ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tamoni

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by tamoni » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:39 am

sorry, messed messed the date of application: 02/08/2018

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:57 pm

tamoni wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:39 am
Congrats :) lucky you :)

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:23 pm

JustAnotherHuman wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:04 pm
Hello,

This forum has been a huge help in filing my ILR application and I am happy to report that we got our ILR this month! :) Hence I thought I will share my experience here too.

I submitted my application (main applicant and dependent) using the online link.
Application type: SET(O) Tier 2 General, 5 years route.
We opted for the Premium service and it was worth it, didn't have the patience to wait for the results for months :)
Mode of application: Online (https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa) - "How to apply" section.
Application Centre: Croydon

With the online form the form filling process was very quick. I found the hard copy version to be very confusing. And the caseworker who checked our application initially actually thanked me for using the online facility :D 8)

So once you have filled in the online application form you will be asked to pay the fee and once you have done that you will be given the option to select an application centre. What I did is just took whichever centre had a date available and submitted the form. You have the option to change the centre as well as the date later.
Word of caution: Just make sure that you would be able to attend your appointment on the selected centre too, just in case your preferable centre does not become available (which I don't think would be a problem unless you are looking only few days in advance).
Like in my case Croydon showed that there were no appointments available for the next 45 days. But next day, around 8 am few slots became available. This was on a Monday. Rest of the days, according to my experience the slots open from 10 am to 1 pm mostly. The first slot I got was for 26th July and I was able to move it to 3rd July. So keep trying!

With the online form you will get 4 documents to print.
  • Online Form - The entire form you filled
  • Verification Checks Consent Form - You just need to sign on this form
  • Biometric Enrolment Letter - For the caseworker
  • Checklist - All the documents you have to produce on the day. Also has your appointment details.
I only submitted the documents which were required in my checklist along with a cover letter. The cover letter is not mandatory but since I had a few things to explain about my application I wrote one. I also provided a copy of all the documents, so I had two sets. This is important! The caseworker was delighted that I had a copy ready.

My Checklist documents were:
  • The passport or travel document for dependent (old and new)
  • Two passport photos for main applicant
  • Two passport photos for dependent
  • The passport issued for main applicant (old and new)
  • Main Applicant’s Life in the UK Test pass notification
  • Dependent's Life in the UK Test pass notification
  • Evidence of cohabitation (up to a maximum of two years). - I just gave council tax bills for last 2 years
  • Other evidence of main applicants's reasons for absences from the UK - Airline tickets (not sure if this was required because I also gave a letter in which my employer stated that all the workday holidays listed in the form were known to the company.)
  • Other evidence of dependent's reasons for absences from the UK - Airline tickets (only for travels after 18 January 2018 - This is according to the changes for the dependent's form.)
  • The official transcript or letter for main applicant to prove the level of English language required - I provided the medium certificate from my university in India
  • The official transcript or letter for dependent to prove the level of English language required
    Evidence of main applicant's immigration status in the UK - Just a copy of the BRP card
  • Your most recent payslip and your most recent bank/ building society statement. These must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application. - Just one month's salary slip and one month's bank statement which was provided by the bank (signed along with a cover letter saying I have an account with them since the year **** and my current balance is *****).
  • A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming that you are still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future - Letter from the company who sponsored me
  • NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched – Main applicant
  • NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched - Dependent
  • For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website – Main applicant - Provided the Certificate of sponsorship and self assessment letter which was provided when I first got the sponsorship
  • Current Biometric Residence Permit
Extra Documents (Provided for my piece of mind - not mandatory):
Absences sheet which calculated the number of days absent in these 5 years for main applicant as well as dependent.

NOTE:Depending upon what you fill in the online form, your checklist might change.

My case was pretty straightforward and I was not asked any questions on the appointment day regarding my application. It was nerve wracking to be doing this without using a solicitor, but I can very well say now that you don't need one if your case is simple.

Oh and I mistakenly entered the date of departure as the date of arrival in the form for 5 instances.
Now you cannot change any information on the online form once you have submitted it. So I just explained this mistake in my cover letter. Thankfully all was fine.

Hope this helped!

If you need any help around the templates from the employer, or any other details please ask.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum for writing down your experiences, they surely helped!

So you just submitted 2 council tax letters: for 2018 and 2017 and that's it? Nothing else? Just trying to sort out my proof of cohabitation :) Thanks.

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Smalls16 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:36 pm
dadageer wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:24 pm
My wife's ILR application approved on Thursday and here are the details:

1. Category. SET (M) SPOUSE VISA (5-year route)
2. Number of dependents:0 (Son who is Brirish citizen not a dependent)
3. Total cost. 2997.00
4. PEO branch: CARDIFF PSC
5. Documents

Wife Passport
My British Passport (sponsor)
Child British Passport
Birth Certificate Child
2x Photos each wife, mine (sponsor) and son [althought they kept only 1x wife 1x mine, returned both photos of son]
Marrigage Certificate (native language and translation)
Trinity College GESE 5 pass Certificate
Life in the UK Pass Certificate
Several GP and NHS letters son's name for proof of Address and showing parental responsibility
GP Registration letter for Family showing since when we are registered etc.

