ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunnyfarhad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 4 Student Visa - September 2018 Intake Timeline

Post by sunnyfarhad » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:43 am

sunnyfarhad wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:42 am
Online application: 11th July
Biometrics + Interview: 13th July
VFS SMS stating my application has been transferred to UKVI: 13 July
Email of receiving from Ukvi : 16th of july.
Visa centre: Lahore
will keep you updated on this.

sunnyfarhad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunnyfarhad » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am

yes bro sorry its july not june. corrected there as well. bdw no update since then

andreabcdef
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by andreabcdef » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:19 pm

BaruchChai wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 am
andreabcdef wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:29 pm
BaruchChai wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 am
samjeg wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Hello,
Applying from Dubai.

Priority application
Timeline:
29 June - online application submitted
3 July - Biometrics and handing in documents (( No interview, was told by VFS that I will receive a call (from them or ukvi not sure)in few days for an interview))
3 July - SMS from VFS that application and document was forwarded to UKVI

No contact whatsoever from UKVI regarding interview or application and today marks the 7th working day. I was told by VFS employee on 3rd of July that priority application from his experience that 95% are done in 5 working days.
What worries me is that they have my passport and family is planning to travel to the UK and Europe on the 1st of August for tourism, and I am afraid I won't make it. I have another citizenship but can't be used as its not Visa-free for UK and Schengen.
My question is, has there been instances were Visa is granted without Interview? and what are my chances of receiving my passport and visa before the first of August?
I am in a similar situation. I applied at the TLSContact center in Tel Aviv, and was expecting an interview. However, they just collected my documents and biometrics without any mention of an interview whatsoever. I applied priority, and they told me that I would hopefully have a decision within 5-10 working days.

Timeline (Priority Application):
Online application submission: 06 July
Document Submission & Biometrics (no interview): 10 July
TLSContact Says the documents have been transferred to UKVI: 11 July
TLSContact tracking shows the application was received by UKVI: 12 July
Email from Sheffield saying that my application has been received and is being prepared for consideration: 12 July

I suppose it is possible that they have chosen not to interview us? Or will we likely get invited in on a different date to sit for an interview?
Hi! Did you get your visa yet?

I am exactly in the same situation.
Priority application from Lima.

Online application submission: 01 July
Email from Sheffield saying that my application has been received and is being prepared for consideration: 12 July
Uni notification that my CAS is now marked as USED by Home Office: 16 July

No further news since then.

Let me know about any updates pls!!
I'm in the same situation at the moment. My uni told me that they used my CAS on July 16. On July 17, I called UKVI and they told me that a decision had been made, and that I now need to wait for my documents to be returned. I have received no email from UKVI confirming that a decision has been made, however, and the processing center's tracking does not show the decision as having been made yet, either.
Well, at least you know that a decision has been made. Let's hope for the best. I will call later today to see what is happening with mine. Will keep you posted. All best.

andreabcdef
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by andreabcdef » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:38 pm

BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:
samjeg wrote:
Hello,
Applying from Dubai.

Priority application
Timeline:
3 July - Biometrics and handing in documents (( No interview, was told by VFS that I will receive a call (from them or ukvi not sure)in few days for an interview))

No contact whatsoever from UKVI regarding interview or application and today marks the 7th working day. I was told by VFS employee on 3rd of July that priority application from his experience that 95% are done in 5 working days.
What worries me is that they have my passport and family is planning to travel to the UK and Europe on the 1st of August for tourism, and I am afraid I won't make it. I have another citizenship but can't be used as its not Visa-free for UK and Schengen.
My question is, has there been instances were Visa is granted without Interview? and what are my chances of receiving my passport and visa before the first of August?
I am in a similar situation. I applied at the TLSContact center in Tel Aviv, and was expecting an interview. However, they just collected my documents and biometrics without any mention of an interview whatsoever. I applied priority, and they told me that I would hopefully have a decision within 5-10 working days.

I suppose it is possible that they have chosen not to interview us? Or will we likely get invited in on a different date to sit for an interview?

I'm in the same situation at the moment. My uni told me that they used my CAS on July 16. On July 17, I called UKVI and they told me that a decision had been made, and that I now need to wait for my documents to be returned. I have received no email from UKVI confirming that a decision has been made, however, and the processing center's tracking does not show the decision as having been made yet, either.
Ok, so I called them and they also told me that it appears a decision has been made on my application a few days ago. No e-mail or anything with that news. Hopefully, we'll hear from them soon.

