ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in tier 4 (applying outside UK) ! And no interview was carried out

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mawi88

Delay in tier 4 (applying outside UK) ! And no interview was carried out

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 pm

Dear all,

My brother has applied for a tier 4 visa outside uk on the 7th of July and when he showed up in the visa centre apparently there were no staff availiable to carry out an interview with him as part of his tier 4 application.The visa centre staff told him that the embassy will call him up to schedule an interview. However, he never heard anything from the embassy or the visa centre. We called up the visa centre and enquiried about the situation and they told us that UKVI may choose not to carry out the interview ! However from what we have heared from other people; the interview is almost a compulsory thing when apply from outside the Uk.

Almost 15 working days have now passed and he still didnt hear anything from UKVI ! Is this a bad sign ? Would it be possible that his application has been forgotten about because of the interview issue ? I dont mean to sound so silly, but we are very nervious about this and i would really appreciate it if you share your opinions on this matter.

Ps. Other people we know have applied after him and already got their visas.

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Delay in tier 4 (applying outside UK) ! And no interview was carried out

Post by mcchances » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 am

He should contact his University's International student adviser. They are able to contact the Home Office on his behalf. Each University has an Immigration representative at the Decision Making Center. .. At least my university has one!!

vchoe
Newly Registered
Belize

Post by vchoe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:25 pm

Mawi88 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 pm
Dear all,

My brother has applied for a tier 4 visa outside uk on the 7th of July and when he showed up in the visa centre apparently there were no staff availiable to carry out an interview with him as part of his tier 4 application.The visa centre staff told him that the embassy will call him up to schedule an interview. However, he never heard anything from the embassy or the visa centre. We called up the visa centre and enquiried about the situation and they told us that UKVI may choose not to carry out the interview ! However from what we have heared from other people; the interview is almost a compulsory thing when apply from outside the Uk.

Almost 15 working days have now passed and he still didnt hear anything from UKVI ! Is this a bad sign ? Would it be possible that his application has been forgotten about because of the interview issue ? I dont mean to sound so silly, but we are very nervious about this and i would really appreciate it if you share your opinions on this matter.

Ps. Other people we know have applied after him and already got their visas.
Hi! I also applied for a Tier 4 Visa outside of the UK. I was not interviewed at my Visa Application Center nor did I receive any communications from UKVI. Have you received any updates on your brother's application?

Mawi88

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:56 am

Thankfully his application was approved ! And they didnt ask him to do the interview.