ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permanent residence application - Absences from the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

warfo09
Newly Registered

EEA permanent residence application - Absences from the UK

Post by warfo09 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi, I have a question on EEA permanent residence application.

Section 5 - Residence in the UK and previous EEA documentation:
5.3 Have you (or has your sponsor, if applicable) had any absences from the UK since you/they entered? If yes, please give details in the tables below.

How I read it is that I need to list any absences from the UK during the last 5 years, including travel, holidays, etc. Searching this forum that seems to be the consensus too.

However, reading the accompanying Guidance Notes (separate document, EEA(PR): guidance notes – v3.0 – April 2017) this is what is said on page 8:

Absences from the UK
Please note, you only need to list your absences where you have been out of the UK for more than 6 months in total in any 12 month period. You do not need to list any absences that were before your qualifying period of residence

Can someone please confirm if this is indeed the case, i.e. I should only list any absences of more than 6 months?

Thanks

Watandar
Netherlands

Re: EEA permanent residence application - Absences from the UK

Post by Watandar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:44 pm

I was wondering the same. Can you please tell me what you did? Did you mention your absence even if it was less than 6 months?

Watandar
Netherlands

Re: EEA permanent residence application - Absences from the UK

Post by Watandar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:37 am

warfo09 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 pm
Hi, I have a question on EEA permanent residence application.

Section 5 - Residence in the UK and previous EEA documentation:
5.3 Have you (or has your sponsor, if applicable) had any absences from the UK since you/they entered? If yes, please give details in the tables below.

How I read it is that I need to list any absences from the UK during the last 5 years, including travel, holidays, etc. Searching this forum that seems to be the consensus too.

However, reading the accompanying Guidance Notes (separate document, EEA(PR): guidance notes – v3.0 – April 2017) this is what is said on page 8:

Absences from the UK
Please note, you only need to list your absences where you have been out of the UK for more than 6 months in total in any 12 month period. You do not need to list any absences that were before your qualifying period of residence

Can someone please confirm if this is indeed the case, i.e. I should only list any absences of more than 6 months?

Thanks
Dear members,

Does anyone have an answer to above question?

Thank you.