ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

clear9
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by clear9 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi All,

I hope you can help with a question regarding the English language requirement on the online application form.

The form states: 'Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013?'

1. I presume this is asking about the English language requirement. I am an EU national who earned the Trinity B1 SELT in 2017. Should I select 'YES' for the above question?

2. Secondly, I noticed that the B1 certificate does not appear in the document checklist. Have I missed something?

Many thanks for your help,
Clear9

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm

clear9 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:08 pm
Hi All,

I hope you can help with a question regarding the English language requirement on the online application form.

The form states: 'Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013?'

1. I presume this is asking about the English language requirement. I am an EU national who earned the Trinity B1 SELT in 2017. Should I select 'YES' for the above question?

2. Secondly, I noticed that the B1 certificate does not appear in the document checklist. Have I missed something?

Clear9
1. You select no as you were not required to meet the English and life in the UK test (you have done this test too Right?) for PR.

2. It is a glitch and HO is aware of it based on queries member made.. You must submit your English test and life in the UK letter with your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

clear9
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by clear9 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm
clear9 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:08 pm
Hi All,

Clear9
1. You select no as you were not required to meet the English and life in the UK test (you have done this test too Right?) for PR.

2. It is a glitch and HO is aware of it based on queries member made.. You must submit your English test and life in the UK letter with your application.
Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I've completed the LITUK test too.

FYI, after entering 'yes' to the question above, the form took me through a series of options that allowed me to enter the B1 awarding body and reference number. Further, the B1 certificate now appears in the documents checklist. Therefore it looks like they've addressed the glitch.

Many thanks for your help.
Clear9

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:29 am

Hi. I would like to ask when we can start counting the 10 working days of online application for naturalisation? The day we fill up and submitted online form is included in 10 working days period for sending supporting documents or it will start from next day? Please advise me. I submitted an online application on 05/07/18 so my 10 working days will complete on 18 or 19? Anxiously waiting.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:51 am

Naveed24 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:29 am
Hi. I would like to ask when we can start counting the 10 working days of online application for naturalisation? The day we fill up and submitted online form is included in 10 working days period for sending supporting documents or it will start from next day? Please advise me. I submitted an online application on 05/07/18 so my 10 working days will complete on 18 or 19? Anxiously waiting.
Does it make a difference??? It is past that now anyway!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 pm

But it will be helpful for me first and then for lots of others too. It’s not past. If u could guide it will be much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Naveed24 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 pm
But it will be helpful for me first and then for lots of others too. It’s not past. If u could guide it will be much appreciated
I don't understand why it would make a difference. It is only relevant to submission of supporting documents and no relation to HO processes for your application.

10 Woking days from 5th July has already passed as today is the 21st, which is the point I was making.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:15 am

Actually I have submitted documents through NDRS and I’ve got an appointment on 18. I know it’s past but they told me it’s risky as today is 10th working day and documents should be with HO now otherwise it will be rejected. From my point I think it’s 9 working day as I count first working day from next day of my online submitted application. I’ve submitted application on 5 and from 6 time starts or it starts from 5 when we done online application.
By reading this it will be helpful for others too. My case is past but many can benefit by this discussion.

olegr
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by olegr » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi, I'm applying for naturalisation and have not been able to find clear documentation on EU national requirements for "evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions" and the biometric information they need.
  • I have a residence permit and a letter that states i can apply for citizenship since the 5th of april 2015
  • I have my danish passport
Do i need anything else or does that count as evidence from immigration time restrictions?
From what i understand they will ask me to go to a post office to give biometric info after i send through my application, is that the case?

Thanks,
Ole

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:26 pm

olegr wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:14 pm
Hi, I'm applying for naturalisation and have not been able to find clear documentation on EU national requirements for "evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions" and the biometric information they need.
  • I have a residence permit and a letter that states i can apply for citizenship since the 5th of april 2015
  • I have my danish passport
Do i need anything else or does that count as evidence from immigration time restrictions?
From what i understand they will ask me to go to a post office to give biometric info after i send through my application, is that the case?

Thanks,
Ole
I assume you mean "Permanent Residence" card/letter - that would be the proof. If you have a letter stating an apply by date you would have the PR document?

Correct - Biometrics will be done after you have submitted the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Adamantium
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Adamantium » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Just a quick question, I'll be using NDRS+JCAP and I'm not sure how many photographs overall I need. 2 photos on referee declarations and additional 3 photos signed?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 pm
Just a quick question, I'll be using NDRS+JCAP and I'm not sure how many photographs overall I need. 2 photos on referee declarations and additional 3 photos signed?
The local authority where you have booked your NDRS +JCAP appointment will specify how many photo's you need. My understanding per my booked appointment says the following:-

"• The photographs submitted with Nationality and Passport applications (3 in total) must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph."

"• Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. You do not need to complete section 10 or have your 2 photographs certified as details of referees will be collected as part of your citizenship application."

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:19 am

Ancestor wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:50 pm
Adamantium wrote:
The local authority where you have booked your NDRS +JCAP appointment will specify how many photo's you need. My understanding per my booked appointment says the following:-

"• The photographs submitted with Nationality and Passport applications (3 in total) must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph."

"• Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. You do not need to complete section 10 or have your 2 photographs certified as details of referees will be collected as part of your citizenship application."
Do we need to provide grandparents details on this form? pretty confused about that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 am

tier2genmisery wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:19 am
Ancestor wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

Do we need to provide grandparents details on this form? pretty confused about that
NO!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 am
tier2genmisery wrote:
Ancestor wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

NO!
You know that on the passport form it clearly asks for grandparents details right?
Also, I just called HMs passport office to ask and they said yes that is required.
But if you look at Wandsworth council website it says it is not required... However couldn't find that info on any other councils website...
http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/jcap

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:35 am

tier2genmisery wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:26 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:26 am
tier2genmisery wrote:
Ancestor wrote:

NO!
You know that on the passport form it clearly asks for grandparents details right?
Also, I just called HMs passport office to ask and they said yes that is required.
But if you look at Wandsworth council website it says it is not required... However couldn't find that info on any other councils website...
http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/jcap
I and many others, have clearly been through the process already. Grandparent details are NOT required for applicants who are naturalised British citizens, as has been stated 100s of times on the forum. The same passport form is used for EVERYONE, naturalised, British born etc. Grandparents details are required for those claiming British citizenship through British parents/grandparents etc.

The passport guidance notes CLEARLY states :

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ce_v24.pdf
About grandparents:
If the applicant’s parents were born on or after 1 January 1983, you will also need to provide evidence of grandparents’ claim to British nationality by providing their birth certificates and, in the case of grandfathers, their marriage certificates.

This does not apply if:
Ÿ the applicants parents’ British nationality is based on registration, naturalisation or their immigration status,
or
Ÿ the applicant has provided the British passport number for parents’ in Section 4 of the application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Fffv
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Fffv » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi ! I have completed my online application form and I have all the necessary documents sorted and ready to go.
I'm using the NCS so I have to wait a few weeks before submitting it.

There's one question that i'm not to sure of:

"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
Does the application for the RESIDENCE CARD counts ?

Thank You!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Fffv wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi ! I have completed my online application form and I have all the necessary documents sorted and ready to go.

Thank You!
Any and all applications you have made to the home office
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Fffv wrote:
I see CR001 has answered your question, just wanted to ask you a quick question, are you using NCS or NDRS, surely must be NDRS with Online Application if my understanding is correct?

Reason I am asking, I see some have had issues printing out the Reference pages of the Online Application sometime prior to submission? Just wondering if you have had any such issues, or have you successfully been able to print out to get signed prior to submitting in "a few weeks"?

Thanks. 👍

Fffv
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Fffv » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm
Fffv wrote:

Thank You!
Any and all applications you have made to the home office

Thank you for the quick reply. I have rang the home office about this question and I didn't get a clear answer. I've also questioned different people and they all seem to have different opinions. I'm a European citizen and my first contact with the Home Office was, in fact, to apply for the residence card.
Im very unsure about this question :o
Last edited by Fffv on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fffv
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Fffv » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Ancestor wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 pm
Fffv wrote:
I see CR001 has answered your question, just wanted to ask you a quick question, are you using NCS or NDRS, surely must be NDRS with Online Application if my understanding is correct?

Reason I am asking, I see some have had issues printing out the Reference pages of the Online Application sometime prior to submission? Just wondering if you have had any such issues, or have you successfully been able to print out to get signed prior to submitting in "a few weeks"?

Thanks. 👍
I'm using the national documents return service. I was able to print them out at an earlier stage. I haven't submitted my application form yet, because of the "10 day rule".
But apparently you will also be giving the option to print them out after u submit the application form. :D

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:57 pm

Fffv wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 pm
Ancestor wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 pm
Fffv wrote:

Thanks. 👍
I'm using the national documents return service. I was able to print them out at an earlier stage. I haven't submitted my application form yet, because of the "10 day rule".
But apparently you will also be giving the option to print them out after u submit the application form. :D
Thank you Fffv and no issues whatsoever as some have had, good to know. Did you print them prior to completing all the info for the online document after filling that Reference info in, or after completing all the info BUT obviously before and you haven't submitted as yet?

Thank you.

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:03 am

Hi. I would like to ask about online application. I’ve completed mine but when I log in back it shows me step 6 where payment details were shown and at the bottom it’s says go to next step
and then I click on save and go to next. Afterwards it’s says print out the check list and biometric letter and then at the bottom it shows sign out. I’m confused as almost all people have received auto email of acknowledgement but I have never received any and whenever I log back in it’s always show me step 6 where it says you have more steps before it completes but I can’t do nothing. Is it normal or some glitch where I stuck in between before completion of application?

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:18 pm

HI, I have recently submitted my wife's application and I think the online application was quite smooth. You may have missed something so go through the application again and see if you have checked all boxes, decalration etc. Have you paid the fee as well and did you receive an email with Case Id?
Not all those who wander are lost...

Naveed24
Pakistan

Post by Naveed24 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:45 am

dadageer wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:18 pm
HI, I have recently submitted my wife's application and I think the online application was quite smooth. You may have missed something so go through the application again and see if you have checked all boxes, decalration etc. Have you paid the fee as well and did you receive an email with Case Id?
My form is fully completed and now I can’t make any changes as it doesn’t allow me. Yes I have made payment and I received payment successful email too. But I have never received any confirmation email or email with case id.