ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Outizzatetouane
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Outizzatetouane » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:10 pm

rohwan007 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:32 pm
Outizzatetouane wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:04 pm
rohwan007 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:58 am
Hi all,
I recently applied for EEA family permit from Nepal and it got refused after 12 working days.Reason of refusal was that I was unable to prove my mother ( Portugese Citizen) as an EEA national.However, my mother had sent her original documents directly to Sheffield and my supporting documents were scanned in VFS.
I am thinking of reapplying now. Does anyone know what supporting documents of my mother and I has to get scanned at VFS to minimize the chance of refusal? (PS: I am under 21 of age i.e. 18 years old)
It will be greatly appreciated if someone can help me with what documents I need scan at VFS.
Thanks,
Rohan
Hello Rohan,

Home office here in uk are the worse ever.

My first refusal was due to a home office fault where they thought that my brother and myself are the same person. Then my second one they refused claiming that they is no evidences that my mother is really my mother and I have to provide DNA TEST .

So from my experience I think you should provide a certificate of birth from your country with all the IDs from there you’re and your mother ones. Abd then photos of her with you since you were a kid . And as well if it’s posible and to avoid rejection DNA TEST confirming that that person is your mother. The rest would be her payslips a bank statements.
Thanks for your reply.
So did you provide DNA test? Also, I live in Nepal and my mother is in UK. So, is there anyway that I can do a DNA test? If yes, do you know how much it gonna cost?
Hello Rohan,

I didn’t, as I decided to appeal. On the hearing the judge was insisting in the DNA test but I gave my cosrcimstance and I stocked to that the certificate of birth (mine) was a Spanish and European one and uk should considere it as a British one.

In your case I think that is better to provide it. And your mother can do it from here there is some big labo that certify the relationship even if the third party is in other country.

So you have two options. First to appeal and try your chance and it will take more than a year and half. And the second one will be to provide all the evidences and get it in Max 3 months.

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Pion » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello,

I am sharing my experience when applying EEA family visa.

This is my third time for the application.
- The first time: I withdrawed the passport because I needed it for travelling. I waited for nearly 20 working days and got nothing.
- The second time: I got my passport, documents and refusal letter after 17 working days. Reason: I did not provide CSI - comprehensive sickness insurance.
- Place applied: Tls Warsaw, Poland
- Date submitted: 16th April 2018
- Bio-metrics taken: 23rd April
- UK Received application: 23rd April at the Visa Application centre in Warsaw.
- Passport received with refusal letter : 16th May, 2018

- The third time:
- Place applied: Tls Warsaw, Poland
- Date submitted: 1st June 2018
- Bio-metrics taken: 5th June
- UK Received application: 5th June at the Visa Application centre in Warsaw.
- EEA PR received: 31st July, 2018
- Passport received: 3rd August, 2018

Xhevi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Xhevi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Pion! Where are you from?

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:31 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:14 am
Hi Guys

I just feel like sharing this.

My mum got her EEA Family Permit (FP) on 22 March 2018 being her third application following two refusals.

I am a British citizen but my sister is a family member of eu citizen and they applied for her 3rd application on 7 March 2018 and got her FP on 22 March 2018 Abuja, Nigeria.

For first refusal in August 2017 n application made in June 2017, I posted it - was a wrong policy application (Regulation8), insufficient money transfer receipts 3 months receipts - but Home Office (HO) claimed they saw one) and having UK son who could cater for her mum, which was me.
Hi Big Doddy

Your posts are very helpful so wanted to recognize that they are highly appreciated. :-)

However can I please trouble to ask you a couple of questions for the future application that my family are considering to make to come live in the UK:

1) Similar to your situation, my brother is a family member of an EU national, currently, they live and work in UAE. However, after a few months, my brother intends to apply for an EEA FP to move to this country with his wife.
My confusion is whether my dependent parents should apply for the EEA FP at the same time as him to join the EU family member in the UK? Or should they wait once my brother and his wife are resident in the UK to apply? Of course, the delay would mean his EU wife to exercise her treaty rights in order to successfully sponsor my parents so they can show their financials and accommodation to host my parents which won't be required if we went for the first option.

2) The second question is in relation to your above-quoted text, where the UKBA said having a son in the UK could also cater for the dependent mum. So again, I will be in the same situation as I have lived and worked in the UK for the past 2.5 years so technically could also cater for my parents. So how did you challenge them back on this?

3)Finally, is it correct if my dependent parents or brother applied for an EEA family permit after BREXIT, then once successful they don't need to apply for the Residence Card to lawfully continue to reside in the UK but, instead need to apply directly for the Pre-settled status?

Hope you don't mind me asking these questions as I am only trying to plan and prepare the best route for my dependent and retired parents to come to the UK to live with us where they can be taken care of.

Thanks in advance.

