ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry
Aqib1992

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Aqib1992 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:19 am

Hello guys

I have a question and need your help?

Basically I have rang UKVI a couple of times, and they said to me that they have sent a email on the 5th June but i haven't received anything for the 5th June... I have checked my inbox and my junk mail but haven't received anything... What should I do?

AR2018
Newly Registered

Post by AR2018 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi guys,

I've been following this thread for a while now and thought I'd share my experience since I'm in a similar situation to some of you here.

Application type: Wife's spouse settlement visa
Country applied from: Bangladesh
Date of Bio-metric: 18th March 2018
Application was a non-priority.
AWAITING A DECISION

My wife did her bio-metric in Bangladesh and sent the documents via VFS global in Dhaka.
She received confirmation via email within a week from Home Office that the documents had been received.

Around the 29th March she also received an email saying no prepaid envelope had been sent with the application. (This was my mistake, I forgot to include with the application).
The email stated that we can send a prepaid envelope for them to return documents. if we do not provide prepaid envelope, they would return the documents using standard class.
I immediately sent a prepaid envelope to the Sheffield address they provided on the 29th March.
To this day, the documents have still not been returned.

I heard nothing since then until one day I received a call from 'private number'. This was around 6 weeks after bio-metrics (May-2018).
It was a call from Home Office and they were asking me about my job, questions such as where I work, what hours I work, when I got the job, names of people I work with, when I last went into work, when I will next go to work, etc.
The call lasted around 25/30 minutes.
My HR manager also informed me they got in touch with her about my employment and they interviewed her during that similar time.

I applied with 2 jobs and meet the threshold using the combined earnings. In the phone interview they only asked about 1 of the jobs.
At the end of the interview I asked if they also wanted to know about my second job but they said they have only been asked to ask about the first job. Also, I asked when I can expect a decision but they said they cannot confirm when a decision will be made.

The 12 weeks since the bio-metric date - excluding public holidays - was the 14th June 2018.

Contacting Home Office
My wife received an email that week, along the lines, 'unfortunately we cannot make a decision within our 12 weeks timescale because the case is not straightforward.....' (I've seen some of you also received this email, so you probably know what I mean).

I called up the Home Office contact number (the rip off number where they charge £1.37 per minute.) They said they will escalate case and I will be contacted within 15 working days. Didn't hear back within 15 days so I called them again,they simply re-escalated (it's a waste of time as it seems to be a 3rd party who have no influence on the decision making).

I recently escalated the case for the 3rd time on 25th July as we have still not received a response.

Contacting Local MP
I decided to contact my local MP in early July-18. They contacted the Home Office and my wife received an email stating that a decision has yet to be made and they cannot give a timescale as to when a decision will be made. Also, they said the delay in the application is due to it being their busiest period'.

I informed the local MP via email of Home Office's response and he replied saying there's not much more he can do if Home Office are stating 'they cannot give a timescale'.

As of today (28th July) it has now been 91 working days (more than 18 weeks) and we have still not received a decision.

I feel like their handling of the situation is really poor and inefficient. They can make any excuse for the delay (ie. case not straightforward, busy period) and there isn't much we as applicant's/spouses can do about it.
I feel it is really unfair and there doesn't seem to be any system by which we can make complaints. Even if we did complain, I would be worried this would influence their decision on application. Hence, our hands are tied.

I'm sure some of you here will agree with me.

For those waiting for approval, I hope you get the decision soon and please pray for my wife's visa to be successful.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:42 pm

AR2018 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:15 pm
Hi guys,

I've been following this thread for a while now and thought I'd share my experience since I'm in a similar situation to some of you here.

AWAITING A DECISION

My wife did her bio-metric in Bangladesh and sent the documents via VFS global in Dhaka.
She received confirmation via email within a week from Home Office that the documents had been received.

Around the 29th March she also received an email saying no prepaid envelope had been sent with the application. (This was my mistake, I forgot to include with the application).
The email stated that we can send a prepaid envelope for them to return documents. if we do not provide prepaid envelope, they would return the documents using standard class.
I immediately sent a prepaid envelope to the Sheffield address they provided on the 29th March.

