ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & FLR confusion. Help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ChuckTenants
BANNED
Sierra Leone

ILR & FLR confusion. Help!

Post by ChuckTenants » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:33 am

Hello everyone,

This forum is a real life saver, thanks to all contributors,

I have a question. My wife has an ILR application (SET (O)) which is in progress, her current visa is a Tier 4 DES visa and i am on a Tier 4 DES dependent visa. Our current visa expires soon (2 weeks).

Can I apply under dependant FLR(M) before my wife gets a decision because she may not get a response before 2 weeks?

I've been reading about placing one application pending an outcome of another application? Is this true, is it possible? How does it work?

Can they refuse my application because I submitted before my wife application's is decided on?

Please can you help?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR & FLR confusion. Help!

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:42 am

Why have you register a second username to ask the same questions when you have already received advice? Multiple usernames is not permitted. Which one do you wish to keep??

member/Benbenben/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ChuckTenants
BANNED
Sierra Leone

Post by ChuckTenants » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 am

Sorry I'm not following you here. :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 am

ChuckTenants wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 am
Sorry I'm not following you here. :?
Not sure what you are "not following"!

Posting using two usernames is not permitted. You already have username "Benbenben" so why have you register another username from the same static IP address to ask the same question again???

indefinite-leave-to-remain/spouse-depen ... l#p1664907
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ChuckTenants
BANNED
Sierra Leone

Post by ChuckTenants » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:09 am

Several people having the same (external) IP is one thing. Assuming it is the same person isn't.

I am not Benben. If the same IP address is anything to go by then I can only imagine it'll be either be my wife bernice or my cousin bernard or someone else (flat share multiple devices and flat mates)

Bernie told me about this site and how helpful it is. Hence my search for assistance.

Why not decipher the internal (not external) IPs and see if it's the same devices. Sharing external IPs has been happening for decades now.

IF YOU CANNOT HELP DO NOT HINDER! I hope you can follow that.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:52 am

Wife should use SET(LR), if applying under Long residence. See also Dependants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.