ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by sabrinagul » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 am
sabrinagul wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 am
Hi all,

Thought I would update you as I rang the UKVi today..
The visa is on 54 working days, however, I have only received the first email from them on the 15th June to say they had received the documents in Sheffield. Since then i havent heard from anyone, or received my documents back so i was getting a little worried.

The lady i spoke to said it is still awaiting decision but was last updated on the 25th June :/ I dont understand how it hasnt been updated in over a month! Seems like a very long time but then i dont know how long they take to go through all the documents!
I can't escalate ofc because it hasn't been 60 days yet..
Has anyone else applied a while ago and not received documents back???

i did send a prepaid envelope too!
Hi sabrina,

Don't worry too much.. we didn't get any updates for awhile also and only just two days before the 60 BD was finished is when the decision was made so dont give up. Give it a few more days and just before 60 BD, try and follow up, you might get an update then. Is your priority or just standard application? As other have pointed out, if it's non priority.. it could take up to 60 BD for any updates so hold on tight and wait. Good luck to you.

Hi :)

Thank you, that is encouraging! I just wish there was some kind of tracker that I could check lol.. Mine was non-priority, so it will be 60 working days on the 16th August, still some time left :roll:
Today is the 54th Day..

Did you contact them for them to tell you a decision was made, or did you receive a call/email from them?

I hope it's not too long now.. I wish there were more timelines for Tunisia/North Africa so i could have some sort of idea of how long they usually take!

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:56 pm

sabrinagul wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
sabrinagul wrote:
Hi all,

The visa is on 54 working days, however, I have only received the first email from them on the 15th June to say they had received the documents in Sheffield. Since then i havent heard from anyone, or received my documents back so i was getting a little worried.

The lady i spoke to said it is still awaiting decision but was last updated on the 25th June :/ I dont understand how it hasnt been updated in over a month! Seems like a very long time but then i dont know how long they take to go through all the documents!

Hi sabrina,

Don't worry too much.. we didn't get any updates for awhile also and only just two days before the 60 BD was finished is when the decision was made so dont give up. Give it a few more days and just before 60 BD, try and follow up, you might get an update then. Is your priority or just standard application? As other have pointed out, if it's non priority.. it could take up to 60 BD for any updates so hold on tight and wait. Good luck to you.

Thank you, that is encouraging! I just wish there was some kind of tracker that I could check lol.. Mine was non-priority, so it will be 60 working days on the 16th August, still some time left :roll:
Today is the 54th Day..

Did you contact them for them to tell you a decision was made, or did you receive a call/email from them?

I hope it's not too long now.. I wish there were more timelines for Tunisia/North Africa so i could have some sort of idea of how long they usually take!
Hi Sabrina,

Yes, you're right. It would have been better if we were able to track the whole process but unfortunately that's how it is.

Just to give you an idea, I called last week (55th BD) however there was no update, the guy on the line said it was awaiting a decision. At that point, I was really down and was scared it might take longer than 60 BD. I decided to call again yesterday (58 BD) and that's when I was told that the decision has already been made for my wife and daughter on Monday. Just this morning, they got an email from VFS to collect their passports so i'm hoping good news will be waiting for us.

As I suggested, give it a few more days and try to contact around 58-60 BD if they hadn't contacted you yet at that point. No harm in asking and it gives you some piece of mind.

Gunner786
Mood:

Post by Gunner786 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 pm

mysterylady11 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:59 pm
Gunner786 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:53 pm
Posted my documents on 27th july and signed for on 30th. Still no email that they have received it.
Any idea how long it usually takes to get that email?

Application date -21st July
Date of biometrics- 27th July
Documents sent to Sheffield - 27 ( signed for 30th July)
Email that documents received - None

Same here, they signed for it the 30th and I’ve recieved no email whatsoever
Did u do priority sis?