Financial Requirements:

Employer Letter confirming employment date, salary, job title , type of contract
My 8 months Bank statement
3 years P60
8 months pay slips
Signed contract/job offer and Job role

Proof of cohabitation/Address:

Water Bill 3 years (joint)
Council Tax 3 years (joint)
HSBC Bank Statements 3 years (joint)
GP Registration letter (showing all Family members)
NHS letters wife's name
2 years bank Statements Wife personal account
Several Receipts in my wife's name from different Retailers (Online Shopping)
Postal cards in mine and wife's name 3 years
Electric Bills my name
Sky Bills my name
TV license my name

Accomodation:

Mortgage Statements
Solicitors letters + Registry
House Inspection report (Independent body)

I'm applying soon and in the same situation (child born in the UK). Would you be able to help me with the following

-What sections did you have to fill out for you son?

-Did you have to request a letter from your GP confirming registration of son and parent responsibility.
Child:

Section 3 - Do you have any children together (tick)
3.6 - fill details of child

Section 12 - Documents
Children

Birth cert
passport child
Evidence child lives with us - all NHS letters/vaccine letters/HV letters
Letter from GP confirming registration of whole Family

Hope this helps
Not all those who wander are lost...

Smalls16
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by Smalls16 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Child:

Section 3 - Do you have any children together (tick)
3.6 - fill details of child

Section 12 - Documents
Children

Birth cert
passport child
Evidence child lives with us - all NHS letters/vaccine letters/HV letters
Letter from GP confirming registration of whole Family

Hope this helps
[/quote]

Thank you so much for your reply!

1. is it easy to get - "Letter from GP confirming registration of whole Family"

tamoni

Post by tamoni » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 pm

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:57 pm
tamoni wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:39 am
Congrats :) lucky you :)
Still cannot believe it to be honest.... :D

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:22 pm

manishsoni85 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:36 am
I will start by thanking each and every contributor on this forum.

Special thanks to @makky86 for replying to my 1st ever post here.

Finally after that long wait received an ILR status!!

1. Category: SET(O) from Tier 2 after completing 5 years
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £3074.00 (Saturday Appointment Out of Hours)
4. PSC branch: Cardiff
5. Documents provided.
  • Set(O) form. + 2 passport photo (1 returned ) + current passport + tier 2 BRP
  • Life in the UK Cert.
  • Master Degree (in the UK)
  • 2 months payslips (1 month is enough if you cant manage 2 months) + 2 months bank statement (1 month is enough if you cant manage 2 months)
  • Employer's letter (which showed SoC, current salary, absences, authentication of payslips (stamped) and expecting me to continue the employment)
  • P60 for the year 2017-2018
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: Nope
7. Merit Increase documents (not necessary)

A minor issue may be
I had an incorrect endorsement on my passport. An incorrect date was stamped on my recent when I recently arrived in UK (T4) from abroad. To address this concern, I did the following;
  • SAR made to UKVI which never arrived.
  • Emailed UKVI through complaints describing my concern but was told that the complaint is out of date as they only accept complaints up to 3 months from the date of the incident. I, however, told them to treat this out the remit of complaints as the change needs to be done regardless. The request was considered but till then I had already done below.
  • Then called UKVI helpline number 0300 123 2241, who were helpful and asked to contact Border force at Terminal 4. They provided the number to contact. Contacted Border Force on Friday, received a reply on Sunday (surprise!) confirming the discrepancy and asked me to proceed with the application without any worries.
  • Also provided a letter from my manager supporting my claim with approved leaves specifically for the year 2017 on company letterhead.
PSC appointment
  • 02 June 2018, 11:00 AM. Arrived and got a waiting number at 08:10 AM.
  • Handed over my applications at 08:35 am, got a token number for Biometrics.
  • Called for biometrics at 09:00 am.
  • Another call at 11:05 am with a good news :) They returned all documents to me except for application form and 1 PP photo.
06-June-2018, BRP delivered @11:12 am. As you may be aware UKVI does not provide you with tracking number but you can find out one by getting in touch with DX directly via their live chat. Be patient as live chat may be unavailable during busy periods. You can also try calling them but chances for connecting to CS is 1/20.

Happy to help anyone with any specific questions!!
Sorry to dig two month old post.. My case is similar to this.. i have an incorrect date stamped in my passport.. Could you please share Border force contact number ?

Or anyone in this forum know border force contact number ?

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:53 pm

First off, thanks to the moderators and other users for a lot of helpful information and answering my questions. Much appreciated.

Please note my employer has a tie-up with an immigration law firm, who had a paralegal present at the PSC (who very kindly did all the running around).