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi Big Doddy

Your posts are very helpful so wanted to recognize that they are highly appreciated. :-)

However can I please trouble to ask you a couple of questions for the future application that my family are considering to make to come live in the UK:

1) Similar to your situation, my brother is a family member of an EU national, currently, they live and work in UAE. However, after a few months, my brother intends to apply for an EEA FP to move to this country with his wife.
My confusion is whether my dependent parents should apply for the EEA FP at the same time as him to join the EU family member in the UK? Or should they wait once my brother and his wife are resident in the UK to apply? Of course, the delay would mean his EU wife to exercise her treaty rights in order to successfully sponsor my parents so they can show their financials and accommodation to host my parents which won't be required if we went for the first option.

2) The second question is in relation to your above-quoted text, where the UKBA said having a son in the UK could also cater for the dependent mum. So again, I will be in the same situation as I have lived and worked in the UK for the past 2.5 years so technically could also cater for my parents. So how did you challenge them back on this?

3)Finally, is it correct if my dependent parents or brother applied for an EEA family permit after BREXIT, then once successful they don't need to apply for the Residence Card to lawfully continue to reside in the UK but, instead need to apply directly for the Pre-settled status?

Hope you don't mind me asking these questions as I am only trying to plan and prepare the best route for my dependent and retired parents to come to the UK to live with us where they can be taken care of.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Hello

The answer to the first question is: it is possible for your dependent parent(s) to apply at the same time to accompany their family member(s) if they are living in the same household which UAE (the discretion to grant or refuse rests with Home Office (HO). It doesn’t matter who is sponsoring (either their daughter or son-in-law would suffice and provided they are lawfully married... put sufficient evidence of living together). However, if they are living in different countries they need to come to the uk before bringing them. Either of the sponsors needs to show they are working after the initial (first) 3 months to bring them. Once your parents are here, they don’t need sponsorship as their residence will suffice.

The answer to question No. 2 is: once you are not sponsoring your parents (by putting large sums into their bank account) or you have never invited them to UK. I invited my mum in 2014 so my sister couldn’t lie on the application. However, we challenged it without a lawyer as I’m versed in the Regulations and they (HO) withdrew before the hearing and overturned their shameful decision. However before all these legal struggles had ended, she reapplied with DNA to secure her visa with waiting for HO calling and emailing her to bring her passport without knowing she’d already got it. My advice is for u to stay clear of the EEA route as I had done.

Answer to Qes No. 3 is: yes, you are right. However application may be earlier than March 2019. As far as you brother-in-law arrived by 31 December 2020, your parents even if they are still in their country of origin will be able to come to the uk provided that their relationship started before the above date.

I did not proofread it. Hope this helps

Latoli
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Latoli » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 pm

zahngowar wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:57 am
we submitted my daughter's application on 27 June. paid for priority service. When we call UKVI we are told a decision has been made - but to date no documents/passport has been received. They go every day to TLS in Madrid, but no passport has been returned. Is there any other number I can call?

Did u get the passport back ?
z

Latoli
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Latoli » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:33 pm

fahma wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:18 pm
Hi everyone i apply EEA family permit paris france 4 june still no answer i call them they say decision was made 25 june i didn't get any email or my passport back yet they say with in 15 working days i will get answer but still waiting PLZ help did anyone se like my situation :?:

Same situation, did u get the passport back ?

fahma
Newly Registered
France

Post by fahma » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:41 am

No dear still waiting my husband call them the adviser tell him will mark as urgency we will get call within 3 days from Sheffield Visa Section the decision was made i don't know what is taking to long to send back , did u get any answer from them?

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:35 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm

The answer to question No. 2 is: once you are not sponsoring your parents (by putting large sums into their bank account) or you have never invited them to UK. I invited my mum in 2014 so my sister couldn’t lie on the application. However, we challenged it without a lawyer as I’m versed in the Regulations and they (HO) withdrew before the hearing and overturned their shameful decision. However before all these legal struggles had ended, she reapplied with DNA to secure her visa with waiting for HO calling and emailing her to bring her passport without knowing she’d already got it. My advice is for u to stay clear of the EEA route as I had done.
Hi again

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.

However I am unsure if I follow your advice - are you discouraging me not apply for the EEA application for my dependent parents? Apologies if I have misunderstood it.

Secondly, I did sponsor my parent's tourist visa application which unfortunately got rejected last week and I was hoping to re-apply with more supporting evidence. But it seems like it might be too late to overcome the damage for the future dependent EEA visa application as they can probably refer to my invitation as the eligible sponsor.

Can you please shed any recommendations on this? What sort of regulations did you refer to so I can prepare in advance if the HO doubts their application based on my recent tourist sponsorship?

Thanks again

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Sunshine86 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:35 pm
BIG Dobby wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi again

However I am unsure if I follow your advice - are you discouraging me not apply for the EEA application for my dependent parents? Apologies if I have misunderstood it.

