ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it ok to contact Sheffield Decision Making Centre directly?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

grimp
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Home office emailed me for TB test by mistake

Post by grimp » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am

Hello there,

I'm an applicant from Saudi Arabia, a country that is not required for TB testing. However today I received an automated message from the Sheffield Decision Making Centre asking me for a TB certificate. What do I do?

My country is not on the list and we don't have TB testing centres approved by the Home Office. Was this a mistake? Would the Home Office understand if I replied to their email explaining the situation?

I'm very worried by application would be rejected. Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Home office emailed me for TB test by mistake

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:45 am

grimp wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:42 am
Was this a mistake?
Yes.
grimp wrote:
Would the Home Office understand if I replied to their email explaining the situation?
Yes. Or contact your Tier 4 sponsor and ask them to liaise with the Home Office on your behalf.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

grimp
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by grimp » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 am

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:45 am
grimp wrote:
Was this a mistake?
Yes.
grimp wrote:
Would the Home Office understand if I replied to their email explaining the situation?
Yes. Or contact your Tier 4 sponsor and ask them to liaise with the Home Office on your behalf.
Thank you for the reply. They have given me a 10 day deadline to submit the TB certificate. I'm worried the process would be automatic and I would receive an automatic rejection. This is very stressful. :(

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:03 am

grimp wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 am
I'm worried the process would be automatic and I would receive an automatic rejection.
Hence, contact them to point out their mistake. Or, as I said, ask your university to do it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

grimp
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by grimp » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:08 am

sah10406 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:03 am
grimp wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 am
I'm worried the process would be automatic and I would receive an automatic rejection.
Hence, contact them to point out their mistake. Or, as I said, ask your university to do it.
Thank you, my friend. I just called the Home Office contact centre and they told me to reply to the email and explain the situation. I also emailed my University. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the support.

grimp
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Is it ok to contact Sheffield Decision Making Centre directly?

Post by grimp » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Hello there,

Following a mistake made by the Home Office, I googled Sheffield Decision Making Centre's phone number. Is it ok to call them directly to discuss the situation regarding my application? Or all communication has to go through UKVI contact centre?

Thanks.

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Is it ok to contact Sheffield Decision Making Centre directly?

Post by mcchances » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:58 pm

grimp wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:41 pm
Hello there,

Following a mistake made by the Home Office, I googled Sheffield Decision Making Centre's phone number. Is it ok to call them directly to discuss the situation regarding my application? Or all communication has to go through UKVI contact centre?

Thanks.
If you are a Tier 4 students visa applicant, contact your University's International Student Adviser and explain your issue. He/She may be able to contact UKVI on your behalf if the need arises.