ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amelia4784
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Amelia4784 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Mrozzy124 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 pm
Amelia4784 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:07 am
Hi everyone !!
I just received a call from my solicitor they’ve allowed my appeal just a month after my hearing 🤗... there’s still a month or so for me to have my passport back finally but I’ll let you know so this is my timeline.

Applied flr fp british partner and child insurmountable obstacles due to my husband’s multiple sclerosis we came back after living abroad for 4 years and we came to England in January 2017 me as a tourist.

Applied June 20 2017
Refused November 2017
Appeal logged in November 2017
Hearing June 12 2018
Appeal allowed July 2018
Big congratulations!

Finally you can rest in ease!
Could I please ask how your hearing went?

We have our hearing coming up in 2 weeks and to be honest i'm really scared for some reason haha.
I've never been to a court and don't know what to expect.

Did you and your partner go into the hearing together?
Did your barrister do all the talking?
Did the judge ask you any questions?
Were they easy questions?

Sorry if thats too much but would really appreciate any info you can give little or small as it would help a ton!

Thank you and congratulations once again!
Hi, sorry for my delayed reply, on my hearing day first I met my barrister there and my hearing was the first one in our court so at the begging my partner waited outside, so you will be in a court room with the judge, the typist in front of you and on your right side your barrister and on your left HOPO so the judge will ask your details name, address and then tie barrister will present your evidence following by Hopo stating why it was ok to refuse you and hopo is the one that will ask you questions on my case the questions were related to my partners illness and then my partner walked in and he was crossed examined with questions related to his illness as well and how I help him and our daughter, then they’ll give close statements hopo again stating why the judge should refuse you and your barrister on why your case is strong and you should be granted a visa!! I remember I couldn’t even sleep the night before but now thinking about it if you have a strong case why you should be granted a visa here you’ll be fine. On my decisión the judge states that it would be unreasonable for HO to expect me to go back Mexico to gain entry clearance And I called the court on Monday which was 14 days after my decision and the secretary said HO didn’t appeal so i will be receiving my visa hopefully soon 🤗🤗 the best of luck and keep us posted 🤩

Mrozzy124
Anguilla

Post by Mrozzy124 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Amelia4784 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:12 pm
Mrozzy124 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:29 pm
Amelia4784 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:07 am
Hi everyone !!
I just received a call from my solicitor they’ve allowed my appeal just a month after my hearing 🤗... there’s still a month or so for me to have my passport back finally but I’ll let you know so this is my timeline.

Applied flr fp british partner and child insurmountable obstacles due to my husband’s multiple sclerosis we came back after living abroad for 4 years and we came to England in January 2017 me as a tourist.

Applied June 20 2017
Refused November 2017
Appeal logged in November 2017
Hearing June 12 2018
Appeal allowed July 2018
Big congratulations!

Finally you can rest in ease!
Could I please ask how your hearing went?

We have our hearing coming up in 2 weeks and to be honest i'm really scared for some reason haha.
I've never been to a court and don't know what to expect.

Did you and your partner go into the hearing together?
Did your barrister do all the talking?
Did the judge ask you any questions?
Were they easy questions?

Sorry if thats too much but would really appreciate any info you can give little or small as it would help a ton!

Thank you and congratulations once again!
Hi, sorry for my delayed reply, on my hearing day first I met my barrister there and my hearing was the first one in our court so at the begging my partner waited outside, so you will be in a court room with the judge, the typist in front of you and on your right side your barrister and on your left HOPO so the judge will ask your details name, address and then tie barrister will present your evidence following by Hopo stating why it was ok to refuse you and hopo is the one that will ask you questions on my case the questions were related to my partners illness and then my partner walked in and he was crossed examined with questions related to his illness as well and how I help him and our daughter, then they’ll give close statements hopo again stating why the judge should refuse you and your barrister on why your case is strong and you should be granted a visa!! I remember I couldn’t even sleep the night before but now thinking about it if you have a strong case why you should be granted a visa here you’ll be fine. On my decisión the judge states that it would be unreasonable for HO to expect me to go back Mexico to gain entry clearance And I called the court on Monday which was 14 days after my decision and the secretary said HO didn’t appeal so i will be receiving my visa hopefully soon 🤗🤗 the best of luck and keep us posted 🤩
Wow that is great news!
You can finally be at ease now hopefully and all the best for your family life and hope your husband recovers soon.

The only thing i'm a but worried about is, what if my partner says something different to me?

Are they hard questions or will they be related to the refusal?

