ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application HELP please :)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sanjana26
Newly Registered
Wales

OCI Application HELP please :)

Post by Sanjana26 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi all,

I am really hoping someone can help with my dilemma...
I am a British born citizen and my father was an Indian citizen, i have prepared my application ready for my appointment in a few days time.
I am using a copy of my father's old Indian passport as proof of Indian origin and have everything i need except for the original passport.
Now i have been estranged from my dad for some years now and have no means of acquiring said passport nor any other documents, hence my dilemma :(
I am told that the original is required in order to process the application.... is this true ?? This is a copy i have been using for years to acquire 5 year visas and they have never needed the original.
Now aside from the obvious of getting in touch with my dad (which is out of the question), is there any other way round this or anything else i can use that i am not thinking of ?
I have no other Indian relatives either.
Has anyone on here had to provide the originals during your application process ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :)

takdeerwala
India

Re: OCI Application HELP please :)

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 pm

If VFS accepts it, then you got a chance. As long as you have Birth certificate with details of both parents and prrof of india origin of Parents / parent - one is eligible for OCI card.

Havana111
Newly Registered

Re: OCI Application HELP please :)

Post by Havana111 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi Sanjana26,

How did your application go? We're in exactly the same situation as you. Hope you can give update.

Many thanks,

H