ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form Application for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nika299
Newly Registered
Estonia

AN Form Application for Naturalisation

Post by nika299 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Hello,

First of all I would like to say that this forum is amazing help - I have found almost all answers to my questions by doing search queries on different topics. However, I do have a couple of questions that are a bit confusing for me and would really appreciate if anyone with more experience could help me out.

My case is that I am an EEA national, I have lived in UK for past 11 years and I have had a PR card for 2 years now.

So my questions are:

Q 1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years: I have been registered as a job seeker for a period of time during these 10 years - do I need to list that down here or shall I just leave it out and list only my employment and self-employment?

Q REFEREES: Is Assistant General Manager of a restaurant considered as a professional? I have seen that a manager is on the list of accepted professions, but what about assistant manager?

Q 7.8 and Q7.10 where you need to tick statements: these two statements do not apply to me as I haven't provided a photocopy of my spouses passport, and I believe I do meet all the statutory requierements for naturalisation - do i still need to tick them even though they are not applicable to my case, or do I need to leave them unticked?

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:

SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years: I will not be submitting my passport, as I am EEA national and don't have any stamps in it, so I will submit the other docs stated below, but how many do I need to submit...i.e. how frequent do they need to be - one per each year, or one for each month etc?

SECTION 10 Evidence of NI contributions covering the relevant period:
1. What is meant by relevant period - is it 10 years (the employment i had to list earlier) or 5 years?
2. What would be the evidence for a self-employed person - is SA302 provided by HMRC a valid proof?
3. My income as a self-employed has not been sufficient to pay NI contributions - is that ok?

I really hope someone could clarify these questions for me. I have tried to call HO helpline twice and every time they tell me that they cannot answer specific questions about the application but they can only say exactly what is written in the GUIDE or BOOKLET....so how on earth shall i fill it if the guide and booklet are not specific enough :D.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: AN Form Application for Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:57 am

Q 1.50 Employment history in UK during past 10 years: I have been registered as a job seeker for a period of time during these 10 years - do I need to list that down here or shall I just leave it out and list only my employment and self-employment? List those periods as "unemployed"

Q REFEREES: Is Assistant General Manager of a restaurant considered as a professional? I have seen that a manager is on the list of accepted professions, but what about assistant manager? not sure - but should be ok

Q 7.8 and Q7.10 where you need to tick statements: these two statements do not apply to me as I haven't provided a photocopy of my spouses passport, and I believe I do meet all the statutory requierements for naturalisation - do i still need to tick them even though they are not applicable to my case, or do I need to leave them unticked? If not applicable do not tick!

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:

SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years: I will not be submitting my passport, as I am EEA national and don't have any stamps in it, so I will submit the other docs stated below, but how many do I need to submit...i.e. how frequent do they need to be - one per each year, or one for each month etc? Your passport still has to be submitted as proof of identity. Provide the other documents to cover the period

SECTION 10 Evidence of NI contributions covering the relevant period:
1. What is meant by relevant period - is it 10 years (the employment i had to list earlier) or 5 years? "relevant period" is 10 years or from when you entered the UK if less than 10 years.
2. What would be the evidence for a self-employed person - is SA302 provided by HMRC a valid proof? assume so - if this is your tax return
3. My income as a self-employed has not been sufficient to pay NI contributions - is that ok?not an issue
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nika299
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by nika299 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am

Dear Alterhase58,

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me! I really appreciate it! Just one last specification if you don't mind (so sorry...I really want to make it right :D) - that's regarding the SECTION 3....as I am sending my EU ID CARD, then I don't also need to send my passport, do I?
And regarding the other docs....I am so sorry, but what do you mean to cover the period (I must sound really stupid), but let's say I have one letter from my council, and one letter from student loan company for each year - is that enough?

nika299
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by nika299 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:17 am

I just went through the AN GUIDE again, and noticed this:

1.45 - 1.50 In some cases, if you have ever been in breach of immigration law, you
may be asked to provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for
your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. If you are required
to provide these details, the evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering
the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked
for them, from the start and finish date.

I have never been in breach of immigration law, so does that mean that Evidence mentioned in SECTION 10 does not concern me?

bear
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by bear » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:25 am

nika299 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am
Dear Alterhase58,

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me! I really appreciate it! Just one last specification if you don't mind (so sorry...I really want to make it right :D) - that's regarding the SECTION 3....as I am sending my EU ID CARD, then I don't also need to send my passport, do I? USE NCS WILL HEELP YOU TO KEEP YOUR PASSPORT ORGINAL
And regarding the other docs....I am so sorry, but what do you mean to cover the period (I must sound really stupid), but let's say I have one letter from my council, and one letter from student loan company for each year - is that enough? ALTERNATIVE EVDENCE IS :
P60
Letter from employer
Letter from college/university
Statement of taxes from Inland Revenue
Child/Family tax credit statement
Child benefit letter
Jobseekers allowance letter
Income support letter
Housing association letter

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 am

nika299 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:17 am
I just went through the AN GUIDE again, and noticed this:

1.45 - 1.50 In some cases, if you have ever been in breach of immigration law, you
may be asked to provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for
your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. If you are required
to provide these details, the evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering
the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked
for them, from the start and finish date.

I have never been in breach of immigration law, so does that mean that Evidence mentioned in SECTION 10 does not concern me?
Then skip this - it doesn't mean you shouldn't provide P60 or employer letter for example, it's a convenient way of proving your lawful residence. In my case I provided one employer letter covering ten years, no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nika299
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by nika299 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 am

Thank you again alterhase58 and bear!

I am thinking now, that I will still submit the 10 years NI contribution evidence...just in case :)

So the documents I would be submitting are:

- ID card
- Life in the UK test certificate
- UK Masters degree diploma
- evidence of 5 years residence:
a. letter from my uni covering 24.09.2012 - 20.05.2014
b. SA302 tax overview covering 20.05.2014 - 01.01.2015
c. letter from employer covering 01.01.2015 - 30.09.2015
d. 3 letters from Job Centre covering 13.10.2015 - 01.05.2016
e. SA302 tax overview covering 01.05.2016 - present
DOES this make sense? I could also include 7 other letters from different governmental establishments, such
as New Enterprise Allowance, Home Office, Council, Student Loan Company....or would that be an
overkill???? :)

- evidence of tax for self-emloyed
- evidence of NI contributions for 10 years: a P45, P60's, letters from employers and SA302 tax overviews covering different periods during the last 10 years.

I think I might be a bit overthinking....but more should be better than less, shouldn't it? :)