ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying as Partner using online form Assistance Required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Smurf786
Newly Registered

Applying as Partner using online form Assistance Required

Post by Smurf786 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:47 am

Hi Guys,

Hope your well and apologies if i am posting in the wrong section.

I have a residence permit and looking at extending after 2.5 years in the UK.

My Situation:
I am from India
I live in the UK with my partner and have a 6 month old baby.
My Partner meets the £18600 threshold
I have a CEFR A2 Certificate

I am applying online but i have go to the following question:

Do you have any children of 18 years old or under?(Required)
Yes

No

I Select Yes above and it ask's:

Are all of your children applying with you on this application?(Required)
Yes

No

Do i select No above as baby was born in UK and my partner is meeting threshold etc?

If i select No it ask:

Why are all of your children not applying with you as part of this application?

What reason do i give here please?

After giving reason it ask:

Additional applicant
To add another applicant, select their relationship to you. If you do not wish to add another applicant, complete the application for the main applicant and select ‘Continue’.
I would like to add a:
Do i select:

Dependant Child

Thank you all for your assistance...

:wink:

bathanza

Re: Applying as Partner using online form Assistance Required

Post by bathanza » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:44 pm

The online form can surely be so confusing! It's easy to see how you can get so easily confused.

What is your child's nationality?

If your child is a British citizen (Assuming your partner is British) then the child will not be a dependant on you and you simply select no as a dependant and explain your child is British and therefore does not require an extension to stay.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Smurf786
Newly Registered

Post by Smurf786 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 am

Hi,

Yes the child is british as my partner is British Citizen so thank you for your answer.

I have filled in the required form but not using a solicitor. Just thinking the worst as i have a 6 month baby, If the form was not accepted for any reason would i just need to pay the £1033 fee once again and re-apply?

Also, on the documents it ask for:

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, Such as a mortgage statement

My Father in law owns the property so does not pay a mortgage on it so what document would i supply as proof of ownership of the property?

Kind Regards,

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:12 am

Smurf786 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 am
Hi,

Yes the child is british as my partner is British Citizen so thank you for your answer.

I have filled in the required form but not using a solicitor. Just thinking the worst as i have a 6 month baby, If the form was not accepted for any reason would i just need to pay the £1033 fee once again and re-apply? You're overthinking this.

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, Such as a mortgage statement

My Father in law owns the property so does not pay a mortgage on it so what document would i supply as proof of ownership of the property? A copy of the property deeds.

Kind Regards,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Smurf786 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 am
Hi,

I have filled in the required form but not using a solicitor. Just thinking the worst as i have a 6 month baby, If the form was not accepted for any reason would i just need to pay the £1033 fee once again and re-apply?

My Father in law owns the property so does not pay a mortgage on it so what document would i supply as proof of ownership of the property?

Kind Regards,
Just write the child is british and does not require a visa. And yes, as Casa said, you're over thinking it!

I believe the property deed and a letter from your father in law in a statement that explains that he gives you permission to stay in the property would be needed

I wish you all the very best.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Smurf786
Newly Registered

Post by Smurf786 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:15 am

Thanks guys for putting my mind at rest but something else has cropped up my partner/sponsor only pays the telephone/broadband bill at home as lives with parents so doesn't pay any other bills.

This is with Plusnet and they don't provide paper bills as they are a paperless company :( .

They are assuring me the bills i can print online are good for evidence purposes but i cannot take there word for it.

I have attached a picture of the bill with some fields omitted:

It says this needs to be provided as evidence of where {BABY'S NAME} other parent lives - such as utility bills.

Also, some of the 2 year correspondence can i use the above document as one of them even though it is being used as evidence for baby's ?

I have managed to pay £3 for Title Register and £3 for Title Plan and print copy and from some post on this forum i understand the copies are fine. I hope this is still the case?

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated and thank you for your time...

Kind Regards,

Smurf786
Newly Registered

Post by Smurf786 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Spoke to plusnet they will not send out any paper bills at all. I found this link

indefinite-leave-to-remain/validating-p ... 52029.html

Is this still the case that printed invoices are valid?

Kind Regards,

Smurf786
Newly Registered

Post by Smurf786 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi,

As per document request one other document requested is:

• Birth certificate of both of Child's parents

I just realised my birth certificate is in an indian language gujarati.

I assume i will need to get this translated an does it require Apostille? I found out from a local company but they want £200+ for this service. Can anyone recommend me birth certificate translator services that offer the correct document for HO?

Also, my partners passport does this need to be a certified copy as i have only put normal copy...?

Kind Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:18 pm

No recommendations allowed.

Any documents not in English must be translated. Your embassy could probably do it or an official translator. No need for apostille.

Partners passport only needs to be copied
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Smurf786
Newly Registered

Post by Smurf786 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Thank you guys for all your help nearly ready to submit my application now. Another question i had was it states to provide:

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK?

Now i understand everyone's situation is different but obviously my partner and family is here. I have been attending some courses and have the certificates for these so will be putting in these certificates and my 6 months old babies birth certificate.

What other Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in UK be supplied?

Do they want photographs etc?

Kind Regards,