Details as follows:

2. Number of dependents: 1
3. Total cost: £5998.00
4. PSC: Croydon PEO

Documents:

1. 2 passport size photos each for Main Applicant and Dependent (with name on the back)
2. 4 Passports for Main Applicant and 4 Passports for Dependent (1 current, 3 previous)
3. 1 BRP card for Main Applicant, 1 BRP Card for Dependent + Previous Tier 2 UK visas for both
4. Original Trinity B1 Certificates for Main Applicant and Dependent
5. Original LITUK Test Pass Certificates for Main Applicant and Dependent
6. Cohabitation Documents: Various documents including Utility Bills, Bank Letters, NHS, Bank Statements etc for last 24 months (originals received by post, some to Main applicant, some to dependent, some joint)
7. Payslips certified by HR (for last three months) on employer letterhead
8. Signed payslip support letter printed on employer letterhead certifying e-payslips and eP60s are genuine
9. P60s for last 5 years and tax history letter from HMRC
10. Bank statement covering last 3 months (and showing corresponding credits matching the 3 payslips), printed in Halifax branch with stamps on each page. I also attached a business card for the Branch Manager
11. Employer Support Letter specifying SOC, Salary, Hours and Foreseeable future etc.
12. Completed SETO Form
13. Completed Absence Schedule (total absences 450 days approx over 5 years - I travel a fair bit for work), for Main Applicant and Dependent printed and signed on the employer letterhead.
14. Original Marriage Certificate
15. Current Tenancy Agreement
16. Cover Letter

At PSC:

10:15 am appointment. Entered at 10 am.
First in the queue to get the ticket 10-15 am
10:30 am - Called for Registeration (Took 15-20 mins as IT systems were slow)
10:50 am - Biometrics
11:00 am - Biometrics completed
11:15 am - Awaiting Consideration
11:40 am - Under Consideration
1:20 pm - Ticket number announced on PA system for collection
1:30 pm - Paralegal collected the document folder and handed over approval letters for Main applicant and dependent as well as most original documents (HO kept the original employer support letter and absences support letter)

No questions asked, No calls from caseworker.

BRP expected in 7-10 working days. Will update once received.

Should anyone have any questions, please let me know. Happy to be of help.

shano
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by shano » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:32 am

Hi long time passive reader of these forums and want to firstly say a big THANK YOU to all who have shared their experiences. They have been a huge help in this whole process and have answered many of my FAQ's.

Date: 08/08/2018

1. Category: ILR Ancestry
3. Total cost. £2999
4. PEO branch: Liverpool PSC
5. Documents provided:
-- Covering Letter (refererencing Part 5 Paragraph 192 of the Immigration Rules)
-- SET(O) VERSION 07/2018
-- 2 x Photos (name on back)
-- Passports - Current & Old containing Ancestry Visa
-- Birth Certificates - Mine, Mother, Maternal Grandfather
-- Statutory Declaration (last name change through usage)
-- Docs from Grandfather's employers referring to his original last name
-- Passport Grandfather
-- Life in the UK pass letter
-- Accountant's Letter of Confirmation (basically everything in SA302 but with accountants letterhead)
-- Unaudited accounts FY 17-18
-- SA302 Calculation
-- Tax Return FY 17-18
-- Letter from Employer (though I am technically self-employed)
-- Invoices to Employer
-- Bank Statements 6 months
-- Income for FY 18-19 to date (own spreadsheet)
-- Expenses for FY 19-19 to date (own spreadsheet)
-- COPIES OF ALL OF THE ABOVE IN COLOUR
-- Print out of payment confirmation and checklist (they just want to see right person + paid)
6. Absences more than 180 days: No

7. Any Additional Comments:
Had a lot of concerns going into the whole process especially as I hadn't completed a full 5 years, and had to have ORIGINAL docs posted to me from home.
My first piece of advice which to most of you may seem obvious but the SET(O) form needs to be the LATEST version - I only realised this a couple of days before the actual appointment so got a bit of a fright.

I'm also self employed and although I've been told that the employment threshold is lower for ancestry than other categories, I made sure this year to get a chartered accountant to produce the Accountant's Letter and my "Unaudited Accounts" (sounds unofficial but is actually fine). In the end the Accountant could only offer his confirmation on the information I had provided (spreadsheets and bank account info) so resolved himself of as much responsibility as possible informing me that this was standard practice.
Nevertheless I didn't want to take any chances on the documents required and if anything the Accountant's Letterhead beefed up the application. My income fluctuates throughout the year as a self employed musician and I worried a lot about the finances section particularly.

The SET(O) form in itself is quite confusing as to what you are and not supposed to fill in, thanks again to past posts in these forums for clarification. Section 9 for example was not relevant to Ancestry. I referred to Part 5 of the immigration rules which are easily found online.

The best form of reassurance/information was from people's experiences of the process. I'm lucky to have some friends and acquaintances who had recently been through it and their knowledge was invaluable, more so than an immigration lawyer who just pointed me towards the immigration rules online. The UK Visa's and Immigration call centre was rubbish as posted here.

Life in the UK test tips - Get the free APPS and use them whenever you have a minute. Write notes on the chapters in the book or study it whatever works best for you. The Online tests from one of the non-official books were helpful aswell.
Getting on Google/Wikipedia/YouTube and putting faces to the names helped immensely.
BBC In Our Time podcast was good for History as well as Simon Schama's history documentary series.

