ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anooshith
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Anooshith » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:39 am

Hi All,

I have applied on 17th of June by using NDRS + JCAP. sent my documents on 20th June. i have notices that the passport office taken payment from my account on 27th July. is this mean the application approved? will i receive the approval letter soon?
i am so existed !!!!!

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:32 am

Anooshith wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:39 am
Hi All,

I have applied on 17th of June by using NDRS + JCAP. sent my documents on 20th June. i have notices that the passport office taken payment from my account on 27th July. is this mean the application approved? will i receive the approval letter soon?
i am so existed !!!!!

Thank you
Taking passport fee is not an indication of approval.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

iqkhanuk

Post by iqkhanuk » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:51 am

Hi All

I am in process of applying online Form AN.

1 Is the online applicaton is the joint applicaiton for Citizenship and Passport? I cant find Birtish Passport Application online.

2 Do I need to use Nationality document return service via council to keep the documents. Or Do I have to send all docs anyway later stage. In that case no need to use this service.

3 Can someone who have applied online post the steps. Its bit confusing. Do I have to send all original docs witin 10 days to HO with BRP.

Is there a checklist for online application

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:15 am

iqkhanuk wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:51 am
Hi All

I am in process of applying online Form AN.

1 Is the online applicaton is the joint applicaiton for Citizenship and Passport? I cant find Birtish Passport Application online. You cannot use the online passport form if you are applying for citizenship and passport joint application. You must use the paper form you get at the Post Office.

2 Do I need to use Nationality document return service via council to keep the documents. Or Do I have to send all docs anyway later stage. In that case no need to use this service. Yes if you want to keep your original documents then you use NDRS. If you post it yourself, you have to send your originals.

3 Can someone who have applied online post the steps. Its bit confusing. Do I have to send all original docs witin 10 days to HO with BRP. Have you read through this topic and researched the forum???

Is there a checklist for online application Yes, at the end of your application. Read this topic and search the forum, answered many times already. Read the AN guidance notes and Booklet too.

Many thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Catriona
Newly Registered

Post by Catriona » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello guys.

I'm completing AN online application form and just have a quick question regarding references.

My first reference is a college friend who is British National (naturalised last year) and over 25 yo, second reference is a Polish national and she is a Bank Manager (TSB Bank). Both know me personally for over three years and have no criminal convictions.

Please can someone advise whether these references would be suitable for AN application?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards
Kate

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Catriona wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 pm
Hello guys.

I'm completing AN online application form and just have a quick question regarding references.

My first reference is a college friend who is British National (naturalised last year) and over 25 yo, second reference is a Polish national and she is a Bank Manager (TSB Bank). Both know me personally for over three years and have no criminal convictions.

Please can someone advise whether these references would be suitable for AN application?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards
Kate
My understanding is both should be fine, a Bank Manager is on the accepted professions and can be any Nationality and the other Non-profession Referee has to be a British National, so should be no problem.

RK3285
Wales

Post by RK3285 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:21 am

Hi,

Has a law changed on applying for nationality? Do we have to be in UK for 10 years??

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:43 am

RK3285 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:21 am
Hi,

Has a law changed on applying for nationality? Do we have to be in UK for 10 years??

Thanks
No it has NOT!!

Why do you 'assume' you have to be in the UK for 10 years???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

clear9
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by clear9 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:38 pm

I will be applying for a British passport at the same time of my NDRS appointment.

The payment form asks me to write in the fee that I am paying. Will the fee be £75.50 (online application) or £85 (paper application)? I assume it will be the latter?

Many thanks for your help,
Clear9

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:42 pm

clear9 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:38 pm
I will be applying for a British passport at the same time of my NDRS appointment.

The payment form asks me to write in the fee that I am paying. Will the fee be £75.50 (online application) or £85 (paper application)? I assume it will be the latter?

Clear9
The passport payment sheet is the paper one you get from Post Office. You cannot use the online passport application form for the joint citizen/passport application scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

clear9
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by clear9 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:42 pm
clear9 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Clear9
The passport payment sheet is the paper one you get from Post Office. You cannot use the online passport application form for the joint citizen/passport application scheme.
As always, thank you for the clarification--it is much appreciated.

Clear9

Adamantium
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Adamantium » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:28 am

Ancestor wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:50 pm
Adamantium wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 pm
Just a quick question, I'll be using NDRS+JCAP and I'm not sure how many photographs overall I need. 2 photos on referee declarations and additional 3 photos signed?
The local authority where you have booked your NDRS +JCAP appointment will specify how many photo's you need. My understanding per my booked appointment says the following:-

"• The photographs submitted with Nationality and Passport applications (3 in total) must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph."

"• Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. You do not need to complete section 10 or have your 2 photographs certified as details of referees will be collected as part of your citizenship application."
Thanks. They only took 2 pictures. I've submitted my application on the 25th of July and it's a waiting game now :)

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:28 am
Ancestor wrote:
Adamantium wrote:
Just a quick question, I'll be using NDRS+JCAP and I'm not sure how many photographs overall I need. 2 photos on referee declarations and additional 3 photos signed?
The local authority where you have booked your NDRS +JCAP appointment will specify how many photo's you need. My understanding per my booked appointment says the following:-

"• The photographs submitted with Nationality and Passport applications (3 in total) must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant’s name should be written on the back of one photograph."

"• Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. You do not need to complete section 10 or have your 2 photographs certified as details of referees will be collected as part of your citizenship application."
Thanks. They only took 2 pictures. I've submitted my application on the 25th of July and it's a waiting game now :)
Hi Adamantium,

Thanks for the update, good to know, I will take the 3 that my Local Council has requested I take.

Just started filling in the Online Application, could I ask you some info please, just curious to know what you filled in Online for the Referees per my Topic I posted:-

british-citizenship/professional-refere ... l#p1666028

Appreciated if you could give me some feedback, having completed your Application Online.

Don't want to re-post and make trouble. :)

Thanking you,

Cheers

Dsam06
Newly Registered

Post by Dsam06 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi guys,

Should I use the online application for naturalisation and another application for passport ??
Or can I use the online application for joint application ?

Many thanks

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Dsam06 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 pm
Hi guys,

Should I use the online application for naturalisation and another application for passport ??
Or can I use the online application for joint application ?

Many thanks
Online for Naturalisation and Paper passport form from Post Office. If doing NDRS appointment, you hand documents and Passport Application in at your Local Council appointment.

The Online Passport application is only for Renewal is my understanding.

Adamantium
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Adamantium » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:55 am

Mine referees were both British so I've included both passports details. One is a teacher and another a company director.
As for the question How do they know me I've indicated they they are both my friends - I think that should be enough. If HO wants to more they can contact them at any time.

Ancestor wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 pm
Adamantium wrote:
Ancestor wrote:
Adamantium wrote:

Hi Adamantium,

Thanks for the update, good to know, I will take the 3 that my Local Council has requested I take.

Just started filling in the Online Application, could I ask you some info please, just curious to know what you filled in Online for the Referees per my Topic I posted:-

Appreciated if you could give me some feedback, having completed your Application Online.

Thanking you,

Cheers

Query1982
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation Status letter by 2nd class post

Post by Query1982 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:45 am

I am awaiting my approval letter after applying online on May2018 and attending JCAP ( Joint citizenship and passport) NDRS ( Nationality document return service) appointment at Edinburgh council.

I had my passport fee deducted on July 12th. Everyone on May 2018 timeline has already got their approval and attended ceremonies. Mine is a straightforward application as spouse of British National, also I have a British child. I got my ILR in April 2018 after 5 years of spousal visa.

It has been a stressful few years under the new immigration rules. And now this 2nd class post of approval letter from HO has stressed me out further. There is no online status checking service or any way of knowing that the approval letter has been dispatched.

If there was a way of sending self addressed registered post for the approval letter along with the photocopies of other documents during NDRS appointment, there will be a way of tracking the letter in the future for other applicants. My boat has sailed for that sadly. As it is not possible to attend the citizenship ceremony without it, a 2nd class post is very risky. Also, the time limit of 3 months after approval for doing ceremony has made me very nervous :cry: , as I do not wish to restart the whole process again and spend more money.

:idea: :idea: Now I have sent a query to home office email to send an email confirmation if possible. I am waiting for a reply. I hope no one else goes through this because of a postal error or just human error. The option of spending another £25 or less for getting a registered approval and citizenship letter could save everyone stress :idea: :idea:

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:55 am
Mine referees were both British so I've included both passports details. One is a teacher and another a company director.
As for the question How do they know me I've indicated they they are both my friends - I think that should be enough. If HO wants to more they can contact them at any time.

Ancestor wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 pm
Adamantium wrote:
Ancestor wrote:

Hi Adamantium,

Thanking you,

Cheers
Hi Adamantium,

Thank you for the reply, appreciated.

Both of mine are also British so will give Passport details, the professional referee I will put Family Friend and Company Director, and the non-professional I will put Next-door Neighbour and IT Technician.

Thanks and cheers.

tenseboy88
Newly Registered

Post by tenseboy88 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 am

Hi All,
Just finished filling out the Online application AN form for Citizenship and had few questions to clarify. Could you pls help me on these:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

I came to the UK on student visa in Sep 2010. Then went on PSW in Oct 2011. Went back home to Non EU country in April 2012 and returned on Tier 2 General visa in Sep 2012. Remained on Tier 2 for 5 years (though had 3 different Tier 2 in this space) before applying for ILR in July 2017.

For the purpose of the above question - should I start with the First Tier 2 General visa (Sep 2012) and then provide details of other Tier 2 and ILR? (As I think these visas are classified as immigration applications).
OR do I have to include Student visa and PSW visa too?

