ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (QP) EEA (FM)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

UK Residence Card for Non Eu Spouse

Post by ejrpu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi,
Good day.
I'm a Filipina married for 2 years to an EU citizen and I arrived here in the UK last July 25. My EEA Family Permit will be expiring this Nov. 3 and now we're rushing to apply for the RC. My husband has been working for 4 years and were going to apply for RC as qualified person.
My husbands supporting documents is okay but mine I have no residency proof or bills under my name. The tenancy agreement of the flat were living is under his name, brother and sister in law and we're not sure if the agency would want to make a new contract to include me.
We're looking for advice on how can I make proofs of my residency.
Hoping someone can help us solve our dilemma.
Thank you.

tiems
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: UK Residence Card for Non Eu Spouse

Post by tiems » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:34 pm

You could do some of the following:
  • Add your name to some the utility bills (they can usually add your name to the bill if you ask).
  • Request forms to apply for a drivers licence: This will get you more letters addressed to you at the address.
  • Register with a GP to get an NHS letter in your name at your address.
  • Get some bank statements addressed to you at this address.
You should definitely try to get your name added to utility bills, that's probably the easiest and most convincing one. But the other ones should help too.

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: UK Residence Card for Non Eu Spouse

Post by ejrpu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 pm

Thank you.

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

EEA (QP) EEA (FM)

Post by ejrpu » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi,
I'm a Non-Eu citizen, married to EU citizen who's been working in the UK since 2014.
We have applied for EEA (QP) and EEA (FM) together last October 10, 2018. We've received an email from HO last 19th Ocotober with Case ID. We're expecting for the Biometrics Letter but it's only my EU citizen husband who received it last October 24 dated October 19 and nothing for mine.
I have made my biometrics for my EEA Family Permit last April 2018, but is it normal that I didn't receive any for this application?
Any advice or answer would be helpful.
Thank you very much in advance.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: EEA (QP) EEA (FM)

Post by obormot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:10 pm

EU citisens should not get biometric letters at all...

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ejrpu » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:24 pm

Thank you for the answer obormot.
I'm really confused with the Biometrics, is it possible that even if it's addressed to my husband it's meant for me?
We've never been to the Post Office cause we're waiting for mine.
What do you think is best to do in me situation. Thank you again.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Your biometrics letter should be on your name. HO does not ask EU citizens to do biometrics, since their passports/ID are already contain8mg biometrics required.
You should also get 2 emails with different case numbers - one for your husband and one for you. They can came at different times though.
I asume you applied online. Did you send documents or did you go to European passports return service?
HO is a black box, it is very difficult to predict what will happen and when, but majority of people seem to be able to get through in reasonable amount of time.. And this is our only hope.

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ejrpu » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Thank you again obormot.
We've applied using the Paper format for the applications and we've sent all original documents via special delivery through royal mail, we also didn't asked for return of documents.
We also received the email from HO same day with our case id number. That's why I was expecting that I'll be receiving my biometrics letter soon, but ended up its for my husband.
My EEA -FP will be expiring on the 3rd of November that's why we're quite nervous about this. He didn't made his Biometrics yet cause he's waiting for mine.
I'm aware that I have to do it again for this application, but you think they will consider my previous biometrics that I have made in April?
Thank you again.

Ck4sure
Newly Registered

Post by Ck4sure » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Hello, it seems the person that took the payment had mixed up your forms... I would say write them quoting your case ID ASAP and also highlight that your permit would expire soon...It really sounds strange.. Good luck..

Ck4sure
Newly Registered

Post by Ck4sure » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Maybe also attach a copy of the Biometrics letter they sent.

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ejrpu » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi Ck4sure, thanks for the answer.
Do you know maybe where we can send our concern to HO? Like email address?
Thanks again.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Send it by post (special 1day delivery) to the same address where you sent all documents before. Mention case number(s) - I would write those case numbers also on the envelope, and probably in red; write what happened.
Note that you should have received 2 emails - one email for each applicant, and 2 different case numbers - one for you and one for your husband.
If you only got one - (did it mention your husband name?), then they still have to send one for you with your own case number. And then mention in your mail that you still did not get your case number.

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ejrpu » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi obormot,
We both received an email with our separate Case ID in same day as well. It's only the Biometrics Letter that I didn't received, but my husband did.
He's still not enrolling his Biometrics cause he's waiting for mine

ejrpu
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ejrpu » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:41 pm

Hello obormot and Ck4sure.
I have sent an email to the HO regarding my concern and I also attach the Biometrics Letter they have sent for my husband. Today I received a reply from them asking me to disregard the Biometrics they sent for my husband and they have sent a Biometrics Letter for me.
I also sent a letter by mail via special delivery.
I just wanna thank you both for the suggestions and help.
Btw, my EEA Family Permit will be expiring this 03.11.18, and it scares me that they would asked to sent me home till the result would come out.
I'm already working with a contract and my husband's still working.

Ck4sure
Newly Registered

Post by Ck4sure » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:21 pm

No worries... We are all here to help each other.... Good luck!!