I had a backup folder of past SA302's/P60's/Payslips/Proof of Address/Lease/HMRC docs from the past 5 years ready to go incase asked for but they weren't required.

I had 2 folders, 1 for originals and 1 for copies. I put the documents in the exact same order in both and matched it to the documents checklist for the caseworker but didn't do any fancy indexing or post-its as I'd been told that people had just been told in other centres to take everything out.

Premium Service Centre:
Arrival Time: 08:52
Appointment Time: 09:30
Decision Made: 11:15

Lastly when they called me up to check the information they had misspelled something so make sure to double check. The fact that I'd been approved seemed like an afterthought for them, "Oh by the way you've been approved"
Every single member of staff at the centre were helpful and friendly, was surprised that they are processing things right there behind the desks as you sit a few feet away.

koconnor
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by koconnor » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Thanks for all the useful tips people! Five years on we had an appointment this morning:
SET(M) No dependants Both retired 63 and 59
£2999
Belfast (unexpectantly plush offices, calm and with only a couple of people calling in with passport enquiries).
KOLUK
English speaking national (USA)
Passport + Partner passport
Biometric card
Pension statement from my partner (This met requirement so I didn't include other income)
Partner's bank statements x six months
List of absences and reasons. Some missing stamps explanation given in a note.
Marriage certificate
Letters showing the address for self and partner
Photos x 2 Partner photo x 1
Birth certificate x 2

Appointment on time 1pm docs taken
Biometrics were taken at 1:10pm
2pm Called back to the window and handed letter saying the process was successful. No other questions or discussion other than a customer satisfaction survey given.

Advice: check for updated form as they seem to change reasonably often.
Don't expect a question and answer session make the application crystal clear as they look at it while you are not present.
Good luck everyone :)

Smalls16
Newly Registered
Guyana

Post by Smalls16 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 pm

tamoni wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:38 am
Date: 02/08/2014

Category.
Tier 2 General

2. Number of dependents.
None

3. Total cost.
£2999

4. PEO branch.
Croydon

5. Documents provided:

1. Application Payment (UKVI_xxxx)
2. Completed SET (O) Form Version 07/2018
3. 2 Photographs each with full name at the back
4. Residence Permit Card
5. Applicant’s 2 old passports
6. Applicants current passport
7. Applicant’s husband current passport
8. Police Certificate of Registration (I am Russian and registration with police is obligatory for Russians)
9. Certified Copy of an Entry of Marriage (xxx)
10. Certified Copy of Birth of Applicant’s son (xxxx)
11. Applicant’s Tier 2 General Extension CoS
12. Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fashion Management with transcript
13. Life in the UK Test Pass Letter
14. Tenancy Agreement
15. Reference Letter from landlord, with copy of her passport.
16. Seven P60 Forms (2012-2018)
17. Register of Sponsors for Employer confirming Tier 2 A Rating
18. Contract of Employment between employer and xxxxx (20/08/2013)
19. Contract of Employment between employer and xxxxx (01/01/2018)
20. Employment Reference Letter for xxxxx
21. Leave Letter from Employer outlining absence in the last 5 years, including Maternity Leave.
22. Authentication Letter from Employer for provided Payslip
23. Payslips (including recent 7 months)
24. Statements from the bank (including recent 7 months)

6. Absence more than 180 days – none

7. Additional comments: appointment time 9:50, decision made 12:30, no further questions, checks, documents requests.

IMPORTANT: My salary was increased by £13,000 seven months before application, and a week before my application HMRC made a visit to our office after that they have confirmed they are starting tax investigation (HO and HMRC share the same system, so HO has access to all HMRC files).

More info about my case here:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-g-to- ... 55243.html

So when going to the appointment I was pretty convinced my case is going to be deferred, however the decision was made very quickly, biometrics were taken at 10:45 and in less than 2 hours my number was called.

Do provide copies of all documents u submit, it saves loads of time for the case worker and u'll get ur decision sooner.
Could you tell me what you absence letter said exactly if you don't mind, about your maternity leave

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:55 pm

trueblue19 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:53 pm
First off, thanks to the moderators and other users for a lot of helpful information and answering my questions. Much appreciated.

Please note my employer has a tie-up with an immigration law firm, who had a paralegal present at the PSC (who very kindly did all the running around).

