ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP validity after paying for a BRP (RC) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

plVJOu
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

BRP validity after paying for a BRP (RC) application

Post by plVJOu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Hey everyone,

I lost my BRP last week and filled the BRP (RC) online form at:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service

then paid the fee for the postal service, but my BRP was found and returned to me before I submitted the support documents by post. I'm aware from reading the guidelines that, once reported, a BRP is cancelled immediately and a replacement must be obtained, even if the BRP is found later. However, as I haven't submitted the support documents yet -- have I "reported" the loss? In other words, does filling the online form above and making payment count as "reporting a lost BRP"?

Part of the reason I'm not sure is that several people who have described their experiences with losing a BRP (in this forums and elsewhere online) said that they received an email from the Home Office saying their BRP was cancelled after they reported it lost (via email). I did not send any email to the Home Office and also did not receive any email relating to my BRP. All I did was fill the form and make the payment.

I called the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre twice to ask about the above but could not get a clear answer (got contradictory replies on the two occasions; "to proceed with submission" and "to cancel the application"). In the latter case I could not find any cancellation link or instructions on the online portal where I filled the application and made payment.

Has anyone been through a similar experience? any idea whether the BRP would still be valid in this case?

Thanks

4uvak

Re: BRP validity after paying for a BRP (RC) application

Post by 4uvak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Play safe and get a new BRP, especially if you already paid for this. I would assume it was cancelled. You don't want to get stoped at the airport because your BRP is not valid.