HogliWonld
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by HogliWonld » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

Online Application: June 25, 2018
Interview + Biometrics: July 18, 2018

I still haven't received an email/SMS stating it's been transferred from VFS to Home Office, is this because I didn't pay for priority? Granted, it's only been 24 hours but from the reading this thread - it seems 24 hours is all that's needed. I'm also unable to use my tracking number.

Also, does anyone have any experience with applying for the Tier 4 with their passport being damaged? Mine has an oil stain through the vertical side of every page, my photo and every word remains unaltered but you can definitely see the stain. I've never had an issue with mine and have recently travelled to the UK with the same amount of damage so it never occurred to me that it was a problem.

Applying from Canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:05 pm

HogliWonld wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm
Hi Everyone,

Online Application: June 25, 2018
Interview + Biometrics: July 18, 2018

I still haven't received an email/SMS stating it's been transferred from VFS to Home Office, is this because I didn't pay for priority? Granted, it's only been 24 hours but from the reading this thread - it seems 24 hours is all that's needed. I'm also unable to use my tracking number.

Also, does anyone have any experience with applying for the Tier 4 with their passport being damaged? Mine has an oil stain through the vertical side of every page, my photo and every word remains unaltered but you can definitely see the stain. I've never had an issue with mine and have recently travelled to the UK with the same amount of damage so it never occurred to me that it was a problem.

Applying from Canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
We're almost at the end of July so this might be the peak season for applications starting
As for the damaged passport, I think your answer is in your question

StanBrown
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by StanBrown » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:17 pm

BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:
samjeg wrote:
Hello,
Applying from Dubai.

Priority application
Timeline:

I am now in the same situation as well, as of 19th July...my university's CAS portal said that my CAS has been used.

There is also a portal where we have to scan the VISA if we get it, and it was locked before. Now it is unlocked and says that you have to scan and upload the sticker here. I don't get it, does this mean by application has been processed? The same university portal also says that if it was unsuccessful, you will be sent an email with the reasons. I haven't received any... I am so worried now.

StanBrown
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by StanBrown » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Alhamdullilah, I got my visa today. I submitted documents last Thursday and got the text today; thanks all. It only took 5 working days for mine to come.

andreabcdef
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by andreabcdef » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 pm

BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:
samjeg wrote:
Hello,
Applying from Dubai.

Priority application
Timeline:

I got an email yesterday saying that my passport is ready for pickup. I will pick it up Monday, since VSF is closed today. Fingers crossed that it has the right stamp.

My overall timeline was as follows (Priority Application):

Uni notified CAS has been used: 16 July
Called UKVI and was told that a decision has been made: 19 July (morning)
E-mail from VFS saying passport is ready for collection: 19 July (evening)

No email or communication from UKVI or VFS about ECO being assigned or decision being made.

Good luck everyone!

StanBrown
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by StanBrown » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:53 pm

andreabcdef wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 pm
BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:

I got an email yesterday saying that my passport is ready for pickup. I will pick it up Monday, since VSF is closed today. Fingers crossed that it has the right stamp.

No email or communication from UKVI or VFS about ECO being assigned or decision being made.

Good luck everyone!
Stay positive, I think you got it. Most rejected people are sent emails...

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:31 pm

StanBrown wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:56 pm
Alhamdullilah, I got my visa today. I submitted documents last Thursday and got the text today; thanks all. It only took 5 working days for mine to come.
Congratulations bro!!

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:38 pm

andreabcdef wrote:

Good luck everyone!
Good luck, we're waiting for the good news :)

yoyogroup
India

Post by yoyogroup » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:59 am

Hi All,

I am planning to take up biometric on Aug 6th. While i choose the appointment date, I can see only "Prime time appointment". This is the case from Aug 3rd till Aug 16th. Any new dates getting opened have Prime time appointment only.

Will the normal time appointment be opened later or not?

Thanks

BaruchChai
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by BaruchChai » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 am

andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:

Good luck everyone!
I wish you the best of luck! My papers are also supposed to arrive on Monday (they only do passport return via courier here). I will post an update. Good luck!