Details as follows:

2. Number of dependents: 1
3. Total cost: £5998.00

Documents:

1. 2 passport size photos each for Main Applicant and Dependent (with name on the back)
2. 4 Passports for Main Applicant and 4 Passports for Dependent (1 current, 3 previous)
3. 1 BRP card for Main Applicant, 1 BRP Card for Dependent + Previous Tier 2 UK visas for both
4. Original Trinity B1 Certificates for Main Applicant and Dependent
5. Original LITUK Test Pass Certificates for Main Applicant and Dependent
6. Cohabitation Documents: Various documents including Utility Bills, Bank Letters, NHS, Bank Statements etc for last 24 months (originals received by post, some to Main applicant, some to dependent, some joint)
7. Payslips certified by HR (for last three months) on employer letterhead
8. Signed payslip support letter printed on employer letterhead certifying e-payslips and eP60s are genuine
9. P60s for last 5 years and tax history letter from HMRC
10. Bank statement covering last 3 months (and showing corresponding credits matching the 3 payslips), printed in Halifax branch with stamps on each page. I also attached a business card for the Branch Manager
11. Employer Support Letter specifying SOC, Salary, Hours and Foreseeable future etc.
12. Completed SETO Form
13. Completed Absence Schedule (total absences 450 days approx over 5 years - I travel a fair bit for work), for Main Applicant and Dependent printed and signed on the employer letterhead.
14. Original Marriage Certificate
15. Current Tenancy Agreement
16. Cover Letter

At PSC:

10:15 am appointment. Entered at 10 am.
First in the queue to get the ticket 10-15 am
10:30 am - Called for Registeration (Took 15-20 mins as IT systems were slow)
10:50 am - Biometrics
11:00 am - Biometrics completed
11:15 am - Awaiting Consideration
11:40 am - Under Consideration
1:20 pm - Ticket number announced on PA system for collection
1:30 pm - Paralegal collected the document folder and handed over approval letters for Main applicant and dependent as well as most original documents (HO kept the original employer support letter and absences support letter)

No questions asked, No calls from caseworker.

BRP expected in 7-10 working days. Will update once received.

Should anyone have any questions, please let me know. Happy to be of help.
Update: BRP received by the immigration law firm on 15th Aug. Delivered to me today, 17th Aug.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Finally my success story:

Details as follows:

3. Total cost: £2999

At PSC:

10:00 am appointment. Entered at 9.45 am.
10:40 am - Called for Registration (Took 15-20 mins as IT systems were slow)
10:50 am - Biometrics completed
11:20 am - Under Consideration
12:45 pm - Ticket number announced on PA system for collection

Overall it was a pleasant experience. No questions asked by CW.

I had below issues in my case:

1. Wrong entry stamp at my passport at heathrow

I resolved this issue just 5 days before my appointment by contacting heathrow border force and they asked me to write to some email ID. Senior border force officer investigated this issue and gave me an email confirmation that its mistake from immigration officer side who stamped my passport that date and he also assured that it won't impact my ILR application. and he asked me to carry this email conversation as a proof . and he resolved the issue in one day also he called me on my application date and made sure that i am not having any issues in my ilr because of wrong passport stamping.

2. P45- Due to offshore deputation.- I got offshore salary and was away from UK for 30 days

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:45 am

sparkyram wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Details as follows:

At PSC:

I resolved this issue just 5 days before my appointment by contacting heathrow border force and they asked me to write to some email ID. Senior border force officer investigated this issue and gave me an email confirmation that its mistake from immigration officer side who stamped my passport that date and he also assured that it won't impact my ILR application. and he asked me to carry this email conversation as a proof . and he resolved the issue in one day also he called me on my application date and made sure that i am not having any issues in my ilr because of wrong passport stamping.

2. P45- Due to offshore deputation.- I got offshore salary and was away from UK for 30 days
Congrats!! :) that's a great news indeed. Can you please state the doc list you submitted along with the application?

Dreamer95
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Dreamer95 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:41 pm

shahemaan wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:02 pm
Galla Day for me !

Application Type: Set LR
Current Leave: Tier 2 General leave until Nov 2018 applied on 10 year basis
Center: Croydon
Appointment Time: 09:30
Fingerprints: 09:45
Case under consideration : 11:00AM
Called to collect file with good news : 11:20 AM

Documents:
LIUK
3 Passports
1 passport was lost so sent GP letter instead
6 salary slips
6 bank statements
Employer letter
UK Degree
2 photos which they returned me back in file
Application form
Covering letter to explain other documents are available on request
OLd BRP

Friendly staff and very good PEO
Hey- I am in a similar situation where I lost my previous passport which accounts for 6 months out of the 10 year period- I do not have GP or bank statement as it is back in 2008. Will a letter from university be sufficient to show I was enrolled during that time? Please help

tamoni

Post by tamoni » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Smalls16 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:45 pm
tamoni wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:38 am
Date: 02/08/2014

