ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irf_bar

Re: i got bad news

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi hsmpinuk70:-
could guide more in this regard as im planning to apply again may be after this months.

what documents do i need to show for my previous earning? as im showing my earning from india. if you could advice me w. r. to indian earnings.

Regards,
IRf
hsmpinuk70 wrote:Sorry to hear the bad news, but you have only yourself to blame for this outcome.

Had you read the guidance notes carefully beforehand, you would have known that tax returns can rarely be used - only if the 12 month window you are using to claim your earning corresponds (exactly) with the assessment year for income tax calculations.

Read the ending para here: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... xdocument/ or read the ending part under para 110 point 4 of the guidance notes.

regards
irf_bar wrote:I got bad news to share. HO refuse my application on the basis of previous earning.

I claim 30 points from my previous earning based in India.
they said me the silly reason that the tax date are not covering employement date. as in India the tax year starts on April- march and my employement start at Dec. But i shown them ever thing clear and mention in covering letter as well.

All the best for who are waiting for the results.

Regards,
Irf

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Fri May 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Irf - I don’t see the reason why your application was refused. Do you have an option of appeal? Why don’t you call up home office and ask for the reason if not stated clearly on the letter, that what was missing.

I submitted letter from employer, pay slips and bank statements that’s it for earnings and I got the points.

abhishekagrawal79

Re: hi guys,

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Fri May 09, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi Irf_bar,

sorry to hear about the news. As far as my knowledge goes, you need 2 documents from 2 different sources for the entire earnings you are claiming for. You provided salary slips and employer letter which are from same source. So they required another document which was in your case was the tax paper, but it didn't covered the entire earnings.

So if you provide salary slip and bank statements for the entire period, it should suffice because it will be from two different sources.

Abhishek
irf_bar wrote:Guys i need yours suggestions.
Im thinking to apply for the new application.

Just wondering what document do i need to show for the previous earnings?
As in my previous application i send 12 months pay slip, employer letter, two years tax. But this document is not sufficient thats why my application is been refuse. i have got my bank statement as well. so is this work for me.

And what more document shell i add to make my case strong.

Needs urs suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Irf.

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Fri May 09, 2008 4:42 pm

hi Irf,
was that your tax papers coverings the entire period of 12 months..becz you sais that was 2 years tax papers..if thats so why dont you reappeal..
regards,shiva

As in my previous application i send 12 months pay slip, employer letter, two years tax. But this document is not sufficient thats why my application is been refuse. i have got my bank statement as well. so is this work for me.

Regards,
Irf.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 09, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks for reply soon.
Yes Agarwal you are rite.

is their any chances for me to reapply for newapplication with my bank statments.

If i do so, what do u think it waits my application.
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:Hi Irf_bar,

sorry to hear about the news. As far as my knowledge goes, you need 2 documents from 2 different sources for the entire earnings you are claiming for. You provided salary slips and employer letter which are from same source. So they required another document which was in your case was the tax paper, but it didn't covered the entire earnings.

So if you provide salary slip and bank statements for the entire period, it should suffice because it will be from two different sources.

Abhishek

Regards,
Irf.

shachit
Newly Registered

Post by shachit » Fri May 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Hello Irf,
I guess the problem with the Tax papers would have been to ascertain the net amount for the given period. Actually the case worker might expect to see the net amount to be stated either per month (or) summed amount of a year. I think in your case the problem would have been that it has to be derived from two tax year statments, which is kind of tough to convince the case worker. Neverthless I think you may stand a chance if you appeal. Also you said that you have bank statements, I am wondering why you didnt show the bank statements as a proof. If you had shown them as additional evidence, then do mention that in your appeal.

Cheers,
Shachit
irf_bar wrote:Hi hsmpinuk70:-
could guide more in this regard as im planning to apply again may be after this months.

what documents do i need to show for my previous earning? as im showing my earning from india. if you could advice me w. r. to indian earnings.

Regards,
IRf
hsmpinuk70 wrote:Sorry to hear the bad news, but you have only yourself to blame for this outcome.

Had you read the guidance notes carefully beforehand, you would have known that tax returns can rarely be used - only if the 12 month window you are using to claim your earning corresponds (exactly) with the assessment year for income tax calculations.

Read the ending para here: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... xdocument/ or read the ending part under para 110 point 4 of the guidance notes.

regards
irf_bar wrote:I got bad news to share. HO refuse my application on the basis of previous earning.

they said me the silly reason that the tax date are not covering employement date. as in India the tax year starts on April- march and my employement start at Dec. But i shown them ever thing clear and mention in covering letter as well.