Secondly, I did sponsor my parent's tourist visa application which unfortunately got rejected last week and I was hoping to re-apply with more supporting evidence. But it seems like it might be too late to overcome the damage for the future dependent EEA visa application as they can probably refer to my invitation as the eligible sponsor.

Can you please shed any recommendations on this? What sort of regulations did you refer to so I can prepare in advance if the HO doubts their application based on my recent tourist sponsorship?

Thanks again
Sunshine86

These applications are a very serious biz. How do you want HO to believe you don’t support your parents when you are inviting them over. Dependency of elderly family members should be evidenced by trails of paperwork like international money transfer receipts and corresponding bank statements, bills, receipts, evidence of living in the same household, council tax, shopping receipts, rent etc and must be financed by either the EEA national or their spouse. My advice is simple: either 1. Bring your parents to the uk on visitors visa where they become dependent on your sister/brother-in-law on arrival

or 2. Withdraw from this pursuit and allow the EEA national or spouse to sponsor their dependent family members by supporting their payment of accommodation, food and utilities. Once it is done over a period of 6 months, application can be made.

Pls I find very difficult to type. If you would like to pm me, seek permission of the moderators so we can discuss further. As requested, it is Regulation 7 of Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016 as amended

Latoli
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Latoli » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:24 pm

fahma wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:41 am
No dear still waiting my husband call them the adviser tell him will mark as urgency we will get call within 3 days from Sheffield Visa Section the decision was made i don't know what is taking to long to send back , did u get any answer from them?
Nothing .. i call them said to wait .. i don t know what do to , my husband really need his passport back .. anyway to be honest with this long time to wait i thibk is a refusal .. unfortunetly we still have to wait and spend from our time .. and also to stay separate from almost 4 month for us is the most hard .. good luck anyway

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 am

BIG Dobby wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Pls I find very difficult to type. If you would like to pm me, seek permission of the moderators so we can discuss further. As requested, it is Regulation 7 of Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016 as amended
Big Dobby

Thank you for our kind response, I do have further in regards to option 1) inviting parents on the tourist visa, therefore,

I have sent an email to Admin seeking permission to PM you so hopefully they should grant the permission sooner.

Thanks
Sunshine

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am

Sunshine86 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 am
BIG Dobby wrote:

Big Dobby

Thank you for our kind response, I do have further in regards to option 1) inviting parents on the tourist visa, therefore,

I have sent an email to Admin seeking permission to PM you so hopefully they should grant the permission sooner.

Thanks
Sunshine
'ADMIN' does NOT deal with emails and the day to day issues on the forum. I have tested your permissions and you have access to the PM privilege. It is Big Dobby that does not have access and cannot send or receive PMs.

Members are reminded to post in public so that all may benefit and any incorrect or dubious advice can be corrected and please remember that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers who post and go through the forum every day.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 am
Sunshine86 wrote:
BIG Dobby wrote:

Big Dobby

Thanks
Sunshine
'ADMIN' does NOT deal with emails and the day to day issues on the forum. I have tested your permissions and you have access to the PM privilege. It is Big Dobby that does not have access and cannot send or receive PMs.

Members are reminded to post in public so that all may benefit and any incorrect or dubious advice can be corrected and please remember that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers who post and go through the forum every day.
Dear CR001

Any particular reason(s) why I can neither send nor receive PMs?

Your urgent response is highly appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sunshine86 wrote:
BIG Dobby wrote:

Big Dobby

Thanks
Sunshine

Dear CR001

PM function is a privilege and can be withdrawn permanently, as yours was. Looking back to mid 2016 when you were spamming the forum and topics about MN1 and posting your personal contact details publicly and inviting members to contact you personally for Spouse visa assistance and to include their full contact details in an email.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm
BIG Dobby wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Sunshine86 wrote:

Big Dobby

Thanks
Sunshine

Dear CR001

PM function is a privilege and can be withdrawn permanently, as yours was. Looking back to mid 2016 when you were spamming the forum and topics about MN1 and posting your personal contact details publicly and inviting members to contact you personally for Spouse visa assistance and to include their full contact details in an email.
At least I proved all of you wrong! I succeeded and ALI97 succeeded from my candid advice. The way I understood HO policy is what it is. I have been succeeding to date

On this note, can you closed my account or tell me how to go about it as I am not a spammer. I got my time for something important.

Thanks for making your acquaintance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:16 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
BIG Dobby wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Dear CR001

At least I proved all of you wrong! I succeeded and ALI97 succeeded from my candid advice. The way I understood HO policy is what it is. I have been succeeding to date

On this note, can you closed my account or tell me how to go about it as I am not a spammer. I got my time for something important.

Many have been refused since your success.