Category.
Tier 2 General

2. Number of dependents.
None

3. Total cost.
£2999

4. PEO branch.
Croydon

5. Documents provided:

1. Application Payment (UKVI_xxxx)
2. Completed SET (O) Form Version 07/2018
3. 2 Photographs each with full name at the back
4. Residence Permit Card
5. Applicant’s 2 old passports
6. Applicants current passport
7. Applicant’s husband current passport
8. Police Certificate of Registration (I am Russian and registration with police is obligatory for Russians)
9. Certified Copy of an Entry of Marriage (xxx)
10. Certified Copy of Birth of Applicant’s son (xxxx)
11. Applicant’s Tier 2 General Extension CoS
12. Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fashion Management with transcript
13. Life in the UK Test Pass Letter
14. Tenancy Agreement
15. Reference Letter from landlord, with copy of her passport.
16. Seven P60 Forms (2012-2018)
17. Register of Sponsors for Employer confirming Tier 2 A Rating
18. Contract of Employment between employer and xxxxx (20/08/2013)
19. Contract of Employment between employer and xxxxx (01/01/2018)
20. Employment Reference Letter for xxxxx
21. Leave Letter from Employer outlining absence in the last 5 years, including Maternity Leave.
22. Authentication Letter from Employer for provided Payslip
23. Payslips (including recent 7 months)
24. Statements from the bank (including recent 7 months)

6. Absence more than 180 days – none

7. Additional comments: appointment time 9:50, decision made 12:30, no further questions, checks, documents requests.

IMPORTANT: My salary was increased by £13,000 seven months before application, and a week before my application HMRC made a visit to our office after that they have confirmed they are starting tax investigation (HO and HMRC share the same system, so HO has access to all HMRC files).

More info about my case here:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-g-to- ... 55243.html

So when going to the appointment I was pretty convinced my case is going to be deferred, however the decision was made very quickly, biometrics were taken at 10:45 and in less than 2 hours my number was called.

Do provide copies of all documents u submit, it saves loads of time for the case worker and u'll get ur decision sooner.
Could you tell me what you absence letter said exactly if you don't mind, about your maternity leave
4. 01/01/2017 - 01/01/2018 statutory maternity leave (0 days spent outside of the UK).

That is all about maternity leave, obviously I changed the dates. Since it was my last absence from work below this 4. there is just standard “yours faithfully” and my boss’s signature with contact details.

We weren’t going to mention anything like “no child taxes or benefits were used” only because the CW would see everything from bank statements, payslips and p60s.

koconnor
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by koconnor » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Update: Interview 16 August Thursday PM, Biometric card arrived by courier 9:30 Tuesday 21 August.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:10 pm

Category - SET(M)

Number of dependents - NA

Total cost - £2999

PEO branch - Solihull

Documents provided - 6x signed & dated payslips, 6x bank statements, employer letter, employment contract, land registry title deed, mortgage statement, UK degree certificate, LIUK pass letter, letters showing joint correspondence & addressed individually spread over 2.5 years + some to show continuous residency over 5 years.

Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years - NA

Any Additional Comments - Process was very smooth, very slick operation at Solihull. Went for an early morning appointment, form and supporting documents handed in (including photocopies), biometrics done and back out of the office just 15 mins after entering. Got a call 2 hours later to collect documents and got the approved ILR.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

desiwanderlust
Newly Registered

Post by desiwanderlust » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:55 pm

bali_ari wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:02 am
I submitted a paper based application form on the day of appointment.
Please don't post your reply here....Inbox me.thanks

Ukguy18 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:54 am
bali_ari wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:26 am
Hi all my ILR application was approved today so posting the details:

1. Category - SET(O) 5 year route - Tier 2 General - no dependant applied
2. Number of dependent: None
4. PEO branch: Sheffield

Booked on May 21 2018 for June 28th 2018 appointment - premium service
Time : 13:00 pm

Documents:
Application - SET O
Previous employer letters - 3 employers - for out of UK absence [total 33 days in the last 5 years]
Present employer letter
UK NARIC- comparability letter, English language letter, statement of comparability for all degrees (not required if you produce one comparability letter for one degree)
Letter from University for medium of instruction as English
Life in UK Test pass letter
Bank statements - 3 months and letter from Bank
Payslip - last 2 months

Last Letter received from UKVI for previous application - for case ID number [not really needed]
Last Biometrics taken Letter received from UKVI for previous application - for date received and taken [not really needed]

Entered centre by 12.30 pm for 13.00 pm appointment
Documents submitted : 13.00 pm
Biometrics taken : 13.35pm - went out for lunch - came in by 14.15pm
Case under consideration : around 14:00 pm
Approval received : 14.30 pm.
Out from Centre : 14.40 pm.

Biometrics expected to be received : July 3rd 2018 - confirmed through DX

Great Journey..! Bit Relaxed.

Good Luck all.
Hi bali_ari

One quick question, did u submit online application while making appointment for PSC or you took paper set o along with you on appointment day?

Thanks.
Hi bali_ari,

Can you please tell me how you managed to find out the delivery date from DX and how many days after your appointment did they confirm this to you? I'm finding it hard to get them to provide me these details.

Thanks!