Pray4us123
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Re: waiting for a decision

Post by Pray4us123 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 pm

pplication Category: Spouse (Wife) Non - Priority.
Application Submitted Online: 7th June
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad, Pakistan
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 22nd june
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield: 20th June
Supporting Documents Received At Sheffield: 21st June
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield: 3rd July
Email received: 25th July
Employer Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): - 27th July
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): - 27th July I made a few errors in my call, like my gross monthly pay, as i was at work and outside in heat, number completely eluded me, i've got a bad memory as it is so struggled, now feeling rather down and worried, Basic questions I should have right. My employment is above board but my memory isn't. feel like strangling myself.

8th July: Phoned and said no decision has been made

Decision Made: -
Contacted For Collection: -
Collection Made: -
Decision Of Application: -
Validity Of Visa: -

Please Pray for me and all those in a similar position

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 pm
mysterylady11 wrote:
Gunner786 wrote:
Posted my documents on 27th july and signed for on 30th. Still no email that they have received it.

Did u do priority sis?

Yes I did ,did you ?

Gunner786
Mood:

Post by Gunner786 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am

mysterylady11 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 pm
Gunner786 wrote:
mysterylady11 wrote:
Gunner786 wrote:

Did u do priority sis?

Yes I did ,did you ?
Yes priority. But 2nd case now 1st one was refused as they said employment wasnt genuine and relationship wasnt subsisting

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 am

sevendust12 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:56 pm
sabrinagul wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:
sabrinagul wrote:
Hi all,

Hi sabrina,

Today is the 54th Day..

Hi Sabrina,

Yes, you're right. It would have been better if we were able to track the whole process but unfortunately that's how it is.

Just to give you an idea, I called last week (55th BD) however there was no update, the guy on the line said it was awaiting a decision. At that point, I was really down and was scared it might take longer than 60 BD. I decided to call again yesterday (58 BD) and that's when I was told that the decision has already been made for my wife and daughter on Monday. Just this morning, they got an email from VFS to collect their passports so i'm hoping good news will be waiting for us.

As I suggested, give it a few more days and try to contact around 58-60 BD if they hadn't contacted you yet at that point. No harm in asking and it gives you some piece of mind.

Yes I think I will ring again on the 60th day if I haven't heard from them first!

I've been seeing some people say they are checking online and it still says awaiting decision? Where is it that they are checking for this? The only website I can check for any kind of update if the TLS website for Tunisia, but even that doesn't really give any info..

I really hope it is good news for you InshaAllah :) Let us know the outcome!

Do you mind me asking you what country you applied in, and was yours priority?

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Liverpool48 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am

21 weeks tomorrow for a non priority fiancé visa from Russian Federation.

About 5 escalations raised, letter from MP to home office and 2 further phone calls from MP and all we have had back since 12 week point is 3 emails with standard text saying decision will be made soon, thank you for patience.

Feels like UKVI have no accountability to tax payers to explain reasons for delays. It seems once the 12 week sla is missed there is no further urgency to resolve.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Khayrulewara wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:32 pm
Nabeela78680 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:15 pm
70 days and no responce and i even had priorty service done; 😡
Not even got my documents back
Aanyone else done priorty and is waitinng as long??
I'm did non priority and it's been 119 working days applied in January and still no update don't know why it is taking so long I got my docs back on the 2nd month
Have u got outcome yet?

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 pm

sabrinagul wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 am
sevendust12 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:56 pm
sabrinagul wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:

Hi sabrina,

Today is the 54th Day..

Hi Sabrina,

Yes I think I will ring again on the 60th day if I haven't heard from them first!

I've been seeing some people say they are checking online and it still says awaiting decision? Where is it that they are checking for this? The only website I can check for any kind of update if the TLS website for Tunisia, but even that doesn't really give any info..

I really hope it is good news for you InshaAllah :) Let us know the outcome!

Do you mind me asking you what country you applied in, and was yours priority?
Hi Sabrina,

I didn't have the option to check online so I cannot comment on what others are saying about tracking it online.

