ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Derivative Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Derivative Residence Card

Post by zambranocarer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi there,

Please i need help with lodging in the Derivative residence card under the Zambrano carer route.

A little about my background, i am a single mother to a 5 months old boy who has a British passport through his father. as i am the sole carer of my son. my sons father has only seen my son once, he doesn't contribute towards the upbringing of my son.

i have read a lot of refusals about this application hence why i am seeking for help and advice. How do i prove the father is not in the picture as i don't even have his current phone number.

As i am putting in the application myself (i cant afford a lawyer right now) Please i will like to know which section on the DRF (1) form to fill. For those that have had a successful application without needing to appeal, Which supporting documents did you send.

Im really desperate for help, any advice will be helpful. Thanks in Advance

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Derivative Residence Card

Post by zambranocarer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am

Can anybody please offer Advice, i am quite desperate to get this application out as i can't afford a lawyer this is all the help i can get here. Please Moderators help me, or anyone that has had a similar application please offer your advice.

Thanks in advance. :(

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 pm

zambranocarer wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm
Hi there,

Please i need help with lodging in the Derivative residence card under the Zambrano carer route.

A little about my background, i am a single mother to a 5 months old boy who has a British passport through his father. as i am the sole carer of my son. my sons father has only seen my son once, he doesn't contribute towards the upbringing of my son.

i have read a lot of refusals about this application hence why i am seeking for help and advice. How do i prove the father is not in the picture as i don't even have his current phone number.

As i am putting in the application myself (i cant afford a lawyer right now) Please i will like to know which section on the DRF (1) form to fill. For those that have had a successful application without needing to appeal, Which supporting documents did you send.

Zombrano maybe very difficult path.
Why don’t you apply for flr fp public funds.
Are you aware that zombrano has no settlement.?

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by zambranocarer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi there,

I considered that application, But i cannot afford to pay the application fee, and i thought i would equally need a solicitor to put in that application.

I read about the settlement, as i just want to be legal, i thought that Zambrano will be the easier option.

Could you give me some advice regarding flr fp public funds application. it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by zambranocarer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 pm

New on forum wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 pm
zambranocarer wrote:
Hi there,

Hi there,

I considered that application, But i cannot afford to pay the application fee, and i thought i would equally need a solicitor to put in that application.

I read about the settlement, as i just want to be legal, i thought that Zambrano will be the easier option.

Could you give me some advice regarding flr fp public funds application. it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:21 pm

zambranocarer wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 pm
New on forum wrote:
zambranocarer wrote:
Hi there,

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
I agree that fee is heavy and fee waiver has very slim chance of acceptance.
I don’t think that you need a solicitor to lodge that application i am sure you can do it yourself with help from this forum.i done my application myself.

Sorry I wasn’t clear earlier what I meant by saying flr fp public funds was that as you are a single parent you are likely to be granted resource public funds with your leave to remain.o know a few people who are single parent and has been granted resource to public funds.
You can look into fee waiver option if you think you may qualify for that.

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by zambranocarer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 pm

New on forum wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:21 pm
zambranocarer wrote:
New on forum wrote:
zambranocarer wrote:
Hi there,

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
I don’t think that you need a solicitor to lodge that application i am sure you can do it yourself with help from this forum.i done my application myself.

Sorry I wasn’t clear earlier what I meant by saying flr fp public funds was that as you are a single parent you are likely to be granted resource public funds with your leave to remain.o know a few people who are single parent and has been granted resource to public funds.
Thank you so much for your response, Means the world to me.

Its awesome you did your application yourself.

Could you kindly tell me what application you did. was it the flr fp as a single parent, i really do not want to make a mistake.

What sort of information / document did you send to accompany your application if its not too much to ask, it will be nice to see the witness statement you presented (just to have an idea).

With the recourse to public fund do you have to request it with your application?

sorry for the million questions.

Thanks in advance.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm

zambranocarer wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 pm
New on forum wrote:
zambranocarer wrote:
New on forum wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

Could you kindly tell me what application you did. was it the flr fp as a single parent, i really do not want to make a mistake.

What sort of information / document did you send to accompany your application if its not too much to ask, it will be nice to see the witness statement you presented (just to have an idea).

With the recourse to public fund do you have to request it with your application?

Thanks in advance.
My application was as a partner not a parent.
But the application form is same for parent and partner route.
It really depends on your circumstances that what documents you should send but mainly it will be evidence that your child loves with you and also his proof of nationality ideally the British passport.
There is no statement required but you can just add a cover letter describing your circumstances and a list of documents you are including with your application.
Regarding public funds caseworkers have to take into account the welfare of the child and decide appropriately.
If you request public funds you may need to provide some details of your financial circumstances and also any evidence you have of that.
Feel free to ask if you need any help with application form or anything else.

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by zambranocarer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 pm

New on forum wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 pm
zambranocarer wrote:
New on forum wrote:
zambranocarer wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
It really depends on your circumstances that what documents you should send but mainly it will be evidence that your child loves with you and also his proof of nationality ideally the British passport.
There is no statement required but you can just add a cover letter describing your circumstances and a list of documents you are including with your application.
Regarding public funds caseworkers have to take into account the welfare of the child and decide appropriately.
If you request public funds you may need to provide some details of your financial circumstances and also any evidence you have of that.
Thanks a lot for replying, i have manage to print off the FLR (FP) form today.

i am still trying to figure what information to send with my application, as i am currently staying with my brother, can he write a statement to show that my son lives with me as i currently don't have any proof of address.

