ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NDRS Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Plzilr

NDRS Question

Post by Plzilr » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi All

I am having problem in answering question of "have you ever made any immigration application before? Now do i need to give them my all previous application details? Because the question keep asking unless you say no and i am able to go on next question

Question is how many previous application i need to mention them ? As i can't remember now all details.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NDRS Question

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:52 am

All applications. If you remember month/year it should be fine.

If you cannot remember, you might need to ask for a subject access request to get the information.

You cannot say "no" as that would be lying.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:16 am

I have the same problem
I have about 9 previous applications - I don't remember the case numbers or dates for any of them..
The online form goes on and on... it's really stupid when you think about this from database perspective.
If I give them my passport number, they should already be able to see all previous applications..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:28 am

It is the applicants responsibility to complete ALL the information asked for in the form. It is not HO's responsibility to run around to get it. They want to make sure that what you state is true and correct and not false based on information they hold about you.

Is the form specifically asking for case ref numbers?? Likely only asking for visa, start and end dates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:28 am
It is the applicants responsibility to complete ALL the information asked for in the form. It is not HO's responsibility to run around to get it. They want to make sure that what you state is true and correct and not false based on information they hold about you.

Is the form specifically asking for case ref numbers?? Likely only asking for visa, start and end dates.
It asks for case ref, date of application, date when fingerprints taken etc...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:24 am

tier2genmisery wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am
CR001 wrote:

Please note that most of us don't have access to the online form at all and have never seen it either. Unless you post the full question, we can only guess and look at the paper form, which has differences. There is a question about last biometrics done, but this is different as far as I understand from the immigration applications in the past question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:24 am
tier2genmisery wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am
CR001 wrote:

Please note that most of us don't have access to the online form at all and have never seen it either. Unless you post the full question, we can only guess and look at the paper form, which has differences. There is a question about last biometrics done, but this is different as far as I understand from the immigration applications in the past question.
The online form also asks about the purpose of each travel abroad in the past 5 years. That's another annoying difference..

epi

Post by epi » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 am

Online application requests dates and case number for previous applications indeed, but this information is not compulsory and you can leave it blank. However, I would suggest to request your immigration history from HO if you are missing a lot of details.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:50 am

epi wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 am
Online application requests dates and case number for previous applications indeed, but this information is not compulsory and you can leave it blank. However, I would suggest to request your immigration history from HO if you are missing a lot of details.
Exactly my point
They are asking for things they know already..

Plzilr

Post by Plzilr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:47 pm

i am not sure as when i see the Paper application form there is no such question at all above previous application history. But in the online they are asking this question continuously

"Have you had made any previous immigration application"

unless you say no then you can go to next question otherwise you complete the details and again question pops again now it doesn't even say how many you can enter if i have 12 applications in past so i can't put in all . So i believe papaer base application form is way better in terms of simplicity.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Plzilr wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:47 pm
i am not sure as when i see the Paper application form there is no such question at all above previous application history. But in the online they are asking this question continuously

"Have you had made any previous immigration application"

unless you say no then you can go to next question otherwise you complete the details and again question pops again now it doesn't even say how many you can enter if i have 12 applications in past so i can't put in all . So i believe papaer base application form is way better in terms of simplicity.
completely agree
it is impossible for me to provide all that detail and avoid accidentally lying to HO without a formal information request which slows things down massively and adds another unnecessary level of complexity
It is basically me sending an application to them, to get data that only they have about me only to give it back to them...

angel25
Sri Lanka

Post by angel25 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:18 am

Just to let you know when I applied i only metioned last two applications I made not all of them. Same with employment history only mentioned last 6 years as I couldn't remember the exact dates.
Still got approved!!