ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Convention Travel Documents application time experience

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

duplece
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Re: Convention Travel Documents application time experience

Post by duplece » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:28 am

Ellanor2018 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:23 am
I received my travel document today !!!!
duplece wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:12 am
Ellanor2018 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:26 am
ranaahmad23 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:47 am

hello, you can email them.. they will reply u back in 20 working days maximum, after email automatic email response will be come in ur email. its called acknowledgement.
email id:
traveldocumentenquires@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Hi thanks all of a sudden home Office case worker callef me today to ensure my home address and i also asked her when i will receive my travel document and she told me in about 3 weeks i applied for first time travel document on the 01/05/2018
wahoo congratualtion you should have it very soon.
i have applied my TD first time on 21/05/2018 been waiting for it since . i received acknowledge saying this:
your appplication is now in queue for a caseworker to consider . ''we aim to complet 98% of application cases within 70working days, although this is not always possible for a number of reasons. if your BRP card has been submitted with your application, this is being returned with this letter as its no longer required.''

so since the 21/05 i applied i received the letter of acknlge included with my BRP in it today 14/07/2018 ,thats almost 2months

does that mean i will have to wait another 70working days starting from today? or is my TD on the way as i received my BRP?

please someone help me. :( :(
feri_2017 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:35 pm
Hi all

I posted my application on 18 April 2018 and got the acknowledgment letter along with my BRP today 16 June 2018. I just hope they don't take another 2 months to issue my TD.

Good luck everyone

Feri
hey ferri did you received your TD? we are in the same shoes send my application on 21/05/2018 received aknolege letter along my BRP today 14/07/2018

duplece
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by duplece » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:31 am

Ellanor2018 wrote:
duplece wrote:
Ellanor2018 wrote:
ranaahmad23 wrote:

hello, you can email them.. they will reply u back in 20 working days maximum, after email automatic email response will be come in ur email. its called acknowledgement.
email id:
Hi thanks all of a sudden home Office case worker callef me today to ensure my home address and i also asked her when i will receive my travel document and she told me in about 3 weeks i applied for first time travel document on the 01/05/2018
i have applied my TD first time on 21/05/2018 been waiting for it since . i received acknowledge saying this:
your appplication is now in queue for a caseworker to consider . ''we aim to complet 98% of application cases within 70working days, although this is not always possible for a number of reasons. if your BRP card has been submitted with your application, this is being returned with this letter as its no longer required.''

so since the 21/05 i applied i received the letter of acknlge included with my BRP in it today 14/07/2018 ,thats almost 2months

does that mean i will have to wait another 70working days starting from today? or is my TD on the way as i received my BRP?

congratulation. did you receidve ackn letter along with your brp? if yes how long before u got your TD? thanks

duplece
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by duplece » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:03 am

Saniii wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:22 pm
Could you think of anything that might have gone wrong for them to ask for further information, and this addresses the cause of the delay of your TD finally when everyone else who applied after you have got theirs
hey Sanii Did you received your ackn letter along with you brp? if so have you received you TD Now? :)

Ellanor2018
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Ellanor2018 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 am

Btw you should receive yours in about 2,5 weeks dont worry.
Ellanor2018 wrote:
duplece wrote:
Ellanor2018 wrote:
ranaahmad23 wrote:

email id:

duplece
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by duplece » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:29 am

Ellanor2018 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:13 am
Btw you should receive yours in about 2,5 weeks dont worry.
Ellanor2018 wrote:
duplece wrote:
Ellanor2018 wrote:

thank you very much for keeping my hope & hopefully i received any time soon. :)

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Applied for Travel Documents 11/04/2018

Still waiting!!!

Merox
Newly Registered

Post by Merox » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am

An update on the timeline

Application & docs posted: 20 April 2018
Acknowledgement letter received: 25 May
Old TD: received 14 July
New TD: received today

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Finally received TD today!

Timeline:
Applied: 11/04/2018
Received TD: 16/07/2018

Holidays waiting for me))))

Good luck for everyone who still waiting TD.

Miss mimi
United Arab Emirates

Post by Miss mimi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi guys another update so I applied 28 February after waiting for 92 days I received a email stating a package is on its way to me, here I am thinking it’s my TD NOPE! It was a letter saying that I need to sent in prove of my residencey in the uk. My case worker only gave me 15 days to provide this what a joke. For the past week I’ve been running around like a headless chicken. I’ll keep you guys updated & congratulations to everyone that received their TD

volofelice
Newly Registered

Post by volofelice » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Miss mimi wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:03 pm
Hi guys another update so I applied 28 February after waiting for 92 days I received a email stating a package is on its way to me, here I am thinking it’s my TD NOPE! It was a letter saying that I need to sent in prove of my residencey in the uk. My case worker only gave me 15 days to provide this what a joke. For the past week I’ve been running around like a headless chicken. I’ll keep you guys updated & congratulations to everyone that received their TD
That's really frustrating! did you send a copy of your resident card with the application? I understand that is not required to send the original document but it's weird that they ask you to do now?

I still did not receive my TD as well, my lawyer told me that my case is a bit complicated (he used to be a caseworker), I'm applying for the certificate of travel (black colour) and it may require a longer time than other documents. It's 83 days for me!! and the travel document inquiries did not respond to any of my emails.

on the light side, I think it's a good sign that they asked you for the proof of residency, it means that they are finally working on your case. But I totally understand how the waiting can be very frustrating. can you complain about it?

