ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year ILR (Missing One Passport)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kaddet
Newly Registered

10 Year ILR (Missing One Passport)

Post by Kaddet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:00 am

Dear Forum,

I'm hoping you can help me with my query. Mine is hopefully straight forward. October 2018 will make it 10 years of living in the UK.

1.5 Year - Tier 4 (Student)

2 Years - Tier 1 (Post Study Work)

2.5 Years - Marriage Visa

4 Years - Refugee

I claimed refugee status, as my marriage broke up, and I was eligible for refugee status. The process was very straight forward, and throughout this period my visa was valid.

Now I would like to apply for ILR, I believe as my case is quite straight forward I can apply at a Premium Service Center. I only have one issue. When I was applying for refugee status, the Home Office collected one of my passports (my valid passport at that time). I still have in my possession the first passport I came to the U.K with (which has my original visa). The passport collected does not contain any U.K visa, as all other visas where on bio-metrics.

My questions:

1. Can I apply for for ILR at a Premium Center without the passport, and inform them this is not missing, but with the Home Office

2. Should I request the passport back from the Home Office? Can anyone tell me the process for this, as when I checked how to request document back from the Home Office, the link inform me this cannot be used by people who applied for Asylum. https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

The page instructs me to contact the Case Officer – as my case was approved four years ago, I no longer know whom my Case Officer is.

I really do think my case is straight forward and will appreciate any assistance with this please.

Thanks all!

Kaddet
Newly Registered

Re: 10 Year ILR (Missing One Passport)

Post by Kaddet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi all,

I will very much appreciate any help or response I can get on the above.

Thanks all please.