ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help for minor daughter surrendering Indian passport Querry

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Peaceman
Newly Registered
India

Urgent help for minor daughter surrendering Indian passport Querry

Post by Peaceman » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:57 am

Dear Experts,

My daughter has Right of abode in her indian passport, valid from 1 May 2014. she was born in India 1 Jan 2014 (I was british citizen at that time). Acquired Indian passport and had right of abode stamp on her passport before came to UK in May 2014. Now we deicded to apply for her British passport (as she can directly apply for British passport for having ROA on her indian passport and she was born after 2006). Could you please advise is there any difficulties surrendering her Indian passport once she receive her British Passport and apply for OCI card.I have seen some threds here where people had hecty fines for keeping Indian passport for more than 3 years. All your help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

ouflak1

Re: Urgent help for minor daughter surrendering Indian passport Querry

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:59 am

Could you post some links to those threads? The only cases I've heard of are of people caught at immigration control with their 'foreign' passport, but still trying to use the Indian passport to enter the country. This will incur a fine as well as confiscation of the Indian passport. But simply surrendering it? Never heard of that incurring a fine.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Urgent help for minor daughter surrendering Indian passport Querry

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Have you used your Indian Passport for travel? In that case, fine might be there.

https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?0834?001/0005