ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chisomekwu
Mood:

British Citizenship

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi,

1. I wanted to find out if my absence in the last 3 years will affect my BC application

I was granted ILR on a 5 year route on Jan 2018 having been married to a British Citizen. :D

Was out of the country for 4 days in Dec 2016 with my wife on a Christmas trip (22nd -26th Dec)

Also was out of the country in from March 2nd to April 23rd 2018 due to sudden death of my little sister. :cry:

Other than that, my immigration history is clean. I was wondering if these absences will affect my application. :?

2. I also want to ask once i have done the online application, how many days do i have to visit the NCS for document verification? Can i book with any coucil other than where i live cos my council Hertmere Borough Council have stopped offering NCS service today.

3. I understand i need to include these documents, my passport, my ILR, Life in the UK, UK Masters degree Cerificate, application form. Please is there anyother document i need to add to support my aplication?

Amo2012

Re: British Citizenship

Post by Amo2012 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Chisomekwu wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:22 pm
Hi,

1. I wanted to find out if my absence in the last 3 years will affect my BC application
Absences from UK:
Page: 7 - 8

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... feb-18.pdf

2. I also want to ask once i have done the online application, how many days do i have to visit the NCS for document verification?
10 days
Can i book with any coucil other than where i live
yes
3. I understand i need to include these documents, my passport, my ILR, Life in the UK, UK Masters degree Cerificate, application form. Please is there anyother document i need to add to support my aplication?

Supporting Documents:
Page: 29 - 31

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -06-18.pdf