Regards,
Irf

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi shiva,
you are rite the tax period cover two years. as i start my employement on dec 03 in india and finished at jan05. so i got the tax return from arp03- march04 and apr04 to march05. so thas cover all my employement. but as said by agarawal that pay slip and tax are the same source format. (thats one of my refusal reasons)

and about appeal i do have my work permit exp at 2013. so as my current visa is valid im not eligble for appealing.

regards,
Irf

shivaa wrote:hi Irf,
was that your tax papers coverings the entire period of 12 months..becz you sais that was 2 years tax papers..if thats so why dont you reappeal..
regards,shiva

Regards,
Irf.

irf_bar

Post by irf_bar » Fri May 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Thanks for replying.
when i applied i thought that my documents are sufficient enough to claim the point .

Regards,
Irf
shachit wrote:Hello Irf,
I guess the problem with the Tax papers would have been to ascertain the net amount for the given period. Actually the case worker might expect to see the net amount to be stated either per month (or) summed amount of a year. I think in your case the problem would have been that it has to be derived from two tax year statments, which is kind of tough to convince the case worker. Neverthless I think you may stand a chance if you appeal. Also you said that you have bank statements, I am wondering why you didnt show the bank statements as a proof. If you had shown them as additional evidence, then do mention that in your appeal.

Cheers,
Shachit
irf_bar wrote:Hi hsmpinuk70:-

Regards,
IRf

regards

Regards,
Irf

sankar

Post by sankar » Fri May 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Irf,
I agree with Agrawal. You show 12 months salary slips and bank statements. It will be enough. Try again, don't give up. You will succeed this time.

~ sankar

skris
Newly Registered

Docs for earnings

Post by skris » Fri May 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Irf,

Sorry to hear about the refusal. You need to be very careful when sending the docs & you could've always posed the question to forum members before applying.

For earnings, the best documents are salary slips in company letter head and corresponding bank statements (original in bank paper) that clearly shows for each month the credit for the net salary in the payslip.

In my cover letter, i had put in a table that showed

Pay date/Gross pay / Net pay/Credit date in bank/credit amount/Payment ref

in which one could cross reference the net salary and credit amount as well as the payment reference showing my company name.

Better luck next time!

sankar wrote:Hi Irf,
I agree with Agrawal. You show 12 months salary slips and bank statements. It will be enough. Try again, don't give up. You will succeed this time.

~ sankar

shivaa

Post by shivaa » Fri May 09, 2008 7:23 pm

Hi Irf,
As you told that you summited indian returns (upto march 05),but you have to send not more than 15 months from the time of application.I think thats the reason they rejected yours.Please clarify what did you send..
Regards,
Shiva
irf_bar wrote:Hi shiva,
you are rite the tax period cover two years. as i start my employement on dec 03 in india and finished at jan05. so i got the tax return from arp03- march04 and apr04 to march05. so thas cover all my employement. but as said by agarawal that pay slip and tax are the same source format. (thats one of my refusal reasons)

and about appeal i do have my work permit exp at 2013. so as my current visa is valid im not eligble for appealing.

regards,
Irf

shivaa wrote:hi Irf,
regards,shiva

Regards,
Irf.

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Fri May 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Rashmp, could you please give me the link of "Tier1 Policy guide Point no:72".

Thanks.

rahsmp

Post by rahsmp » Fri May 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system - policy guidance is the document in the link http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... /applying/

Following the text in the document

72. Applicants may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12
months.

-Ra
tieronevisa wrote:Hi All,

Rashmp, could you please give me the link of "Tier1 Policy guide Point no:72".

Thanks.

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by tieronevisa » Fri May 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Hi Rahsmp,

Another question from all of you:

Can i and my dependant show the maintainance fund from a joint account?

Thanks.

abhishekagrawal79

Re: Thanks

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Yes , you can.

Abhishek
tieronevisa wrote:Hi Rahsmp,

Thanks.

rahsmp

Re: Thanks

Post by rahsmp » Fri May 09, 2008 10:50 pm

yes you can
Please refer http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/

Text is 'funds held in a joint bank account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application; '

-Ra
tieronevisa wrote:Hi Rahsmp,

Thanks.

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Fri May 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Thanks a lot guys.

You guys are doing great job by helping us.