Thank you
Clinique et pharmacie .......com un redressement rapide

anneike291
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by anneike291 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Good afternoon all
Have been checking all the post in this forum but I think it worth it for me to say big thank you for all the post and to share my success I applied for for fp applications as a parent of British citizen 10 years doit in april27 2018 and today I my application has been granted document and biometric card received today.
Am so glad
I wish all other people that have put in application success
Thank you all

Godson1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Godson1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Wow, a big congratulations to you. We applied same day, though I submitted mine by post on the 27th April 2018 with a British child and a British partner. I called my solicitor today and he said there has been no update about my application yet. Am sincerely happy for you.

anneike291
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by anneike291 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:33 pm

I submitted via post as well and i received acknowledgment on the 1st of May 2018 and biometrics received on the 9th of May 2018 and biometrics done on 14of may 2018 to day 30th I received mail in my box from dx that my biometrics for resident permit has been dispatched i was shocked around 5:45am today.around 1pm today royal mail send my documents and after 30minutes my biometrics arrived.3months my first application I did not use any solicitor I applied by my self
Am so glad

Godson1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Godson1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:54 pm

Seriously? You are a very lucky person, I used solicitor who collected £2,000 and since I submit my application he hasn’t talk to me till date. I received acknowledgement on the 01/05/18, and biometric received on the 11/05/18, did the biometric same day. Am seriously believing God to hear off them this week.

anneike291
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by anneike291 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Amen so shall it be you will hear from them soon am so glad I fill the applications my self I came in 2017 July 16 on visiting visa and my baby mama gave birth in October so I over stayed. I have to fill the application my self because I dnt have money to pay solicitors and I kept on praying to God and he answered me today 30th of July 2018

Godson1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Godson1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:32 pm

Thank you so much for these updates, I had 2 months and 3 weeks left before I put in the application. Then my son was just 3 months.

Bradas
- thin ice -
Kenya

Post by Bradas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:26 pm

anneike291 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:02 pm
Amen so shall it be you will hear from them soon am so glad I fill the applications my self I came in 2017 July 16 on visiting visa and my baby mama gave birth in October so I over stayed. I have to fill the application my self because I dnt have money to pay solicitors and I kept on praying to God and he answered me today 30th of July 2018
Congratulations
I too want to say today l got good news from my solicitor that my visa has been issued after along struggle and waiting for 10 months.

Mikelo
Newly Registered
Senegal

Post by Mikelo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:41 pm

Evening all. I submitted an application FLR/FP based on my British wife and british step children.
Submitted application: 10th July 2017
Biometric done : 10th August 2017
Additional Document Requested: 4th July 2018
Additional Document submitted: 13th July 2018
Additional Document received when tracked : 16th July 2018

Decision: Awaiting
BRP: Awaiting
Documents returned: Awaiting

Please how long does it take to get a decision after the requested additional documents are being submitted?? Please your contribution will be highly appreciated. Thank you

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 pm

Bradas wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:26 pm
anneike291 wrote:
Congratulations
I too want to say today l got good news from my solicitor that my visa has been issued after along struggle and waiting for 10 months.
Bradas a big congratulations to you I'm so very pleased for you. Well done. God is with you x

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Bradas
- thin ice -
Kenya

Post by Bradas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Thank you so much,it's been along struggle for me with the most unsupporting husband. I really thank God and this group for the group kept me going at my times of need and when l was so low with no one to talk to.
I know God will see your husband through you's too will get there finally.

Olumba

Post by Olumba » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:00 pm

Bradas wrote:
anneike291 wrote:
Congratulations
Congrats Bradas, Thank God. I am happy for you

Bradas
- thin ice -
Kenya

Post by Bradas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:22 pm

Olumba wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:00 pm
Bradas wrote:
anneike291 wrote:
Congratulations
Congrats Bradas, Thank God. I am happy for you
Thanks alot,l still remember the advice you once gave me when l was down and out with no where to turn to.
Thanks for your kind heart and words of encouragement.

AM29
Newly Registered
India

Post by AM29 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 am

Iam sooo happy for you bradas , wish you all the luck and success for your bright future 😃🙏🏼😃 god is great

Bradas
- thin ice -
Kenya

Post by Bradas » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:53 am

AM29 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 am
Iam sooo happy for you bradas , wish you all the luck and success for your bright future 😃🙏🏼😃 god is great
Thanks ,l wish you luck also and hoping soon your good news will be out also.

Bsis
India

Post by Bsis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 am

Hi everyone,

I have been reading all the posts in this forum.
I need advice from you all.

I applied for my FLR(FP) on partner basis. I have been living with my partner since 2014.

Application base: FLR(FP) two years of living relationship.
Application Dare: 5th September 2017
Acknowledge: 7th September 2017
Biometric done: 13th October 2017
Decision: pending.

Since I done my biometric I have not received anything. I’m waiting for last 10 Months now.
My barrister wrote a letter to HO 14 days ago asking for any updates on application but we haven’t received anything so far.

Please suggest what should I do?

I have read in forum there were people who were waiting for decision by 10 to 12 Months but after contacting to HO they received their decision very quickly. Please guide how long I should wait before I contact them again.

Thank you.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jane2018 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 pm

FLR(FP) application as a partner is NIGHTMARE and the LAST RESORT!