I also had a UK visit visa in 1998, which I assume I dont have to mention.

When did you first arrive in the UK?

Is this the date when I first arrived on Student visa in Sep 2011? OR is this the date when I arrived back in Sep 2012 on Tier 2 General (after going home in April 2012 whilst on Post study work visa).

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I have answered as - No, I have never had any of these.

However then on Other information just for Full disclosure I have written the below:

I completed a Driver course in September 2016. I was given the option to attend this workshop instead of receiving a fixed penalty fine. As I completed the course this meant that NO endorsement or penalty points was made on my license. The course was assigned for use of handheld mobile device while driving.

is NO the right answer to the question?

Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

I have answered Yes - as I have spouse who is Non-EU, still on Tier 2 dependant visa.

Thanks a million for helping me in providing answers to the questions above.

Weatherwitch
Newly Registered

Post by Weatherwitch » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm
Fffv wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi ! I have completed my online application form and I have all the necessary documents sorted and ready to go.
I'm using the NCS so I have to wait a few weeks before submitting it.

There's one question that i'm not to sure of:

"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
Does the application for the RESIDENCE CARD counts ?

Thank You!
Any and all applications you have made to the home office
Oh bugger. I selected "NO" because I thought this was asking if I'd tried to apply for citizenship before. I'm an EU citizen and do have a permanent residence card that I applied for through the home office. This is really confusing though as I obviously entered the number in the online form so they do know I've got it. Am I totally screwed now???

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:10 am

Weatherwitch wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 pm
Fffv wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi ! I have completed my online application form and I have all the necessary documents sorted and ready to go.
I'm using the NCS so I have to wait a few weeks before submitting it.

There's one question that i'm not to sure of:

"Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
Does the application for the RESIDENCE CARD counts ?

Thank You!
Any and all applications you have made to the home office
Oh bugger. I selected "NO" because I thought this was asking if I'd tried to apply for citizenship before. I'm an EU citizen and do have a permanent residence card that I applied for through the home office. This is really confusing though as I obviously entered the number in the online form so they do know I've got it. Am I totally screwed now???
You need PR to be able to apply and it is referenced elsewhere in the application, so I wouldn't think this is an issue. Looking at it logically.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

boarder

D

Post by boarder » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 pm

I am applying online using NDRS JCAP. Does the application submission date count as 'received by the Home Office'? I plan to have my NDRS appointment on the 20th August 2018, however I was out of the country 18-25 August 2015 (3 years prior). However, if I submit my online application before the 18th August 2018 am I in line with the requirements? Thank you

You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 3 years before the application is received by the Home Office.

danial1980
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by danial1980 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I am completing the UK citizenship using online services. While I found the application pretty straight forward, on the nationality section of the application I am finding one of the questions quite confusing.

I like to mention few facts about myself before digging more into this. I am an Iranian national and I have been granted refugee settlement (ILR) about a year ago. Currently I am holding a UK convention travel document and do not have any Iranian identification documents.

On the online application form there is a question states "Do you have a travel document?". When I answer yes and enter details of my UK convention travel document and proceed to next section, on the document I need to provide, It says that I need to have a travel document that is issued by Iran as a mandatory document which is not correct.

I was wondering if any of you guys can advise me on this. Thank you.

houkje
Newly Registered
Mood:
Netherlands

Re: D

Post by houkje » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:13 am

boarder wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:04 pm
I am applying online using NDRS JCAP. Does the application submission date count as 'received by the Home Office'? I plan to have my NDRS appointment on the 20th August 2018, however I was out of the country 18-25 August 2015 (3 years prior). However, if I submit my online application before the 18th August 2018 am I in line with the requirements? Thank you

You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 3 years before the application is received by the Home Office.
I think the dates are for receipt of the paperwork, not the online application. If you submit online you still have to send your documents backing up your application, so I would wait submitting until after the 25th August, just to be on the safe side. It's only a few more days, and not worth the risk of getting it wrong, I'd say. Good luck!

Chris11234
Newly Registered

Post by Chris11234 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Hello guys,

I have a quick question about "be physically present in the UK during the last 12 months".

I am EEA citizen, with PR card issued 01/10/2017, so I can apply for naturalisation 01/10/2018. I have 6 x P60 (last for the period 04/2017-04/2018) but I quit my job in May and currently am looking for a new job ( I am not eligible for JSA).

Can you please advise what proof should I enclose to my application in October to cover this period? AN form suggests P60, payslips, documents, letters from government department, etc.

Obviously I have P60 for 04/2017-04/2018), and payslip for May, and I will find job soon (finger crossed) so payslips for Sept, October. Should I give proof of present in the UK for every months, or P60 will be enough? Will they accept tenancy agreement, utility bill, GP letter?

Should I initiate a correspondence to HMRC just to have letters from a government department?

Chris