We applied from Hong Kong on May 12th and did the Biometrics on May 16 (Non priority - Standard).

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 am
asingh42 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:17 am
sevendust12 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 am
Miyash wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:00 pm

best of luck dear.plz update us about any news.
Hi Miyash,

Thank you, will keep everyone updated. Just letting all know that the VFS emailed today for collection. My wife will go tomorrow, will let everyone know the outcome.

For all that are still waiting, good luck and dont give up. Be patient and God will bless you all with positive news soon.
This is such good news best of luck may you soon be united with your family. I am still waiting and hoping to hear back as today marks 64 BD.
Thank you very much. Fingers crossed that when they pick up the passports, visas will be included. I forgot but is your application for your spouse only or do you have a dependent as well?
hi sevedust12
did not your wife go for passport collection till yet??

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:47 pm

Miyash wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
asingh42 wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:42 am

Hi Miyash,

Thank you, will keep everyone updated. Just letting all know that the VFS emailed today for collection. My wife will go tomorrow, will let everyone know the outcome.

For all that are still waiting, good luck and dont give up. Be patient and God will bless you all with positive news soon.
This is such good news best of luck may you soon be united with your family. I am still waiting and hoping to hear back as today marks 64 BD.
Thank you very much. Fingers crossed that when they pick up the passports, visas will be included. I forgot but is your application for your spouse only or do you have a dependent as well?
hi sevedust12
Hi Miyash,

My wife went yesterday but she accidentally forgotten to bring along the collection receipts with her. She only realised at the centre that she's left it at home and they wouldn't let her collect them without it. She's going back today. I will let everyone know the outcome soon.

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:47 pm
Miyash wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:02 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
asingh42 wrote:

hi sevedust12
Hi Miyash,

My wife went yesterday but she accidentally forgotten to bring along the collection receipts with her. She only realised at the centre that she's left it at home and they wouldn't let her collect them without it. She's going back today. I will let everyone know the outcome soon.
aww Allah bless u and your family.best of luck.

ramkumarvsd
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkumarvsd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Application Category: settlement - dependent 8yr child (second application)- Non - Priority.
Application Submitted Online: 28th Jan
Bio-metrics & Passport Submission (Location): VFS Kochi, India
Bio-metrics & Passport Submission (Date): 05th Feb
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield: 12th Feb
Supporting Documents Received At Sheffield: 16th Feb
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield: 30th Mar
Employer Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): - No
IHS mail requesting the fees : 30th April
IHS fee paid : 30th April
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): - Several calls and escalations only got standard answer that application under process.
Decision Made: -
Contacted For Collection: -
Collection Made: -
Decision Of Application: -

Entered into 6th month without any sign of progress. Not contacted MP yet as there seems to be no use from other users.

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am
mysterylady11 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 pm
Gunner786 wrote:
mysterylady11 wrote:

Did u do priority sis?

Yes I did ,did you ?
Yes priority. But 2nd case now 1st one was refused as they said employment wasnt genuine and relationship wasnt subsisting
Aww sorry to hear, I received my supporting doc s back today but still no email from them.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:29 pm

I was called for today by ukvi related to my spouse visa;
I was asked about my employment;
I went wrong on one question?
Do u think that would affect my case?
My company director ive never ever dealt with him and ive always dealt with my boss and i mentioned my boss name as company director
Someone please tell me would my one wrong answer effect my spouses case?

