ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit VISA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arturs
Newly Registered
Latvia

EEA family permit VISA

Post by arturs » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:19 am

Hello, i held the passport from Latvia and live in England 6 years, my wife from Thailand and we've been married at 5 of july 2018. We would like apply for EEA family permit VISA. Can anybody tell me please whats the documents i have to sent for her and whats document shes need for apply for VISA.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA family permit VISA

Post by dan1988uk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:49 am

arturs wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:19 am
Hello, i held the passport from Latvia and live in England 6 years, my wife from Thailand and we've been married at 5 of july 2018. We would like apply for EEA family permit VISA. Can anybody tell me please whats the documents i have to sent for her and whats document shes need for apply for VISA.
Her original passport, your original passport or ID or a CERTIFIED copy of it, original certificate of marriage with English translation if not already in English, your payslips and bank statements, a lot of pictures of both of you and families and better attaching also tenancy agreement and bills to show them where you live.

arturs
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by arturs » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Do her need the THB test?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:22 pm

arturs wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:28 pm
Do her need the THB test?
I believe not.

The documentation will be simpler if you already have a DCPR - you won't need any further evidence that you are a 'qualified person' or permanent resident. If you don't have a DCPR, it will be easier just to prove that you are a qualified person.

arturs
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by arturs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:32 am

And 1 more question if we are print out the application and find the 1 mistake ( arranged marriage) can we cross it off by pen and write the "No"???

kuisere
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by kuisere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi Arturs, we are in the same situation as I married my Thai husband in June 2018 and he just applied for the EEA permit.
The VFS in Bangkok recommended him to take the TBH test, because it's needed when you intend to stay in the country for more than 6 months. Of course the permit is valid for 6 months, but they might ask her later on if she applies for the residence permit.

Since you just got married it's important to show that you've been living together for at least 2 years (tenancy agreements, bills, shared bank accounts..) or that you've been in a long distance relationship for that long (chats, calls, flight tickets...), and pictures of the wedding and the two of you with your family and friends.

What do you mean by "mistake"? Did you write it was an arranged marriage as a mistake and you want to edit the form? The form is to be completed online, so how can you cross the sentence?

arturs
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by arturs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:22 am

What is your national jessy? 2 years its for people whos not married, for your spouse you have to prove that your relationship is genuine and is not marriage of convience. When we fill in the VISA we think "arranged marriage" its same as been organised between me and her, but after check the google we are found "aranged marriage" its organised between both family parents. In case we are know each other 13 months and she have a Son, so its cant be marriage of convience at all.

arturs
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by arturs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:44 am

kuisere wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 pm
Hi Arturs, we are in the same situation as I married my Thai husband in June 2018 and he just applied for the EEA permit.
The VFS in Bangkok recommended him to take the TBH test, because it's needed when you intend to stay in the country for more than 6 months. Of course the permit is valid for 6 months, but they might ask her later on if she applies for the residence permit.

Since you just got married it's important to show that you've been living together for at least 2 years (tenancy agreements, bills, shared bank accounts..) or that you've been in a long distance relationship for that long (chats, calls, flight tickets...), and pictures of the wedding and the two of you with your family and friends.

What do you mean by "mistake"? Did you write it was an arranged marriage as a mistake and you want to edit the form? The form is to be completed online, so how can you cross the sentence?

What is your national kuisere? 2 years its for people whos not married, for your spouse you have to prove that your relationship is genuine and is not marriage of convience. When we fill in the VISA we think "arranged marriage" its same as been organised between me and her, but after check the google we are found "aranged marriage" its organised between both family parents. In case we are know each other 13 months and she have a Son, so its cant be marriage of convience at all.

arturs
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by arturs » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am

Cross it off by black pen and write on the side "No". Kuisere the TB test not requied at all for EEA Family Permit, because is valid only for 6 months. After then apply for residence card they cant ask you about TB, because you already stay in UK for 6 months thats mean TB not requied at all.

kuisere
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by kuisere » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:57 am

arturs wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:44 am
kuisere wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 pm

What is your national kuisere? 2 years its for people whos not married, for your spouse you have to prove that your relationship is genuine and is not marriage of convience. When we fill in the VISA we think "arranged marriage" its same as been organised between me and her, but after check the google we are found "aranged marriage" its organised between both family parents. In case we are know each other 13 months and she have a Son, so its cant be marriage of convience at all.
I am Italian. I know the 2 years is for the not married couple; however, you just got married one month ago and have known each other for only one year. It's hard to prove it's not a marriage of convenience, so you should show how you keep in contact with your wife and that your relationship it's genuine by providing some evidence of your time together before the marriage.

You said she has a child, is the child yours? That would make the application easier, but they might expect you to provide evidence that you are the father.

I know you don't need TB test but my husband decided to take it anyway because the VFS office recommended it. Also, he will apply for the residence card before the 6 months will be over, and taking the TB test in the UK would probably be more expensive than in Thailand.

I've read many stories of permit rejections, sending just marriage certificate and evidence of your employment as the EU law states it's not enough for the Home office. Send as many pieces of evidence you can, and print the form again. Home office won't reject an application because it's an arranged marriage (it's not against the law) but it's better if the form doesn't have mistakes in it.