ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourism visa for Grandmother (82)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NathanGalarza
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Tourism visa for Grandmother (82)

Post by NathanGalarza » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:17 pm

:roll: Hello forum please help me?
I'm due to apply for my grandmother's visa to the UK.
My Nun does not have any income and / or accounts to show onto her visa application however my partner and I will pay for her expenses for the time of her visit.
Q.
Would this be an issue for her visa to be rejected
Thanks
Nathan

Casa

Re: Tourism visa for Grandmother (82)

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:28 pm

The application is unlikely to succeed unless your Grandmother can submit strong evidence of social and economic ties to her home country. The Entry Clearance Officer will want to see that she is financially self-sufficient.

Does she have close family in her home country and own property?

If she is granted a visitor visa I strongly suggest that she takes out an insurance for medical cover as there is no free access to NHS treatment for visitors and any facilities used are invoiced at 150% of the costs. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.