1) It is ALWAYS labelled as "complex" which gives the Home Office an excuse to take a YEAR to decide it.
2) It is almost always be refused and sent to the Tribunal to decide.

All in all, we are talking about YEARS of waiting and enourmous legal fees.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jane2018 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:25 pm

I filed FLR(FP) as a spouse of Uk citizen because of my immigration status.
It took the Home Office a YEAR to refuse my application and another year to litigate.
In total 2 years.
In my case it was a terrible mistake (bad legal advice) to file that application. I should have applied for a spousal visa from abroad. Instead I wasted so much time and money.
Watch out for idiot lawyers who tell you to apply as a spouse inside the UK when you do not meer immigration status requirement(e.g. have 6 months leave) because you have a British child. British child does NOT help if that child has a British father (your spouse) inside the UK because the Home Office will say that the father can look after child while you travel abroad alone to apply for a spousal visa.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jane2018 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Bsis wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 am
Hi everyone,

I applied for my FLR(FP) on partner basis. I have been living with my partner since 2014.

Since I done my biometric I have not received anything. I’m waiting for last 10 Months now.
My barrister wrote a letter to HO 14 days ago asking for any updates on application but we haven’t received anything so far.

I have read in forum there were people who were waiting for decision by 10 to 12 Months but after contacting to HO they received their decision very quickly. Please guide how long I should wait before I contact them again.

Thank you.
Try to find out about your MP. Typically it is the best way to find out what's going on. But watch out for MPif you are overstayer/without any leave. I heard some MP report overstayers. My MP was very helpful.

In my case it took Home Office a year to refuse me. and another year to litigate. I married to Uk citizen, have Uk citizen child and meet spousal visa requirements. Dispute was only about my immigration status. I regret so much that I did not leave to apply for a visa from abroad.

mr_soloj

Post by mr_soloj » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:49 pm

jane2018 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:39 pm
Bsis wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:41 am
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
Try to find out about your MP. Typically it is the best way to find out what's going on. But watch out for MPif you are overstayer/without any leave. I heard some MP report overstayers. My MP was very helpful.

In my case it took Home Office a year to refuse me. and another year to litigate. I married to Uk citizen, have Uk citizen child and meet spousal visa requirements. Dispute was only about my immigration status. I regret so much that I did not leave to apply for a visa from abroad.
If a person already applied under flr fp and he or she is a overstayer, why would it matter if the MP reports them for being a overstayer? wouldn't the Home Office already know the applicant is a overstayer?

Bsis
India

Post by Bsis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:43 pm

Thank you for your replies. I have not over stayed. I was married and was separated put my domestic violence it was refused as I didn’t had the police report and also my ex husband curtailed my visa. Which I found out when they refused my domestic violence application in 2012 then I put appeal which took over 2 years. Meanwhile I met my new partner and I started living with him 2014 so applied on his basis in 2014 which Home office refused coz I didn’t meet the criteria of 2 years of living together but it went on appeals. But in 2017 September I put fresh application FLR(FP) and this time it was been 3years of living together. But it’s been 10 Months now that we are waiting for any updates.

mehr01
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mehr01 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Application base: FLR(FP) partner route two years of living relationship
Application Date: 17 may 2018
Acknowledge: 6 june 2018
Biometric done: 8 june 2018
I came here on tier 4 student visa in sep 2014 my visa was valid till may 2017. misguided by solicitor and they applied for eea spouse visa as my partner got permanent residence . eea spouse visa refused 2 times because no one is eea national 🙄 overstayed for an year than applied flr fp with proof of cohabitation for 2 and half year .me and my partner has a son who got british passport this week sent to the HO as well.my partner is going to apply naturalisation this month. i am stressed about the long time involved in this application. my solicitor is very confident that i will get the visa but i am very confused and stressed at the moment.

K4yl3igh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by K4yl3igh » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:18 am

Hello everyone! I hope its ok i write on here for advice. I created my own post and a couple of days on had no replies 😞

Flr fp parent and partner application submitted 01/02/17
Haven't heard at all from HO since biometrics March 17.
Mp & pre action chases promted a reply last month from HO simply stating complex nature, no timescales, case under active review and an interview invitation will follow.

Basically on Monday this week we reveived an email invite to a Marriage Interview, accepted it on Tuesday and my query was pertaining to the interview questions etc however today, HO emailed cancelling interview as 'not required at this stage'

Anyone have any ideas? 18 months on and they haven't even asked for additional evidence now this.

All I can add is that in the past 2 weeks we have submitted medical records ref my worsening depression and a court document giving my husband legal parental responsibility for my daughter.

I thought these things prompted the movement and interview but now its been cancelled im completely stumped!

R k
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by R k » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:06 am

I apply flr fp in sept 2016 and after acknowledgement letter and biometric nothing heared from home office?