I heard nothing since then until one day I received a call from 'private number'. This was around 6 weeks after bio-metrics (May-2018).
It was a call from Home Office and they were asking me about my job, questions such as where I work, what hours I work, when I got the job, names of people I work with, when I last went into work, when I will next go to work, etc.
My HR manager also informed me they got in touch with her about my employment and they interviewed her during that similar time.

I applied with 2 jobs and meet the threshold using the combined earnings. In the phone interview they only asked about 1 of the jobs.
At the end of the interview I asked if they also wanted to know about my second job but they said they have only been asked to ask about the first job. Also, I asked when I can expect a decision but they said they cannot confirm when a decision will be made.

The 12 weeks since the bio-metric date - excluding public holidays - was the 14th June 2018.

Contacting Home Office
My wife received an email that week, along the lines, 'unfortunately we cannot make a decision within our 12 weeks timescale because the case is not straightforward.....' (I've seen some of you also received this email, so you probably know what I mean).

I called up the Home Office contact number (the rip off number where they charge £1.37 per minute.) They said they will escalate case and I will be contacted within 15 working days. Didn't hear back within 15 days so I called them again,they simply re-escalated (it's a waste of time as it seems to be a 3rd party who have no influence on the decision making).

I recently escalated the case for the 3rd time on 25th July as we have still not received a response.

Contacting Local MP
I decided to contact my local MP in early July-18. They contacted the Home Office and my wife received an email stating that a decision has yet to be made and they cannot give a timescale as to when a decision will be made. Also, they said the delay in the application is due to it being their busiest period'.

I informed the local MP via email of Home Office's response and he replied saying there's not much more he can do if Home Office are stating 'they cannot give a timescale'.

As of today (28th July) it has now been 91 working days (more than 18 weeks) and we have still not received a decision.

I feel like their handling of the situation is really poor and inefficient. They can make any excuse for the delay (ie. case not straightforward, busy period) and there isn't much we as applicant's/spouses can do about it.
I feel it is really unfair and there doesn't seem to be any system by which we can make complaints. Even if we did complain, I would be worried this would influence their decision on application. Hence, our hands are tied.

For those waiting for approval, I hope you get the decision soon and please pray for my wife's visa to be successful.
I pray Insha Allah u get success
U pray for me too please
Its been me 13weeks priorty application and no reply yet

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:03 am

AR2018 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:15 pm
Hi guys,

AWAITING A DECISION

Contacting Home Office

Contacting Local MP

Same sort of thing happened to us too...the exact same emails involving mp didnt help either...ots a waiting game really n i agree the home office are very inefficient when dealing with enquires...all we can do is have patience...will do dua for u n u keep us all in ur duas insha allah hope outcome goes well
for everyone...they are really tearing families apart...i understand they are doing their job but sometimes their actions show how unreasonable they can be...it really affects the families...their health and relationships...it is very hard for those who are waiting very long time without any answers

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:33 am

It is really sad to hear some of you have been waiting this long and my 12 weeks finish up on 1st August 2018 and I haven't received the 'not straightforward' email yet. My wife and I are always anxious to hear a response from HO. I pray that all you guys who have been waiting this long get your visas soon and start living again.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:21 am

Its just made me lose hope 13weeks & it was a priorty application plus no document returns either ive been waiting since april; had even paid extra for priorty for a better outcome but till yet all in vain

Adam2002

Post by Adam2002 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:04 am

Quick update
Just phoned HO they say decision made friday just gone
Now im waiting for a call from visa center for collection
Please i need your prayers for me will be a good news
Waited 7 month

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:24 pm

Adam2002 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:04 am
Quick update
Waited 7 month
Alhumdulilah....
Hope it all goes well In'sha'Allah when did u submit your biometrics and also please could you let us know how many days it has taken becuase i am on 131 days after biometrics

Adam2002

Post by Adam2002 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:28 pm

Aqib1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:24 pm
Adam2002 wrote:
Quick update
Waited 7 month
Alhumdulilah....
Hope it all goes well In'sha'Allah when did u submit your biometrics
13/2/18
About 130 days