One more query (i asked this question earlier as well)

Can i show my earnings in a joint account.
Actually i receive my salary in a joint account only.

If possible, please provide some BIA HOME OFFICE link stating the rules in this regards.

Thanks.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:39 pm

Given in the Tier 1 guidance - Please note that whilst tax documents are included in the list of acceptable documentation, they will rarely be of use. This is because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period and will therefore not show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they exactly mirror the period claimed. Applicants should therefore be cautious about using such documentation unless they are satisfi ed that that it details the exact amount of earnings for which they are claiming points.

regards

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Sat May 10, 2008 12:53 am

I am not too sure on this. But as far as I know they havn't mentioned anything about the joint status of the account in which salary is credited. I beleive as far as you are submitting documents from 2 sources, it should be ok. But still I would suggest that you call home office and confirm.

Abhishek
tieronevisa wrote:Thanks a lot guys.

If possible, please provide some BIA HOME OFFICE link stating the rules in this regards.

Thanks.

sankar

Post by sankar » Sat May 10, 2008 8:16 am

Hi tieronevisa,
That doesn't matter if you receive your salary in a joint account. Even my case is similar. Anyways, I am in waiting state. :?: But some of my friends got their visa without problems. As per theory, its not important whether its a joint account or not. Rather if you receive your exact amount of salry claimed from your employer or not. They just need to verify your salary which should come to your account, not anything else.

Let me know what you think? else you can wait for 1 or 2 weeks or more till i get my visa.

~ sankar
abhishekagrawal79 wrote:I am not too sure on this. But as far as I know they havn't mentioned anything about the joint status of the account in which salary is credited. I beleive as far as you are submitting documents from 2 sources, it should be ok. But still I would suggest that you call home office and confirm.

Abhishek
tieronevisa wrote:Thanks a lot guys.

Thanks.

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Sat May 10, 2008 8:38 am

Thanks Sankar,

I will certainly wait for your result. I am sure this will not be a problem.

Well, it may sound very silly, but can u tell me as how did you packaged your
Application form. I mean is it allowed to pin them or put them in folders?

What is the exact way of attaching proofs?

Thanks.

aamirmalik

Re: technical

Post by aamirmalik » Sat May 10, 2008 6:28 pm

aamirmalik wrote:dear friends i have few questions as i am about to apply for tier 1 general

I am a student in UK and studying here for 3 years
after the first year i changed my course and there was a gap of 3 months.
will it affect my application?

i came here on 13 january 2005.
i am submitting 12 payslips which i worked in a company before coming to uk. Tax year in pakistan ends in June. ( JULY TO JUNE)
i am submitting payslips from Jan04 to Dec04
i have a tax statement from july03 to june04 which covers 6 months (jan04 to june04 for which i am supplying the payslips) and then i have tax challans with tax office stamps which shows i have paid tax.
Will homeoffice accept my tax statement and tax challans with payslips
and will they consider it 2 evidences...

kindly advice me
THANK U

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Sat May 10, 2008 6:29 pm

can anyone answer my questions please. anyone applying under tier 1 general or have applied from UK please contact me. my email is aamir421@hotmail.com

thanks

sankar

Re: technical

Post by sankar » Sat May 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Hi aamirmalik,
You can claim points for previous earnings for continuous 12 months within recent 15 months period from the day you will apply for tier-1 General.

I would suggest you to view the Home Office web site and read the document which explains what kind of evidence HO expects from each applicant.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

~ sankar
aamirmalik wrote:
aamirmalik wrote:dear friends i have few questions as i am about to apply for tier 1 general

I am a student in UK and studying here for 3 years
after the first year i changed my course and there was a gap of 3 months.
will it affect my application?

i came here on 13 january 2005.
i am submitting 12 payslips which i worked in a company before coming to uk. Tax year in pakistan ends in June. ( JULY TO JUNE)
i am submitting payslips from Jan04 to Dec04
i have a tax statement from july03 to june04 which covers 6 months (jan04 to june04 for which i am supplying the payslips) and then i have tax challans with tax office stamps which shows i have paid tax.
Will homeoffice accept my tax statement and tax challans with payslips
and will they consider it 2 evidences...

kindly advice me
THANK U

vipul1981

tier1 application

Post by vipul1981 » Sat May 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Vipul 1981
============
Date Applied: 6th May 2008
Ref No: PB30**01****/***
Date Recd: 10th May 2008. (its dates 7th may)
Decision: AWAITED
Documents Recd: AWAITED