ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport demanded by Home Office but family holiday planned

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

1196rachel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Passport demanded by Home Office but family holiday planned

Post by 1196rachel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Feeling so upset.
My husband applied for citizenship back in Spring and with no restrictions that I could see we booked a family holiday to Greece. He’s had the Schengen visa approved and we’re due to fly on Monday 13th. But today he got an email saying he needs to send his Zimbabwean passport to Liverpool by 18th or his application will be rejected. They won’t be able to return it for him to have it to travel. He called them and they said there isn’t a way round.
This feels completely wrong. Our family will miss our first summer holiday together, we’ll lose all the cost of the holiday and it doesn’t seem even travel insurance will pay out.
Any similar experiences, or light at the end of the tunnel?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport demanded by Home Office but family holiday planned

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:58 am

The Home Office / UKVI can and does request original documents as they see fit.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:58 pm

You may want to consider re-applying for BC if the loss of the holiday costs would be higher than the BC application fee. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:57 pm

If you don't send passport the application will be refused so upto you what's most important for you BC or holidays

1196rachel
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by 1196rachel » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:30 am

Thanks everyone.
We decided to cancel the family holiday (big kudos to the holiday firm who let us carry our payment over to a holiday next year instead at £150pp)
It’s just a real pain. I guess you live and learn.
Thanks again :-)