ILoveMyDogs
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ILoveMyDogs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am

BaruchChai wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 am
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:

Good luck everyone!
I wish you the best of luck! My papers are also supposed to arrive on Monday (they only do passport return via courier here). I will post an update. Good luck!
Just got my visa today, BH. :) I wasn't ever interviewed and wasn't contacted by UKVI except for the "ECO is preparing your documents" email. Good luck everyone!

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:04 pm

ILoveMyDogs wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am
BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:

Good luck everyone!
Just got my visa today, BH. :) I wasn't ever interviewed and wasn't contacted by UKVI except for the "ECO is preparing your documents" email. Good luck everyone!
CONGRATULATIONS
Care to share your timeline?

eth
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by eth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:56 am

Hi everyone. I received my passport with the entry clearance sticker today. Just wanted to share my timeline and experience.

Online application: 17th June
Biometrics & Interview: 28th June
Automated email: 1st July (mentioned that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by ECO)
Call from VFS to collect passport: 17th July
Received the passport: 23rd July

The letter enclosed with the passport mentions a visa grant date of 10th July.

My application was eligible for the Tier 4 Pilot Scheme. But my checklist indicated that I had to submit my certificates. Prior to my appointment at VFS, I contacted the university and they contacted UKVI on behalf of me and told me that this was an error on the UKVI side and I should not submit my certificates. So I submitted only my passport at VFS. My interview was rather long. I was asked more than the standard questions. In case anyone wants to know, these were things I was asked in addition to the usual why did you choose this course/UK and so on.

- Where do you plan to stay in UK? (xxxx)
- How will you get from your accommodation to the university? (I completely forgot the station names but I gave instructions on how to get from the accommodation to the university)
- Do you have any friends or family living in UK? (No)
- How much is the accommodation? (GBP xxxx)
- Have you paid for the accommodation? (I said no because its due sometime in August, but I have placed a deposit to secure the room)
- Does your bank account have the funds required to pay for the accommodation? (yes)
- What is the source of the funds in the bank account? (I replied to this saying that my parents run their own business and they also earn rental income. This prompted the next question)
- How much is the income per month? (I gave a rough figure of the rental income and said that I really don't know the business income)
- How many people are dependent on the income? Any siblings?
- What are your plans after this course? (I mentioned that I will proceed to do a PhD)
- What is the area in which you want to do your PhD?
- What type of salary do you expect you can earn after completing your studies? (This was one of the questions I couldn't really answer because I wasn't prepared for this. So I asked whether the interviewer meant after my Masters or my PhD because I mentioned that I plan to immediately begin my PhD after completing my Masters. The interviewer said that a rough estimate is fine since there's still quite a long gap. I panicked and said GBP 3000 per month. Which obviously is way too high but the interviewer kept on saying any amount is fine, just a rough estimate will do)
- What was the last course that you completed?
- What have you been doing since you completed the course? (I completed my last course in Dec 2017 and spent quite some time with the university application and waiting for the offer from the university. Other than that I mentioned that I have been reading up on relevant material for the course)

What I have learnt from the entire application process is:
1. Contact the International Student Services of your university if you have any doubts. They will be more helpful as they have experience in dealing with this and can offer better advice.
2. This forum is useful to see the timelines, patterns and also get reassurance from others in a somewhat similar situation as you.

I hope everyone waiting for their visas get a positive response soon!

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by mcchances » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 am

Here's my Timeline

-Application submitted online (10 July)
-Biometrics and Interview (Friday 13th July)
-Received By UKVI (Monday 16th July)
-Preparation email received from Sheffield (16th July)
-TLSContact email that visa processing is complete (Friday 20th July)
-TLSContact email that passport ready for collection (Friday 20th July)
-Passport collected with Tier 4 Entry Clearance sticker (Monday 23rd July)

Advice: Use the Immigration advisers at your university. They provide excellent reliable specialist advise at no cost at all.

SEE YOU ALL IN THE ROYAL UNITED KINGDOM!!

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:17 pm

eth wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:56 am
Hi everyone. I received my passport with the entry clearance sticker today. Just wanted to share my timeline and experience.

Online application: 17th June
Biometrics & Interview: 28th June
Automated email: 1st July (mentioned that my application is currently being prepared for consideration by ECO)
Call from VFS to collect passport: 17th July
Received the passport: 23rd July

The letter enclosed with the passport mentions a visa grant date of 10th July.

