ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Taah4
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Taah4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks, no only myself , and I’ve done it through a solicitor which was a bit silly as application is quite straightforward.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 am

Taah4 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 am
Thanks, no only myself , and I’ve done it through a solicitor which was a bit silly as application is quite straightforward.
Thank you very much for the reply , just curious did you have to put anything on section 5;
""If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below"""

this the only question you might require a solicitor assistance rather than that it's straightforward

Taah4
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Taah4 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:44 am

Love_GB wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 am
Taah4 wrote:
Thank you very much for the reply , just curious did you have to put anything on section 5;
""If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below"""

this the only question you might require a solicitor assistance rather than that it's straightforward
Yes , we sent a summary of my case , job details and relationship ,,but I’ve seen some people left it blank or wrote two or three sentence and received approval letter in less than 2,3 months.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 am

Taah4 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:44 am
Love_GB wrote:
Taah4 wrote:

Yes , we sent a summary of my case , job details and relationship ,,but I’ve seen some people left it blank or wrote two or three sentence and received approval letter in less than 2,3 months.
once again very much appreciated your reply , i did similar things wrote few lines on section 5 ,
all the best and hope you will get your nationality very soon

QueenK
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by QueenK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Taah4 wrote:

I applied for my family of 4...Received ILR in 2 months. You don't need a lawyer unless your case is complicated.

Best wishes 😊

da09aam
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by da09aam » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 pm

@taah4 I wonder if you can give some clues about what kind of info your lawyer enclosed with your application?
I also applied through a lawyer which was silly as it’s a very straightforward process and from what I’ve realised people are reviving quicker replies if they applied by themselves. I wonder why?
Thanks

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:44 pm

da09aam wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 pm
@taah4 I wonder if you can give some clues about what kind of info your lawyer enclosed with your application?
I also applied through a lawyer which was silly as it’s a very straightforward process and from what I’ve realised people are reviving quicker replies if they applied by themselves. I wonder why?
Thanks
i am not sure but i think applying by yourself will be always quicker, as lawyer may send your application closer to the expiry day which costs you a month, and then any correspondences will come to you directly without coming through the lawyer office which might take some time ,
no extra information except the travel documents, BRP and approval letters , some few lines on section 5.
hope this helps

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi I applied for ILR more than 2 weeks and still haven’t receive acknowledgment letter or any email from home office but my employer wants my new resident permits and they stopped making my schedule.what can I do now and how
Many days normally I have to wait for my acknowledgment letter ?pls help someone

da09aam
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by da09aam » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi, providing you posted your application to the right address, you should receive an acknowledgment letter of receipt (maybe give it s a few more days) and a letter asking for your piometrics. Check your Junk inbox, that’s where emails from HO usually come to.
Did you apply yourself? If through a solicitor any correspondents will be sent to them.
Hope this helps :)

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi thnx for your reply .i applied by solicitor and he didn’t receive anything from them so let’s see .there is nothing I can do only is waiting

Taah4
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Taah4 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm
Hi thnx for your reply .i applied by solicitor and he didn’t receive anything from them so let’s see .there is nothing I can do only is waiting
Hi
Give this link to your HR at work, they can check it online with home office
Normally takes one week to home office back to them
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Yeah that’s right but I need reference no
From acknowledgment letter so that they can check my work right .is there anyone who received acknowledgment letter after 2/3 weeks or more ?

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:12 pm
Yeah that’s right but I need reference no
From acknowledgment letter so that they can check my work right .is there anyone who received acknowledgment letter after 2/3 weeks or more ?
Hi Rimjimrupa,

I applied on 16/07/2018 , received by HO 17/07/2018 at 9:08am,
confirmation email revived 31/07/2018,
Biometric Enrolment Letters received on 1/08/2018
Biometric Enrolment done 2/08/2018
hope this helps and wish you all the best , no worries you will get your acknowledgement and Biometric soon

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Thank you so much for your reply 🙏

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:54 pm
Thank you so much for your reply 🙏
Hi Rimjimrupa ,
Have you got any news yet ,

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 am

No I haven’t receive anything yet.its 3 weeks now and my employer stoped my work so just waiting

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:34 am

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 am
No I haven’t receive anything yet.its 3 weeks now and my employer stoped my work so just waiting
Hi Rimjimrupa,
when did you apply , you should have applied 1 month before so that you have 1 month before your leave to remain expiry , if you had applied 1 month before you would have had 4 weeks before the expiry date and sure by this you would have your acknowledgement letter sent,
do you still keep your special delivery receipt , did you track the post and get the delivery confirmation ..

