ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence ILR with Tier 2 Curtailed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohaque
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General to FLRO

Post by mohaque » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi All,
Just a few queries regarding my case.
Came UK 01/2009 been here on diffrent visa category Student- PSW-T2G
I'm on tier 2G visa currently Expires 6/2020 but due to some unfortunate situations my employer have gave me 1 month notice that he will terminate my employment. reason stating that I have not passed my probation period. I was sponsored by an umbrella company (who sponsor skilled workers & contract them to client )so I was meant to secure a contract £200-250 P/D but its been 3 months i have failed to secure any contract.so now they about to terminate my employment.
My queries are below pls do advise accordingly.
1. Can I appeal against my employer for his decision to terminate my employment?
2.How long does it take to get a curtailment letter from UKBA?
3.My gross 60 days period starts once i recieved the curtailment letter?
4.Can I switch to Tier 4 to buy time to reach 10 yrs?
5. Can I Apply for FLRO ( human rights grounds ) I have 1 dependent & minor dependent ( Under 1 yr )
6. If granted how long FLRO can be valid?
7. Can I apply diffrent category again once FLRO expires ?
8. Whats the other category which i can apply for reaching 10 yrs route?
9. Also I have not been on Payroll since last oct 2016 cox my previous company got revoked? does this affect my ILR application

Pls put any useful info or advise?

Thanks
Mo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General to FLRO

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 am

You have bigger problems. Contracting on tier 2 general is not permitted and is illegal through an umbrella company.

This is a breach if your visa conditions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 General to FLRO

Post by poper » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:52 am

Adding to CR001's response

A curtailment letter might take a few weeks/months to arrive. The only plausible solution is for you to move to a legitimate sponsor.
Visa based on human rights are bound to be refused unless there are serious and compelling reasons
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

mohaque
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Curtailment

Post by mohaque » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello All,

I have few questions it will be great if someone can guide/advise me correctly. Thanks in advance.

I’m on Tier 2 General Visa due to some issues with my sponsor company, I have received my visa curtailment letter from HO stating I have till 21/09/18 to leave or apply for new visa. my question are below.
I will be eligible for ILR from 10/12/18 on 10 years route.
1)what will be best & cost saving visa categories I can apply with my dependent (wife) to buy some time from HO till I get eligible for ILR?
2) If I want to apply for FLR which sub category I can apply ? How much It will be for 2 applications?
3) How long does it take to process the FLR application?
4) Once I switch over from FLR to ILR can I apply for refund for FLR applications fee?
5) Also If I have some medical condition due to that reason could not work for last 6 months & get regular hospitals appointments. does this add any effect if I apply for FLR?
6) Not working since last 6 months does this effect my ILR applications?

Thank you All

mohaque
Newly Registered

Long Residence ILR with Tier 2 Curtailed

Post by mohaque » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello Guys,

I'm planning to apply for ILR ( 10 years route ) in Dec 2018.
I was on mixed visa, most recent Tier 2 general with my wife Tier 2 dependent
Due to some medical conditions I could not take any work,so my Tier 2 sponsor withdrawn my visa. Now I have recieved curtailment letter from HO stating visa expiring 21/9/18
My question is
1) What visa can I apply to buy time till dec 18 till ILR ( My solictor advise FLR-LR )
2) IF I apply FLR with my dependent, Can I go to same day service when eligible for ILR?
3) IF I was out of work since April does it effect my ILR ?
4) What will be FLR- Dependent status if I go for same service & get approved ILR ?
5) Can I apply for same day service for my ILR & my ILR dependent if I do not have last 6 months payslips or employment ?
6)I have been advised IF I go same day service for my ILR, my FLR dependent application get invalid ?
7) If thats get invalid how long does she have to leave the country/how long does it take to get her documents back to travel back? will this taken as overstay and effect if i apply for visa outside UK after 6 months employment?
Last question - IF I switch FLR to ILR in dec 2018, will my FLR application fee get refunded?
if my dependent application get invalid will we get her application refunded?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence ILR with Tier 2 Curtailed

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.