My application was eligible for the Tier 4 Pilot Scheme. But my checklist indicated that I had to submit my certificates. Prior to my appointment at VFS, I contacted the university and they contacted UKVI on behalf of me and told me that this was an error on the UKVI side and I should not submit my certificates. So I submitted only my passport at VFS. My interview was rather long. I was asked more than the standard questions. In case anyone wants to know, these were things I was asked in addition to the usual why did you choose this course/UK and so on.

- Where do you plan to stay in UK? (xxxx)
- How will you get from your accommodation to the university? (I completely forgot the station names but I gave instructions on how to get from the accommodation to the university)
- Do you have any friends or family living in UK? (No)
- How much is the accommodation? (GBP xxxx)
- Have you paid for the accommodation? (I said no because its due sometime in August, but I have placed a deposit to secure the room)
- Does your bank account have the funds required to pay for the accommodation? (yes)
- What is the source of the funds in the bank account? (I replied to this saying that my parents run their own business and they also earn rental income. This prompted the next question)
- How much is the income per month? (I gave a rough figure of the rental income and said that I really don't know the business income)
- How many people are dependent on the income? Any siblings?
- What are your plans after this course? (I mentioned that I will proceed to do a PhD)
- What is the area in which you want to do your PhD?
- What type of salary do you expect you can earn after completing your studies? (This was one of the questions I couldn't really answer because I wasn't prepared for this. So I asked whether the interviewer meant after my Masters or my PhD because I mentioned that I plan to immediately begin my PhD after completing my Masters. The interviewer said that a rough estimate is fine since there's still quite a long gap. I panicked and said GBP 3000 per month. Which obviously is way too high but the interviewer kept on saying any amount is fine, just a rough estimate will do)
- What was the last course that you completed?
- What have you been doing since you completed the course? (I completed my last course in Dec 2017 and spent quite some time with the university application and waiting for the offer from the university. Other than that I mentioned that I have been reading up on relevant material for the course)

What I have learnt from the entire application process is:
1. Contact the International Student Services of your university if you have any doubts. They will be more helpful as they have experience in dealing with this and can offer better advice.
2. This forum is useful to see the timelines, patterns and also get reassurance from others in a somewhat similar situation as you.

I hope everyone waiting for their visas get a positive response soon!
CONGRATULATIONS
omg that was a tough interview! Thanks for your insightful post I'm sure it'll help others reading us.
Yes, you're right getting advice from your uni is the best and it is totally free

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Post by wikki » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:20 pm

mcchances wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 am
Here's my Timeline

Advice: Use the Immigration advisers at your university. They provide excellent reliable specialist advise at no cost at all.

SEE YOU ALL IN THE ROYAL UNITED KINGDOM!!
CONGRATS bro
did you use priority service? cause that was pretty fast!
see u in the UK!

sunnyfarhad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sunnyfarhad » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:57 am

[quote=mcchances post_id=1661188 time=1532339821 user_id=197894]
Here's my Timeline

same timeline except i didn't receive anything after the Preparation email on 16th july. still waiting (fingers crossed)

Lahore.

andreabcdef
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by andreabcdef » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:27 pm

BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:
BaruchChai wrote:
andreabcdef wrote:

Good luck everyone!
Also picked up my passport yesterday with the Entry Clearance sticker :)

Ghboy
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghboy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:13 am

wikki wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:54 am
Nikoletta12 wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:06 am

Hi wiki,
What did they ask you in interview ki have mine on Monday bio metrics on Monday and pls also mention which course did u apply and what type of questions they asked u.
Hi, Nikoletta
The interview was pretty simple, just relax and make sure you have thought about the answers beforehand.
I was asked the following questions:
1. Can you confirm your identity by saying your name, date, and place of birth?
2. Why did you apply for this course?
3. Why did you choose that University and that city?
4. Why did you choose the UK?
5. What will you do after you graduate from this course?
6. How would this degree help you to achieve what you'll do after this course?

Pls can you give me a gist about how your answered question( 3). Why chose the university? Did u compare?

Ghboy
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghboy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:15 am

When asked, why you choose the university, will you compare it to other universities?

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by mcchances » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:43 am

Ghboy wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:15 am
When asked, why you choose the university, will you compare it to other universities?
Compare it to other institutions you have considered during your search for universities. Your reasons for choosing your university should be something that is unique and not shared by other universities. Some very specific and not general so that the UKVI knows you did a thorough research and that you are a genuine student with good academic intentions.