ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit for a child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Family Permit for a child

Post by a.s.b.o » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 pm

I am an Irish national, my wife is a Russian national, our daughter - born in Russia in May 2018 and not yet an Irish citizen (via Foreign Born Register entry) is a Russian citizen, for who we applied for Family Permit to travel with us to UK in September, so that I can resume my work as a university lecturer in time for a new academic year. By the way of background, I hold Document Certifying Permanent Residence and my wife holds a Residence Card.

We applied about 3 weeks ago and the application process is very uncertain, e.g. there is no time indication. I went on to see how to contact UKBA/HO/Visa section/Whatever they are called now. I saw the following:

>>>>>>>

Contact UK Visas and Immigration in English
You can call or email English-speaking staff with a question about your application.

By phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration.
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays.
<<<<<<<<

My understanding that EEA applications enjoy firstly a "processed as soon as practically possible" approach and secondly, "can be applied directly to the visa-issuing body" with who the applicant "can enjoy free interaction". Of course, I paraphrase here. Clearly, the text on gov.uk does not live to that expectations.

What are our ways of contacting UKBA/HO/Visa section/Whatever they are called now? If time presses on, what would be the most effective ways of addressing the potential delay threatening our ability to travel, my right to be accompanied by a family member and many more other issues?

Thank you!

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Re: Family Permit for a child

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 pm

could someone be kind to advise us of the possible steps? In short, how do we contact the actual decision-making people or are we stuck with TLS gimmicks?

Thank you

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:27 pm

a.s.b.o wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 pm
What are our ways of contacting UKBA/HO/Visa section/Whatever they are called now? If time presses on, what would be the most effective ways of addressing the potential delay threatening our ability to travel, my right to be accompanied by a family member and many more other issues?
I presumi you looking for something more convenient than travelling back to the UK by train clutching a birth certificate and replacement passport for your daughter. (Or is there a problem crossing Belarus / the Ukraine?)

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Richard W wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:27 pm
a.s.b.o wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 pm
I presumi you looking for something more convenient than travelling back to the UK by train clutching a birth certificate and replacement passport for your daughter. (Or is there a problem crossing Belarus / the Ukraine?)
Hello Richard W, thank you for reaching out. I just want to make sure I understand correctly: you suggest that seeking Stamp 1A at the border to be the best solution?

Thank you

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 am

a.s.b.o wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 pm
Hello Richard W, thank you for reaching out. I just want to make sure I understand correctly: you suggest that seeking Stamp 1A at the border to be the best solution?
I think it's the most reliable method. However, I worry that it may be too late to get your daughter's passport back in time. Additionally, it may be a more stressful way of transporting an infant.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:33 pm

Just to provide an update. Both things worked out well for us. At the outset, our EEA Family Permit came through in under 6 weeks. Well done to Sheffield. We simultaneously applied for our baby-girl to be entered on a Ireland's Foreign Born Register to be recognised as an Irish citizen. While this takes next to 6-9 months in London, kudos go to Moscow's Irish embassy. We received the certificate and got issued with a passport in less than 3 months.