any way no worry you will get your letter soon , i think it is a matter of HO being so busy this time ,

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi love gb thnx for your reply.i received my first email
Today with a case Id no .i want to know is it me reference no ?and can I give it to my employer so that they can check my work permissions?
Regards
Rimjim

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:21 pm
Today with a case Id no .i want to know is it me reference no ?and can I give it to my employer so that they can check my work permissions?
Regards
Rimjim
Hi Rimjimrupa, good news ,,,
your case ID = Case Reference Number,
you will be sent BRP in few days , it could be tomorrow or Saturday or early next week , you can give the Case ID number to your employer.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 pm
Rimjimrupa wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:21 pm
Regards
Rimjim
Hi Rimjimrupa, good news ,,,
your case ID = Case Reference Number,
you will be sent Enrolment letter to get your finger prints , photo and digital signature in few days , it could be tomorrow or Saturday or early next week , you can give the Case ID number to your employer.
note just corrected my previous reply as i mentioned BRP and should have written about your enrolment not BRP..

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Love gb Thankyou for your help.i will let you know if I receive anything from them .wish you good
Luck for your application

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:34 am

Rimjimrupa wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:12 pm
Love gb Thankyou for your help.i will let you know if I receive anything from them .wish you good
Luck for your application
no problem at all, we always help each other and share the experience which really does help , we should all thank the people who are running this form for their efforts and work to keep this form as a source of information and advice..
wish you, moderators and all users good luck and have a nice weekend

da09aam
Newly Registered
Syria

Post by da09aam » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey everyone :)

So I received an email this early morning from my lawyer that ILR is been granted and it feels great.

Here’s my timeline

Old status expiry 15/06/18
Applicatio sent to HO 20/05/18
Received by HO 22/06/18
Biometrics letter received from HO 31/05/18
Biometrics taken 06/06/18
Emails from HO regarding process of application 31/06/18 and 31/07/18
Approval letter sent out from HO to lawyer 15/08/18
BRO card received today 20/06/18

All in all 2 months and 3 weeks.

Good luck everyone waiting, I hope you all hear back soon.

Rimjimrupa
Bangladesh

Post by Rimjimrupa » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Congratulations for your achievements?i applied more than 3 weeks and received an email last week but still waiting for biometric letter ,frustrated now

tn1
Newly Registered

Post by tn1 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am

Hi all,

I've just signed up to share a timeline. I've been following this thread throughout and observing timelines for that time. I've noticed that there's a lot of variation in how long it takes the home office to deal with applications, and as such I've added some factors that might impact how long it takes for an application to be processed. I would encourage others provide the same information in future so that any patterns in which applications are fast and which take longer become apparent.

Individual Application or With Dependants: Individual Applicant
Does Country of Nationality have Country Guidance: No
Did applicant obtain a convention travel document during 5 year leave: Yes

Leave Expiry: 15/04/2018
Application: 20/03/2018, by Royal Mail Special Delivery
Application Confirmation Email: 03/04/2018
Application Confirmation & Biometric Letter Dated: 29/03/2018
Application Confirmation & Biometric Letter Received: 05/08/2018
Biometric Enrollment: 06/04/2018
Monthly Application Status Emails: 30/04/2018, 29/05/2018, 29/06/2018, 30/07/2018
Approval Letter & documents returned: 16/08/2018 (by royal mail signed for)
BRP: 20/08/2018
Date on Approval Letter and BRP: 14/08/2018
Expiry Date on BRP: 31/12/2024
Lead Time: 5 months.

Country Guidance can be found at:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... tion-notes

Rationale for additions.

This below largely educated guesswork based on the Asylum Policy Instructions, and the variations in people's timelines.

Individual Application or With Dependants: This has been suggested as a reason for differing processing times before.

Does Country of Nationality have Country Guidance: I suspect applications where no country guidance exists might take longer as these countries tend to have fewer asylum applications overall (source: the most recent national statistics on asylum applications here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tection-to) applications and are therefore less likely to have a designated caseworker familiar with the situation in that country. A designated caseworker for a country may speed up applications as the caseworker will need to do less research for each individual application.

Did applicant obtain a convention travel document during 5 year leave: This may trigger additional checks on travel history to confirm the applicant did not return to their country of nationality during the 5 year leave. Where an applicant never obtained such a document no such checks would be required.

Good luck to all still waiting and applying soon.