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Adam2002 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:28 pm
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:
Quick update
Waited 7 month
Alhumdulilah....
13/2/18
About 130 days
Gave mine on the 23rd Jan Bio
Did u receive a non straightforward email....
When did u last call HO
Also when did u last escalate your case

Adam2002

Post by Adam2002 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Aqib1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:
Quick update
Waited 7 month
Alhumdulilah....
13/2/18
About 130 days
When did u last call HO
Received non straightforwad on 3 of May day 57 i think
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June
Last escalation was 9/07/18
I called today they told me decision made on Friday

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Adam2002 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 pm
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:

Alhumdulilah....
13/2/18
About 130 days
When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June
Ok Pray for me too, shall ring up for a status Update

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Aqib1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:30 pm
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:

13/2/18
About 130 days
When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June
Did u call for a status update

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Nabeela78680 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 pm
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:

When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June
Not yet will do after i finish work

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:

Alhumdulilah....
13/2/18
About 130 days
When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June

Did ur Mp do much, cuz my MP was told anything i was told nothing more

Adam2002

Post by Adam2002 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Aqib1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:58 pm
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:

13/2/18
About 130 days
When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June

Not much from Mp
All what i get from him is same answer i get from HO when i call them
In my opinion he hasn't done much for me

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Adam2002 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm
Aqib1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:58 pm
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:

When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June

Not much from Mp
All what i get from him is same answer i get from HO when i call them
In my opinion he hasn't done much for me
Same....

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:12 pm

sreekan2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 pm
Good Evening,
Applied for my wife and daughter
Online Application 08/03/18.
Biometric 14/03/18.
Documents Return 09/04/18.
Email Confirmation Received 26/03/18.
NOt straightforward email 09-06-2018
the case escalated: 13-6-18
IHS link for daughter: not yet
Decision Email- Pending.

Hopefully some outcome in next 15 days.

Thanks in Advance!!
Hi, I contact my local MP earlier this month on 2nd and he replied saying that he wrote to UKVI.
Today when I rang the contact centre they confirmed that the decision been made, my biggest worry is I didn't receive IHS payment link for my daughter, I am really worried does it means something wrong!?

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Nabeela78680 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 pm
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:

When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June
Still awaiting a decision, please pray for me

naz khan

Post by naz khan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:32 pm

sreekan2 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:12 pm
sreekan2 wrote:
Good Evening,
Biometric 14/03/18.
IHS link for daughter: not y

Decision Email- Pending.

Thanks in Advance!!
Hi, I contact my local MP earlier this month on 2nd and he replied saying that he wrote to UKVI.
Today when I rang the contact centre they confirmed that the decision been made, my biggest worry is I didn't receive IHS payment link for my daughter, I am really worried does it means something wrong!?

Without ihs mean nagative result

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:42 am

Apprantley the amount of times you escalated your case they move it to the back of the queue?
Is this correct

Aqib1992

Post by Aqib1992 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:48 am

Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:
Adam2002 wrote:
Aqib1992 wrote:

Alhumdulilah....
13/2/18
About 130 days
When did u last call HO
Escalate about 4 times
Got Mp involved in June

Did you receive any email within 15 days when u escalated? on the 9th July or did u just ring yday for an update

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:39 am

I have just received not straightforward email like many of you and I am on working day 58 non priority. It's really saddening news to hear and my wife is feeling really down and I am trying to cheer her up. :cry:

Miyash

Post by Miyash » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:33 pm

sreekan2 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:12 pm
sreekan2 wrote:
Good Evening,
Biometric 14/03/18.
IHS link for daughter: not yet
Decision Email- Pending.

Thanks in Advance!!
please share status as soon as u received any update.

Liverpool48
Newly Registered

Post by Liverpool48 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:38 pm

The UKVI call centre has a variety of agents, some of whom clearly seem to make things up as they go along. I’ve spoken to one agent twice who has said reescalating puts the original escalation to the back of the queue again. I have no idea if this is right as none of the other agents have said this and of course, from a cynical point of view is a nice strategy to stop the decision making centre getting repeated escalations.
I cannot day that any of my several calls to the contact centre have added any speed or clarity to this black box process.