ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Valid B2 US visa on Polish passport vs ESTA

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

angecza
Newly Registered
Poland

Valid B2 US visa on Polish passport vs ESTA

Post by angecza » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:48 pm

Hello All,

I am travelling to US in October 2018 . I have a B2 visa ( valid until 2025) on my Polish passport, which will expiry in January 2019, which by the time I arrive in US , there will be only 3 months left on it , and I am sure they will not even let me board the plane with it.
I have now British Passport which I would like to use instead for this journey and I understand I will need apply for ESTA.
My question is , can I apply for ESTA , even though I have valid B2 visa on different passport under the same name , or do I should apply for a new Polish passport?

Please help.

Ange

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Valid B2 US visa on Polish passport vs ESTA

Post by max307 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:49 pm

If the purpose of your travel to the US is a short holidays they will let you board the plane with that B2 visa on your Polish passport and you will be allowed to enter the US normally.

If you prefer to enter the US on your UK passport then simply apply for an ESTA and you will be fine as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.