ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling out of the country after citizenship ceremony

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

archies
Newly Registered

Travelling out of the country after citizenship ceremony

Post by archies » Fri May 09, 2008 9:08 am

I am an Indian national on an Indian Passport. Recently I have applied for Citizenship and attended the ceremony where I was given the naturalisation certificate. I haven't yet applied for British Passport. Can I travel to France on my Indian passport which has ILR stamp in it. I have to travel in the next couple of weeks. Will there be any problems.

I appreciate any help from you regarding this query.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 am

You are no longer an Indian citizen so your Indian passport is invalid.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:29 am

JAJ wrote:You are no longer an Indian citizen so your Indian passport is invalid.
Would though the British or French immigration actually know that the passport is invalid?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri May 09, 2008 1:16 pm

djb123 wrote:
JAJ wrote:You are no longer an Indian citizen so your Indian passport is invalid.
Would though the British or French immigration actually know that the passport is invalid?
No they won`t (I`m speaking from experience..recently travelled abroad after the ceremony on my Indian passport and did not have any problems leaving/entering the country)

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling out of the country after citizenship ceremony

Post by thirdwave » Fri May 09, 2008 1:17 pm

archies wrote:I am an Indian national on an Indian Passport. Recently I have applied for Citizenship and attended the ceremony where I was given the naturalisation certificate. I haven't yet applied for British Passport. Can I travel to France on my Indian passport which has ILR stamp in it. I have to travel in the next couple of weeks. Will there be any problems.

Go for it..I think the HO wouldn`t know about your naturalisation until you are actually issued a passport..

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri May 09, 2008 4:24 pm

thirdwave wrote:
archies wrote:I am an Indian national on an Indian Passport. Recently I have applied for Citizenship and attended the ceremony where I was given the naturalisation certificate. I haven't yet applied for British Passport. Can I travel to France on my Indian passport which has ILR stamp in it. I have to travel in the next couple of weeks. Will there be any problems.

Go for it..I think the HO wouldn`t know about your naturalisation until you are actually issued a passport..
This is assuming you have a Schengen visa and you aren't going to try to use your naturalisation certificate to prove you are British and have a right to travel to France.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 11, 2008 12:36 am

thirdwave wrote:

As the Home Office issue the certificate and it is logged directly onto your immigration computer record they most certainly do know about your naturalisation......