I really don't want them to refuse me hence why i am stressing like this. i am equally hoping i get granted with recourse to public funds.

since i am applying as a parent, it will be nice to know what sections of the form to fill out. Plus i cant believe i am about to file in an application by myself.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 am

zambranocarer wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 pm
New on forum wrote:
zambranocarer wrote:
New on forum wrote:

Thanks in advance.

i am still trying to figure what information to send with my application, as i am currently staying with my brother, can he write a statement to show that my son lives with me as i currently don't have any proof of address.

I really don't want them to refuse me hence why i am stressing like this. i am equally hoping i get granted with recourse to public funds.

since i am applying as a parent, it will be nice to know what sections of the form to fill out. Plus i cant believe i am about to file in an application by myself.
Yes ,he can write a statement.
A letter from childs doctor will do the job.
Even if you do not get resource to public funds you can always apply for change of conditions free of charge later.
You will need to read through the guidance notes
And fill the form.
If you get stuck at a certain part then you can ask here.
Just make sure all the mendatory sections of the form are filled.

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by zambranocarer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:31 am

New on forum wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 am
zambranocarer wrote:
New on forum wrote:
zambranocarer wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Even if you do not get resource to public funds you can always apply for change of conditions free of charge later.
And fill the form.

Hi there, My sister in law is a social worker, Could she also write a letter confirming i am a single parent and i live with them???

zambranocarer
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by zambranocarer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 am

Also is it a requirement to send my bank statement with my application?

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:12 am

zambranocarer wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:31 am
New on forum wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:03 am
zambranocarer wrote:
New on forum wrote:

And fill the form.

Hi there, My sister in law is a social worker, Could she also write a letter confirming i am a single parent and i live with them???
I don’t see why not.

Zambrano-carer
Newly Registered

Post by Zambrano-carer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi,

The UK is leaving the EU in March 2019. A derivative residence card is a right imposed on the UK by the EU.

There is no guarantee there won't be a hard Brexit which means that the EU based Derivative Residence card will not be valid unless Parliament takes action.

Even if the UK has the transition period, Zambrano carers are not covered under the withdrawal agreement.

Zambrano-carer
Newly Registered

Post by Zambrano-carer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:49 pm

also, here is an article about Family Leave to Remain under the Parent route - FLR(FP)

http://noadvertisingspammer.org.uk/archives/839

"Since many of the FLR(FP) categories have been brought into the Immigration Rules in 2012, however, there has always been triage in Sheffield – those applications that appeared to be straightforwardly under the Rules, stayed there, and outside of the Rules applications, as I understand, may have been indeed given to private contractor(s)."

"I really do not think that HMPO caseworkers in Durham are handling processing of FLR(FP) applications."

Q Asked by Seema Malhotra(Feltham and Heston)Asked on: 11 July 2018
"To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate he has made of the number of people who have applied for the right to reside in the UK as carers under Ruiz-Zambrano case law since 2011; and of those people how many were successful."

Questions regarding Zambrano carers by Seema Malhotra, MP

Here is a third link to a question asked by Hilary Benn, MP

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?i ... 1.122301.h

Hilary Benn Chair, Committee on Exiting the European Union
"To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the residence rights of the EU family members of UK nationals who have derived those rights under Ruiz Zambrano case law are; and whether they are covered by the Phase 1 agreement with the EU."

Caroline Nokes The Minister for Immigration
"Until the UK leaves the European Union (EU), EU family members of UK nationals who have derived those rights under Ruiz Zambrano case law continue to have the same rights and status, and are subject to the same residence requirements under EU law, as was the case before Article 50 was triggered

The Withdrawal Agreement between the EU and the UK will protect EU citizens who have been exercising free movement rights in the UK at the time of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, on 29 March 2019. This includes those who derive a right of residence from other instruments of EU law."

Zambrano-carer
Newly Registered

Post by Zambrano-carer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:39 pm

25 June 2018

Home Office publishes further details on post-Brexit settlement scheme for EU citizens

https://www.ein.org.uk/news/home-office ... u-citizens

"But the main concern relates to the draft immigration rules. Described as 'necessarily technical', the plan is to implement settled status largely through secondary legislation. This type of legislation does not require the involvement of parliament, and so can be changed very easily. EU citizens, our lives forever reliant on the mood of future governments and the Home Office."

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Zambrano-carer wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:59 pm
There is no guarantee there won't be a hard Brexit which means that the EU based Derivative Residence card will not be valid unless Parliament takes action.
As I understand it, changes to both the EEA Regulations and the Immigration Rules can be vetoed by Parliament, even if there is a hard Brexit. The Withdrawal Act leaves the Regulations in place; however, only a treaty will constrain amendments after Brexit. It is likely that Zambrano will be included in the Immigration Rules before it is realised that that a hard Brexit is certain.