ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa or Family Visa? Help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bimbola
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Spouse Visa or Family Visa? Help please

Post by Bimbola » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:45 am

I applied for second half (to complete the 5-year route) of spouse visa about two years ago and instead of declining me I got family visa.

This is because I was on maternity leave at the time and not earning anything, hubby was not earning enough to meet the requirements at the time as well. However we have two British children and this is why I'm sure the visa was changed instead of outright refusal.

Now I am back to full time work and can apply on my own without hubby. I wonder if I could get back on the spouse visa ladder, as continuing with the family thing would mean another 7.5yrs. I wouldn't mind starting the spouse visa over again, if the initial 2.5yrs don't count anymore...at least that would mean 5yrs to go till I can apply for indefinite instead of 7.5yrs.
Any advise would be well appreciated please, thank you :)

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa or Family Visa? Help please

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:21 am

If you meet all the requirements, you should be able to submit a FLR(M) application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.