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:07 pm

GMO wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:45 am
sparkyram wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Details as follows:

At PSC:

Congrats!! :) that's a great news indeed. Can you please state the doc list you submitted along with the application?
Update: Received my BRP today 22/Aug

docs submitted:

1. Employer letter from current employer
2. Absence letter from previous employer
3. UK absence excel sheet( well formatted)
4. LIUK
5. Degree certificate
6. UK NARIC red route
7. Attested 3 month payslip
8. 3 month bank statement
9 Email conversation i had with borders and immigration force heathrow terminals 3, to prove my correct entry date (Because one of my entry date wrongly stamped)
10. last 2 years p60
11. SET O form

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi,

First of all thank you so much all the seniors, moderators and other users of this forum for their continuous help. My ILR was approved Yesterday at PEO Sheffield. Details below:

Date : 22nd Aug, 2018
1. Category - Tier 2 Visa
2. Number of dependents - 1
3. Total cost - £5998
4. PEO branch - Sheffield
5. Documents provided
  • Two photographs for applicant and dependant
    Current and Previous Passports of Applicant and Dependant
    BRP for Applicant and Dependant
    Employment Letter confirming requirement in foreseeable future and other employment details
    Absence Letter from Employer
    Last 6 Months Payslips and Bank Statements
    LIUK Pass Result for Applicant and Dependant
    UK degree and Transcript for Main Applicant
    B1 Pass Certificate for Dependant
    Tier 2 Initial Approval Letter of Applicant and Dependant
    PSW Visa approval letter
    Marriage Certificate
    Cohab documents (19 documents in total from July 2016 to July 2018)
    Photocopy set for all of the above
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. No
7. Any Additional Comments.

Reached at 11AM for 11:30 Appointment. Given approval confirmation at 1:00 PM. No questions were asked at all and staff was really friendly. I kept 6 years P60s, salary increase letters and my kids birth certificates etc but was not asked for anything.

I organised my documents and application form in files. They took my files as it as and did not ask to remove the documents from the file.

Thanks,
Hassan

JP145
India

Post by JP145 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:45 pm

Dear All,

Thank you very much for all your guidance and valuable information i found on this forum for preparation of my application. Below are the details.

Category: T2G to ILR (5 year)
no of applicant: 01
Date 23Aug2018

I submitted below documents with my application
1. Completed Set (o) application form version 07/2018
2. Current Passport
3. Previous Passport: 1
4. Biometric Residence permit:
5. 2 recent passport photos with full name written on back

Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
6. Life in the UK test pass notification letter:
7. UK NARIC English Language Proficiency statement dated
8. UK NARIC Academic Qualification Level Statement dated
9. Degree certificate
10. Transcript issues by College

Tier 2 related documents:
11. Employer reference letter issued by confirming employment details and Tier 2 details
12. absence from UK, Letter issued by employer,
13. Payslip Authenticity letter issues by employer
14. Certified payslips prints 6 months
15. Certified prints of P60 3 years
16. Bank statement 6 months

Other supporting documents
17. Tier 2 application approval letters
18. Full list of absence from UK – applicant issued letter for details for absences
19. Flight tickets for out of UK absences
20. Explanation letter and letter for court judgement for debt and certificate of CCJ removal from register

Timing:
Appointment time: 9:50
Entered to security: 9:40 and straight the reception que
Token received: 9:50
Registration done: 10:20
Bio metric: done 10:30
Appointment under consideration: 11:40
token number called on PA system: 12:40 and application successful. :D

Thank you all and good luck to the upcoming candidates.

sugarfreepolo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by sugarfreepolo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Long-time lurker making my first and last ever post. Attended Croydon PSC this morning (23 Aug).

I've found the posts on this forum to be invaluable over my decade-long journey towards ILR, both for practical advice and as a way of reminding myself that I'm not the only person going through this.

1. Category.
10 year long residence [SET(LR)] from Tier 2
My path was Tier 4 -> Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) -> Tier 2 (General) [employer A] -> Tier 2 (General) [employer B]
2. Number of dependents.
None
3. Total cost.
£2999
4. PEO branch.
Croydon
5. Documents provided.
  • Current passport + 2x previous passports (covering my whole time in the UK)
  • Current Biometric Residence Permit
  • Life in the UK pass notification letter
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years.
None
  • Appointment time was 9:30AM. Missed a train so ended up arriving at Lunar House at 9:30 exactly - not 15 mins early as recommended. This didn't cause me any problems.
  • Queued a short while for receptionist. The man at the desk was patient with me while I found my payment reference on my phone. He gave me my ticket number.

(For the uninitiated: you are given a ticket number when you see reception. There are big TV screens in the waiting area showing where each ticket number is in the process, and a tannoy announces your number when you're summoned to speak with someone.)
  • Was in the cafe by 9:45, waited 25 minutes for registration and was called at 10:10.
  • Registration officer typed in my details for about 10 mins then handed back my form and documents in a plastic folder and sent me sent me to wait for biometrics.
  • Barely had time to sit down before I was called for biometrics. Biometrics lady was quick and friendly. She took my documents and form, then told me to wait to speak to the caseworker.
  • Went back to the cafe and waited to be called. At first I thought I would be called to speak to the caseworker when my application went from 'Awaiting Consideration' to 'Under Consideration' on the screens, but I eventually realised that this wasn't the case.
  • 1h 20mins later (so, at 11:50), my caseworker rang my mobile and asked whether I could provide payslips from my current employer. This made me very anxious, as my employer is notoriously bad at issuing payslips and our payroll person is on annual leave. I came around to meet the caseworker in person, and he said I could send him digital copies of my three most recent bank statements instead. I did this on my laptop right there in front of him. He said he just needed to confirm that my Tier 2 sponsor was indeed paying me. (To me, this calls into question how well-linked UKVI actually is to HMRC)
  • After that, I basically sat in the foetal position in an empty corridor upstairs, convinced my application was buggered.
  • 25 minutes later (at 12:35) my number was called alongside a bunch of others. A very friendly young Scotswoman (who I had previously noticed sitting at her desk drawing a very good sketch of a dinosaur!) handed me my documents and told me that my application has been successful.
So, all in all, it took just over 3 hours from arrival at Lunar House to having the application confirmed successful

