ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) or PBS Dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dragon098
Mood:

Set (M) or PBS Dependent

Post by dragon098 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi,

I am currently in Tier 2 (General) Visa and I am due to apply my ILR Settlement VISA in 2nd week of December 2018. My current visa expires in Jan 2020.

My question is (which one would be better and easier for my partner to apply) PBS-Dependent or FLR Set(M). I'm asking this because I'll be soon getting married in October 2018. This is a arrange marriage and I have not know her for long time, just few months.

I did check and read online on both PBS-Dependent and FLR Set(M). I just want opinion or a better advice on which would be better and easier.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set (M) or PBS Dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Set(M) is a form for ILR after spending 5 years in the UK on a spouse visa it is not a Spouse visa form for applications outside the UK.

If you apply for a PBS Dependent visa, it will only be valid for as long as your current visa is valid after which you will have to apply for a 3 year extension and possibly another 3 year extension before spouse can apply for ILR. If you choose to apply PBS Dependent visa from outside the UK, you might have to delay your ILR if spouse's visa is still being processed.

You could wait till you get ILR and then apply on VAF4A and Appendix FM for a spouse settlement visa.

You need to choose what is the better option for you. We cannot make that choice. They are different visas with different requirements.

PBS Dependent also has absence limits whereas spouse settlement visa does not.

Spouse settlement visa has a financial requirement that must be met and English A1 whereas PBS Dependent does not (only maintenance funds).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your advice, I think I know what I should do :D

KVP

Post by KVP » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:13 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 pm
Hi CR001,

Thanks for your advice, I think I know what I should do :D
and also mind the difference in fees for both routes!!