be kept ready during travel ...

@Moderator - Please open a new thread where guys who already reached UK on point based system can help us ....

Redline
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Redline » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 am

Hello people,

I hope you all are well and in fine health.

I am a pharmacist waiting for RCOS for 7 months now and every month it has been rejected :| . Just not for me but for all pharmacists waiting for RCOS. If anybody has info regarding pharmacists, Please share.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:21 am

Hope4UK wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:17 am
samhans12 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:31 pm
Hello All,

Many have various doubts & clarifications, on especially wat happens after RCOS is approved. What are the challenges faced in VISA application, are there chances of rejections in visa , how long does it usually take for the visa to arrive, documents that are needed to be kept ready during travel ...

@Moderator - Please open a new thread where guys who already reached UK on point based system can help us ....
As has been asked many times, each person needs to start their own topic and ask about their own visa applications in their own topics/threads based on their circumstances.

All members have the ability to read past topics for info and the sticky topics which contain loads of info. And of course there is the official detailed HO guidance notes.

There is no general topic for yet more "discussion" which would, as usual and evident in this thread and many others, veer off topic with low value and irrelevant posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rastogirishi
Newly Registered
India

Post by rastogirishi » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:33 am

KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:39 pm
rastogirishi wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm
KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:41 pm
KPCEKB wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Hello @rastogirishi,

I am keep following them with all the datas collected from this forum. My (our) sponsor stance on same.

He will only process my Rcos either when its comes under Shortage occupation or after minimum set point reaches my point.

Thing is, sponsor didnt get right people with Unrestricted Cos. They are keep posting the profile in their job portal as for candidate with URcos. This has been implemented for all their job post now a days.

If they are going outside EEA, it will come only for our 6 guys.

Don't worry. Considering the points now, Hope we will watch Cricket worldcup'19 in UK.
Hello @rastogirishi,
One more question,What is the status on your application in their portal?

Unsuccessful/Hired/"Blank"?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply... And it feels good.
Anyway... Status is blank... And i can still see my offer on my candidate portal... What does it mean?
We are in same boat. We are successful in the interview and it can be re-assigned anytime. Did you get the letter from HR mentioning the same.

HR is not at all aware of any of the topic about Rcos which is discussed in this forum. NHS Tier 2 cap removal, Excemptional case, etc. Simply recalled our offer and start searching with Off roles also as URCos profile. Anyway, lets wait for final statement of July allocation with minimum set point. We can write e-mail with proof mentioning the Rcos allocation with minimum point 40+ or below as per actual.
@KPCEKB: I have not received any specific letter as such except offer is withdrawn stating the reason of withdrawal.
Did u receive anything??

And if possible for you, could u inbox me on personal mail i dont want to divert the topic on this thread..
Mail id is from xxxxx.. Add in the end
Xxxxxxxx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:40 am

rastogirishi wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:33 am
@KPCEKB: I have not received any specific letter as such except offer is withdrawn stating the reason of withdrawal.
Did u receive anything??

And if possible for you, could u inbox me on personal mail i dont want to divert the topic on this thread..
Mail id is from xxxxx.. Add in the end
Xxxxxxxx
If you wish to remain an active member on the forum, I strongly suggest you read the forum rules.

NO personal contact info of any sort is permitted to be posted to protect your privacy. Everyone here is a complete stranger to you and we have many scammers and spammers who trawl the forum daily!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 am

Sadsadsad wrote:
Congratulations!

An important question!

May I know if your employer was asked to provide further information? If so, when?

Also clarify when your RLMT was done. Did your employer do it again in June/July?

civeng2017

Post by civeng2017 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 am

Sadsadsad wrote:
Thank you and Congratulations!

You can now change your name to happyhappyhappy :)

41 is more than I think most expected! Let’s hope it comes down and clears the range of 40 points.

shide44
Australia

Post by shide44 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:36 am

Yea I too i'm hopeful that it clears the 40K mark. I am just not sure how they decide amongst the applicants with the same points? does it depend on how many months they've applied or does everyone get put back in the same pot and someone randomly selected.

This is my second month applying so less hopeful that I would go through over people applying for 4-5 months.

anilisanil
Mood:

Post by anilisanil » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:40 am

shide44 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:36 am
Yea I too i'm hopeful that it clears the 40K mark. I am just not sure how they decide amongst the applicants with the same points? does it depend on how many months they've applied or does everyone get put back in the same pot and someone randomly selected.

This is my second month applying so less hopeful that I would go through over people applying for 4-5 months.
Unfounded fears. All valid applications at and above the minimum score will be approved.

civeng2017

Post by civeng2017 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:52 am

shide44 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:36 am

You don't have to worry about that. A whole points band gets cleared or not at all. This means that, except of course for exceptional approvals, if one 41 gets cleared they all get cleared. It's all or nothing.

So when it gets to 40, it will be all the 40's :)

Hope that helps allay the doubts:)