Aqib1992
Pakistan

Post by Aqib1992 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Nabeela78680 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:29 pm
My company director ive never ever dealt with him and ive always dealt with my boss and i mentioned my boss name as company director

You will be fine In'sha'Allah

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Aqib1992 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:35 pm
Nabeela78680 wrote:

Please do dua that i be fine & get a positive result so tensed tbh

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Gujarkhan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 pm

Nabeela78680 wrote:

They called you again. I thought they had already called u regarding employment.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 am

Miyash wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:57 pm
asingh42 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:22 pm

Yes, I got all the documents back on June 27th. Funny as they returned everything including photocopies I made for them.. I was in the assumption that a decision would be made soon after they sent it back but I guess not.
Yh it is such a stressfull period being away from loved ones and the system doesn't make it easier to relieve stress. My 12 weeks end on the 1st August 2018 and have fingers crossed seeing as they have already contacted me about my employment a month ago that they would take a decision. I am just dreading that they don't send me the not straightforward email and delay the whole process.
Hey all, just a quick update. I called the hotline and the guy said decision has already been made for my wife and daughter. He said in the system, it shows as last updated yesterday. Does anyone know the turnaround time to collect the passports from VFS?
Hi Miyash

The wait is finally over for us and I’m happy to say that my wife and daughter visas has been approved. It’s such a relief and I’m so grateful for all the members that have helped in answering questions and prayers.

This is my final timeline:

Application Category: Spouse (Wife) and 1 Child (Non priority)
Application Submitted Online: 12/May/2018
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Hong Kong
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 16/May/2018
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : tracking shows received on 22/May/2018
Acknowledgment Email: Received on 20/June/2018
IHS Payment Email: Received on 20/June/2018 for Daughter. Paid the amount the following day and emailed for confirmation.

Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 27/June/2018
Employer Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): NA
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): NA

Decision Made : 6/August/2018
Contacted For Collection : 8/August/2018
Collection Made : 10/August/2018
Decision Of Application : Approved
Validity Of Visa: Valid till May 13, 2021

For everyone that’s awaiting their approval, be patience and you all will be in my prayers that the visas will be approved and you’ll be reunited soon.

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 am

Gujarkhan wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 pm
Nabeela78680 wrote:

They called you again. I thought they had already called u regarding employment.
Yes called me twice
They go they had to do it again
Do dua please everyone

Aqib1992
Pakistan

Post by Aqib1992 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 am

Nabeela78680 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 pm
Aqib1992 wrote:
Nabeela78680 wrote:

In'sha'Allah Please keep me in your duas

Nabeela78680

Post by Nabeela78680 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:10 am

Aqib1992 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 am
Nabeela78680 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 pm
Aqib1992 wrote:
Nabeela78680 wrote:

In'sha'Allah Please keep me in your duas
Insha Allah you will get a good response too

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 am
Miyash wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:
asingh42 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Yh it is such a stressfull period being away from loved ones and the system doesn't make it easier to relieve stress. My 12 weeks end on the 1st August 2018 and have fingers crossed seeing as they have already contacted me about my employment a month ago that they would take a decision. I am just dreading that they don't send me the not straightforward email and delay the whole process.
Hey all, just a quick update. I called the hotline and the guy said decision has already been made for my wife and daughter. He said in the system, it shows as last updated yesterday. Does anyone know the turnaround time to collect the passports from VFS?
Hi Miyash

The wait is finally over for us and I’m happy to say that my wife and daughter visas has been approved. It’s such a relief and I’m so grateful for all the members that have helped in answering questions and prayers.

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : tracking shows received on 22/May/2018
IHS Payment Email: Received on 20/June/2018 for Daughter. Paid the amount the following day and emailed for confirmation.

For everyone that’s awaiting their approval, be patience and you all will be in my prayers that the visas will be approved and you’ll be reunited soon.
MashAllah congrats dear...really happy for u lot.wish u very happy family life ahead..remember us in your prayers.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Miyash wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 am
Miyash wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:

Hi Miyash

MashAllah congrats dear...really happy for u lot.wish u very happy family life ahead..remember us in your prayers.
Thank you Miyash for your kind words.. I will pray for you and for everyone here waiting for their visas. May everyone have good fortune and be reunited with their loved ones soon. God will provide in right time.

Can you provide your timeline please?