ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa start date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ariyii
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Tier 2 dependent visa start date

Post by Ariyii » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Please can anyone help me with an answer on the following issue. I am applying for my Tier 2 Visa with 2 dependents- we are looking at the option of me going first and then my wife and son joining 2 months from now. Basically, my question is- can we pick separate dates of entering into the UK while applying together.

I presume my wife's one month Vignette visa will count from when she states that she wants to enter the UK. Is this thinking right?

Any concrete response would be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa start date

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 pm

I presume my wife's one month Vignette visa will count from when she states that she wants to enter the UK. Is this thinking right?
Yes, correct. But UKVI often ignore these requests and then you have to run around to get the visa amended.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa start date

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Ariyii wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:10 pm
Please can anyone help me with an answer on the following issue. I am applying for my Tier 2 Visa with 2 dependents- we are looking at the option of me going first and then my wife and son joining 2 months from now. Basically, my question is- can we pick separate dates of entering into the UK while applying together.

Any concrete response would be greatly appreciated.
So better you apply your own Tier 2 VISA first, and you come to the UK and then your dependents apply afterwards when the time mature. The processing time is quick usually within 2 weeks to 1 month.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.