Kindly post your deactivation request in the appropriate sub forum and topic.

comments-about-discussion-board/if-you- ... 92946.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:34 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:

Sunshine86

These applications are a very serious biz. How do you want HO to believe you don’t support your parents when you are inviting them over. Dependency of elderly family members should be evidenced by trails of paperwork like international money transfer receipts and corresponding bank statements, bills, receipts, evidence of living in the same household, council tax, shopping receipts, rent etc and must be financed by either the EEA national or their spouse. My advice is simple: either 1. Bring your parents to the uk on visitors visa where they become dependent on your sister/brother-in-law on arrival

or 2. Withdraw from this pursuit and allow the EEA national or spouse to sponsor their dependent family members by supporting their payment of accommodation, food and utilities. Once it is done over a period of 6 months, application can be made.

Big Dobby

Seems like I have to continue using this forum, so if you don't mind my consistent request in asking your suggestions, can you please assist with the below;

I think I might have asked you this earlier but unsure if I got the clear answer - could HO reject the EEA application for my parents on the basis that they have been sponsored by their daughter (Indian national) in the past? If so, then how did your sister/her EU family member fought against HO decision when in the similar situation?

Secondly, If I have to apply for the Option 1, would it matter if I sponsored my parents for the tourist visa to get them over here? OR should my parents try to get the visa on their own merit without my brother or mine sponsorship.
The latter would be difficult as they dont have enough financial means (they are retired) to pull off the tourist without showing substantial savings to prove they are genuine tourists, I think which is the whole point that they are financially reliant on their kids and hence I have sponsored them.

Finally, if they managed to get the UK on the tourist visa successfully, then when applying for the Pre-settled status, is my understanding correct that they wouldn't require to prove the dependency once in the UK? All we will need to provide is the residential documentation along with proof of identity OR do we still need to prove their dependency for the pre-settled status?

Thanks alot
Sunshine

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
BIG Dobby wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Dear CR001

Hi Big Dobby

I carefully followed your posts to ALI which eventually got him success at the end, therefore, I appreciate your time, advice and quick turnaround to reply as compared to other experienced members who haven't even replied to my single questions posted here.

Therefore please can I request you not to de-activate your account as I have had a lot of help from you so far and I am sure anyone who has/will read your suggestions/advice feels the same.

Although I understand on one hand that this forum doesn't allow any personal messages or details to be published here, however, they should not have banned you for something done with the good intention in 2016.

We should not forget this forum is to help one another rather than punishing people in the pursuit of that!

I hope and wish that moderators can be kind enough to remove the ban from your account.

Thanks
Sunshine

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Sunshine86 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:34 pm
[quote=
Big Dobby

Seems like I have to continue using this forum, so if you don't mind my consistent request in asking your suggestions, can you please assist with the below;

I think I might have asked you this earlier but unsure if I got the clear answer - could HO reject the EEA application for my parents on the basis that they have been sponsored by their daughter (Indian national) in the past? If so, then how did your sister/her EU family member fought against HO decision when in the similar situation?

Secondly, If I have to apply for the Option 1, would it matter if I sponsored my parents for the tourist visa to get them over here? OR should my parents try to get the visa on their own merit without my brother or mine sponsorship.
The latter would be difficult as they dont have enough financial means (they are retired) to pull off the tourist without showing substantial savings to prove they are genuine tourists, I think which is the whole point that they are financially reliant on their kids and hence I have sponsored them.

Finally, if they managed to get the UK on the tourist visa successfully, then when applying for the Pre-settled status, is my understanding correct that they wouldn't require to prove the dependency once in the UK? All we will need to provide is the residential documentation along with proof of identity OR do we still need to prove their dependency for the pre-settled status?

Thanks alot
Sunshine
Sorry I am leaving. You don’t understand these Regulations and this forum will be of little help to you. Seek the services of a solicitor! Most people don’t succeed bc of what I call ‘fear-factor’. Good bye

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 pm

BIG Dobby wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:49 pm
Sunshine86 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:34 pm
[quote=
Big Dobby

Thanks alot
Sunshine
Sorry I am leaving. You don’t understand these Regulations and this forum will be of little help to you. Seek the services of a solicitor! Most people don’t succeed bc of what I call ‘fear-factor’. Good bye
Ok, Thank you for all your help so far, I appreciate it. It's unfortunate that you have to take your decision to leave this because of someone else's actions.

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Pion » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Xhevi wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:30 pm
Hi Pion! Where are you from?
I am Vietnamese but live in Poland

Xhevi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Xhevi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 am

My wife is Polish but we have applied from Albania and we still waiting after 8 weeks of waiting!!

fahma
Newly Registered
France

Post by fahma » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:37 am

Same situation my husband he is polish am waiting all most 9 weeks

Pion
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Pion » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:49 pm

No news is a good news. I waited 9 weeks and got it. They refused me before after 3 weeks of applying.