ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA forcing 10 years route on me after completing 5 years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinny

Re: UKBA forcing 10 years route on me after completing 5 years

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Well, a caseworker may grant 30 months plus discretion up to 28 days extra when applicants applied too early.

In your reconsideration request, you could point out that

1. The caseworker of your second FLR(M) application forgot use discretion to grant you an extra 28 days, making 30 months plus 28 days.
2. The caseworker of your SET(M) application should have let you varied your application to the five-year FLR(M) route.

Putting you on the ten-year route when you qualified under the five-year route was disproportionate and unreasonable, given the caseworker's error in 1.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ddoks
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by ddoks » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:42 pm

Your second point was stated in the reconsideration request sent by the solicitor, but they ignored it. They ignored all the reconsideration representation requests so far.

Are you suggesting we try again?

Or try the judicial review instead, which I may not qualify since it's over 3 months?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Try complaining about their lack of response?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ddoks
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by ddoks » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:20 pm

Thanks, I will try the complains route - stating the omission of the extant leave. I will keep you posted.

Failing that, what is your thought on the 49 days gap and the Judicial review options?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:37 am

If they refuse your reconsideration request, then would a JR immediately after that refusal be considered as in-time?