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 am

Hi, can someone plz help by providing me a contact no for travel doc section? My father passed away one month before while my ilr application was underway. Now I’d like to ask them to fast track my TD application. Plz help with their contact number. Thank you

volofelice
Newly Registered

Post by volofelice » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Oria wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 am
Hi, can someone plz help by providing me a contact no for travel doc section? My father passed away one month before while my ilr application was underway. Now I’d like to ask them to fast track my TD application. Plz help with their contact number. Thank you
Hi Oria,

I don't have a contact number, but I know that priority requests can be made through submitting evidence documents and it can be emailed to traveldocumentenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or faxed to 020 8196 0109. However, original documentary evidence must also be posted to the address:

Home Office
Travel Documents Section Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road Croydon
CR9 2BY

All the best.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:36 pm

Thank you for the kind reply and info. It not be possible to provide originals of evidence as if asked by post it will take another 10 days. And for much of it as you know in our hone countries hospitals do not provide a death certificate. But I have sent them via email scans of medical reports for last 14 months. I’ll try to approach local mp if do not hear from them by mid next week.

cloud123
Newly Registered

Post by cloud123 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 am

slavaengland wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Timeline:

If you don't mind me asking, are you from Ukraine? Did they give you a blue passport or a black passport? I'm Syrian citizen, I applied for the blue passport, but after about 3.5 months, they said no and asked me to apply for a black passport because I'm not a refugee in the UK.

Is there anyway I can get a blue passport?! the black passport is not accepted nearly everywhere

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:30 am

Hi, no I’m not from Ukraine. I’m a refugee. All refugees qualify for blue passport until they naturalise.

AFGGG
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by AFGGG » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Quick question bro: can you travel to your country of origin by refugees travel documents?

duplece
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Post by duplece » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:34 pm

AFGGG wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:06 pm
Quick question bro: can you travel to your country of origin by refugees travel documents?
NOOO U Can't It says On The TD That U Are Ban from traveling to ur country of origin. :|

Londonirish26
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Londonirish26 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Applied on 27th April for Certificate of Travel ( black passport). Still waiting and need the document to give notice for marriage as wedding is booked for Decemeber 😣.

Adeda1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Adeda1 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi there,
My timeline,
First time applying for TD.
Application and docs sent: 04/05/18
Acknowledgment letter: 25/06/18
TD received yesterday : 23/07/18
Good luck everyone!

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:03 pm

cloud123 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 am
slavaengland wrote:

Timeline:

If you don't mind me asking, are you from Ukraine? Did they give you a blue passport or a black passport? I'm Syrian citizen, I applied for the blue passport, but after about 3.5 months, they said no and asked me to apply for a black passport because I'm not a refugee in the UK.

Is there anyway I can get a blue passport?! the black passport is not accepted nearly everywhere
I am from Ukraine! I received blue passport as I have refugee stateless.
My daughter, She was born in the UK, received black passport as She is non-refugee person but black passport doesn't recognise by EU countries. That black passport valid for Egypt, Dominican Rep., Aruba (we travel to that countries).

slavaengland
Ukraine

Post by slavaengland » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:21 pm

I planning holidays and try to choose place where I will go this summer with my family. I did send emails to embassies of many European countries and received answers today! I would like to share this information with you!

Can holder of Travel Document (1951, blue) and UK Biometric Residence permit travel with out a visa to:
- Bulgaria - YES (no need a visa)
- Romania - YES
- Estonia - NO (need a visa)
- Slovakia - NO
- Slovenia - YES
- Bosnia and Herzegovina - YES
- Denmark - YES
- Greenland - YES
- Faroe Islands - YES
- Italy - NO
- Finland - YES
- Norwegian - YES
- Moldova - YES
- Portugal - YES
- Spain - YES
- Germany - YES
- France - YES
- Swistheland - YES
- Netherland - YES
- Belgium - YES
- Gibraltar - YES
- Austria - NO
- Kosovo - YES
- Albania - YES
- Iceland - YES
- Sweden - YES

Also, waiting response from Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro and Norway embassies.
Will update shortly!

Londonirish26
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Londonirish26 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:30 pm

slavaengland wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:03 pm
cloud123 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 am
slavaengland wrote:

Timeline:

I am from Ukraine! I received blue passport as I have refugee stateless.
My daughter, She was born in the UK, received black passport as She is non-refugee person but black passport doesn't recognise by EU countries. That black passport valid for Egypt, Dominican Rep., Aruba (we travel to that countries).
What other countries accept the black passport? This is the one I have applied for.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Adeda1 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:51 pm
Hi there,
My timeline,
First time applying for TD.
Application and docs sent: 04/05/18
Acknowledgment letter: 25/06/18
TD received yesterday : 23/07/18
Good luck everyone!
This is great Adela. Seem to have taken a little over 2 months for you.

Miss mimi
United Arab Emirates

Post by Miss mimi » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 am

Good morning everyone here’s another update. I received a text at 7.30am from DX saying your delivery from home office is due today. 2 hours later my TD came. No apporvel letter came with it

Miss mimi
United Arab Emirates

Post by Miss mimi » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:42 am

Can anybody tell me if i Need to travel do I need to bring my biometric card along me? Or can I travel with my TD only? Thanks