ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Telephone Interview - TIER 1 Entrepreneur visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asphand
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Telephone Interview - TIER 1 Entrepreneur visa

Post by asphand » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:00 am

Hi,

I got interviewed last week on the telephone for the initial application. My partner hasn't been interviewed. I have applied from Islamabad and I wasn't able to search the thread for anyone with a similar experience. Is it common for initial applicants to be interviewed via telephone? Also, the connection was bad and it kept getting cut so I could not possibly respond to the questions in the best manner possible.

Regards,

Malik

Rockey
Member of Standing

Re: Telephone Interview - TIER 1 Entrepreneur visa

Post by Rockey » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Mostly interviewed face to face but now a days being interviewed by phone as well..so its common , u dont need to worry , it depends all how you did present your business plan etc..
Best Regards

Rockey

asphand
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asphand » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:13 am

Thanks Rockey really appreciate your response. I believe our business plan is comprehensive and provides good details, however, my concern was regarding the telephone interview due to the bad connection and whether the person taking the interview would be able to relay the answers properly to the ECO.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:45 am

Well it was beyond your control so cant say anything but should be ok as long as you have answered properly, if anything else HO wants they may come back to you ! Hope for best.
Best Regards

Rockey

asphand
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asphand » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:32 am

Thankyou...I just received another email from HO that now they want to interview my partner via video link in 2 weeks.

Rajesh singla
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh singla » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:30 am

Hi
I am also going for video interview next week. I want some information from you, if possible, please answer these questions. Thanks
1. In which language you give interview?
2. Which type of question they ask?
3. How much time they take for interview?
4. If you receive your result?

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:01 am

asphand wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:00 am
Hi,

I got interviewed last week on the telephone for the initial application. My partner hasn't been interviewed. I have applied from Islamabad and I wasn't able to search the thread for anyone with a similar experience. Is it common for initial applicants to be interviewed via telephone? Also, the connection was bad and it kept getting cut so I could not possibly respond to the questions in the best manner possible.

Regards,

Malik
when did u apply and when did u receive interview email. good luck with ur application result...

asphand
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asphand » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 am

Hi Rajesh,

Unfortunately, I received a refusal which was based on very lame subjective reasoning. To order your questions:

1. The interview was conducted in English as I mentioned in my application to be interviewed in English.
2. They asked around 44-45 questions. I can send you the questions if you email me on email address removed by moderator
3. I was interviewed by an inexperienced typist who typed my responses and shared them with an ECO. I asked for the interview transcript and when it was received the answers did not match the ones I gave during the interview.
4. Got a refusal and we have been running the same business in developing countries around the world for over 22 years! Who is the ECO to question my ability as a Genuine Entrepreneur. I bet he doesn't know a single thing about running a business and is here to judge me?!
Rajesh singla wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:30 am
Hi
I am also going for video interview next week. I want some information from you, if possible, please answer these questions. Thanks
1. In which language you give interview?
2. Which type of question they ask?
3. How much time they take for interview?
4. If you receive your result?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:55 am

asphand wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 am
Hi Rajesh,

Unfortunately, I received a refusal which was based on very lame subjective reasoning. To order your questions:

1. The interview was conducted in English as I mentioned in my application to be interviewed in English.
2. They asked around 44-45 questions. I can send you the questions if you email me on email address removed by moderator
3. I was interviewed by an inexperienced typist who typed my responses and shared them with an ECO. I asked for the interview transcript and when it was received the answers did not match the ones I gave during the interview.
4. Got a refusal and we have been running the same business in developing countries around the world for over 22 years! Who is the ECO to question my ability as a Genuine Entrepreneur. I bet he doesn't know a single thing about running a business and is here to judge me?!
DO NOT post personal contact details on the forum. This is NOT permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rajesh singla
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh singla » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:45 am

Ok
Thanks

Rajesh singla
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajesh singla » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:50 am

If possible,post question in this forum.
Thanks

MEMO551993
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by MEMO551993 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 am

Hi @asphand and all

Indeed, I have a phone interview next week and I'd appreciate it if you can share with me what happened over the phone so I can overcome. many thanks

skp ID is xxxxxx

eml: xxxxxxxx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:35 am

MEMO551993 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 am
Hi @asphand and all

Indeed, I have a phone interview next week and I'd appreciate it if you can share with me what happened over the phone so I can overcome. many thanks

skp ID is xxxxxx

eml: xxxxxxxx
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules. Posting of personal contact info is not permitted to be posted on the forum for your own safety. Everyone here is a stranger and we have many scammers and spammera who trawl the forum every day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

connect2vishal
Newly Registered

Post by connect2vishal » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi

Can you please send me the questions asked to my email address removed by moderator!!!

Much appreciate your help.

Thanks