To all SET(LR) seekers: yes, you really only have to give them the documents they ask for. I know it seems like a really paltry amount of evidence compared to what you have to give for other visas and ILR routes, but there's no point in trying to snow them with more documents than they need. If they need further docs (as they did from me) they will ask you.

Thanks again to the posters and especially to the mods (especially to CR001!) for the information and guidance over the years. Good luck to everyone seeking to make a life here.

bali_ari
Mood:
India

Post by bali_ari » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm

I don’t know if it is right to post here but based on CR001 advice iam posting. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Hello desiwanderlust,

I experienced issues width the DX courier in my previous applications.(twice...even this time they came a day before and i rescheduled for a delivery)

Always they either post it to a different address or leave me a missed you card even if iam home. :shock: :shock:

So what i did is a 'reverse engineering' technique instead of waiting to see a missed you card. :D

I called DX courier and asked if there is a delivery way for me just after the day of my decision (give one day gap). They usually say in automated voice system that we can’t help you if you don’t have tracking number. But if you speak with the customer service assistant they can tell you if there is a scheduled delivery either yesterday (if missed) / tomorrow based on your post code and name. This is how i tracked.

Well, also i need to tell you that the calls are chargeable and nothing more than the huge amount we usually pay for ILR plus extra 10 quids for a call to DX courier.

I have given my feed back to UKVI that they can give a DX courier number for the delivery of biometrics (in case of same day application) at that instance after the decision. This is seen in many embassies.
I don’t know if this will have any effect.

Good Luck. This is my approach to just to avoid tensions and to avoid knocking other doors...

Thanks,
bali_ari

desiwanderlust wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:55 pm
bali_ari wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:02 am
I submitted a paper based application form on the day of appointment.
Please don't post your reply here....Inbox me.thanks

Ukguy18 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:54 am
bali_ari wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:26 am
Hi all my ILR application was approved today so posting the details:

1. Category - SET(O) 5 year route - Tier 2 General - no dependant applied
2. Number of dependent: None
4. PEO branch: Sheffield

Booked on May 21 2018 for June 28th 2018 appointment - premium service
Time : 13:00 pm

Documents:
Application - SET O
Previous employer letters - 3 employers - for out of UK absence [total 33 days in the last 5 years]
Present employer letter
UK NARIC- comparability letter, English language letter, statement of comparability for all degrees (not required if you produce one comparability letter for one degree)
Letter from University for medium of instruction as English
Life in UK Test pass letter
Bank statements - 3 months and letter from Bank
Payslip - last 2 months

Last Letter received from UKVI for previous application - for case ID number [not really needed]
Last Biometrics taken Letter received from UKVI for previous application - for date received and taken [not really needed]

Entered centre by 12.30 pm for 13.00 pm appointment
Documents submitted : 13.00 pm
Biometrics taken : 13.35pm - went out for lunch - came in by 14.15pm
Case under consideration : around 14:00 pm
Approval received : 14.30 pm.
Out from Centre : 14.40 pm.

Biometrics expected to be received : July 3rd 2018 - confirmed through DX

Great Journey..! Bit Relaxed.

Good Luck all.
Hi bali_ari

One quick question, did u submit online application while making appointment for PSC or you took paper set o along with you on appointment day?

Thanks.
Hi bali_ari,

Can you please tell me how you managed to find out the delivery date from DX and how many days after your appointment did they confirm this to you? I'm finding it hard to get them to provide me these details.

Thanks!

harps9191

Post by harps9191 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:03 am

Date of application: 23/08/2018

1. Category: Tier 2 General
4. PEO branch: Solihull Birmingham
5. Documents provided:
  • SET O form
  • Passport
  • BRP
  • Photographs: 2x latest not older than 6 months
  • Life in the UK pass notification letter
  • UK degree certificate
  • Payslips: 6x recent (i know they only ask for 1 but i submitted 6)
  • Bank statements: 6x recent
  • Letter from employer (salary + will be required in this role for the foreseeable future,
    absences from work)
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years.
None

It was a very straightforward process. Submitted all the documents, got biometrics done and then was told to leave until they phoned back a few hours later.
On return, they handed back my original documents and made me sign a checklist to confirm. i was also given the ILR approval letter and told i would receive the BRP within 5-7 days.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.