ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension (Cohabiting Requirement not Met)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension (Cohabiting Requirement not Met)

Post by Everyday4u » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:40 pm

we came to UK (Myself and Child) on Spouse Visa of British Citizen and my first extension (FLR)M is due soon. But i am worrying for meeting cohabiting requirement?

We have been Lodging A room in Shared house with a family and only pay monthly rent for the accommodation . We do not have any lodger agreement and rent includes all the bills (Council Tax, Utility bills, tv license) etc.

we have only joint Bank Statements over the period, few letters from NHS and HMRC. My husband works full time and meets financial requirement. However, i am full time housewife and look after child and do not work.

Is anyone in this Situation? How to meet Cohabiting requirements as someone told me HO requires 6 letters from different sources and 4 letters must be in joint name?

I would appreciate if someone could kindly guide me and suggest me what to do. Thank you.

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Re: FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension (Cohabiting Requirement not Met)

Post by Everyday4u » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am

Is there anyone who could please guide me on this? Any Experience member please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 pm

A letter from landlord confirming your stay with them may also become one of the cohabitation proof document. Moreover, you can also use a lot other types of letters/correspondence from government departments & service providers covering previous 2 years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:15 pm

@ Seagul:

Thank you for reply and suggestion. I have following cohabiting documents and not sure if these are sufficient:

1). Joint Bank Statement for last two years
2). Joint Saving Account with Building Society for last two years.
3). Credit Card Statement from different Bank
4). Mobile Phone Bills for last two years
5). Husband's Pay Slips showing home address for last two years
6). Few letters from HMRC
7). Few Letters from NHS

We do not have utilities Bill or Council tax in our names as we pay only rent as lodger. Are they ok to apply for FLR M?