ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Visa type

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gaganseth
Newly Registered
India

Switching Visa type

Post by gaganseth » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 pm

Hello ,

I am on Tier 2 ICT visa came to UK on Jan'17 . I have series of questions and think have answers but need confirmation .

1) My wife is with me in UK as tier 2 ICT dependant (not working in UK yet ) . Is she eligible to work on current visa status . I think answer is yes until I have valid visa and COS.
2) once she get a job in UK on current visa ,can her employer sponsor her tier 2 general visa . I think yes and she need to apply from India (home country) and no cool off period is applied .
3 ) Can I switch to tier 2 general dependant visa . I think I need to go to India and apply and don't have to serve cooling off period.
4) once I get dependant visa can I change job immediately ? I have visa from my company from India and working for my client in london. They are ready to hire me directly. So can I work for them on tier 2 general dependant?

Thanks and apologies for repetitive questions .

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Visa type

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:59 pm

1. Yes she is free to work except as a Dentist or Dr in training.

2. Yes, if she meets the requirements and the full RLMT is processed. She will have to apply from home country. Cooling off period is NOT applicable to PBS Dependents.

3. Yes. You can switch within the UK as long as you do so before your current visa expires.

4. Yes. You are free to work for anyone if you hold a Tier 2 dependent visa. You will however have to inform your sponsor that your visa has changed and provide your right to work documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gaganseth
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switching Visa type

Post by gaganseth » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Thank you :D