ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Maintenance Funds for "A" rated sponsor?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Northmole
Newly Registered
United States of America

Proof of Maintenance Funds for "A" rated sponsor?

Post by Northmole » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:16 am

Finally received my RCOS after 8 months of waiting. Now I'm entirely confused about the Visa process.

I was of the understanding that if my sponsor (NHS Trust) is "A" rated, I would not have to prove funds for my maintenance of $945 plus my dependants (Wife and 3 kids) in my account for 90 days.

I see the COS is ticked NO for Maintenance. Should I ask them to change it to Yes? I do not have a steady balance of $4000 for 90 days. I have cash funds far exceeding that in my retirement savings 401K account, not a pension. I can access at any time. Would a statement from this be considered acceptable?

To come so far is beyond upsetting. I dont understand why its marked No for an 'A" rated sponsor :cry:

civeng2017

Re: Proof of Maintenance Funds for "A" rated sponsor?

Post by civeng2017 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:42 am

This should have been discussed before your rcos application was submitted.

The application contains a YES and NO box for maintenance. Even if YES, there is always the option to limit the amount to the minimum of 945.

If NO, you obviously have to provide that amount for yourself.

It’s always good sound advice to have additional savings for the minimum of 90 days before application date.

In your case OP, you will have to provide proof of funds during your application. I’m not sure if the rcos could be changed or if a new application will be needed.

Northmole
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Northmole » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Yes it would have been lovely had they shared this with me 10 months ago when I accepted the position. The NHS has been the absolute worst HR to deal with in this whole process. Never remotely helpful. All on your own, all the time.

vikascse
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikascse » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm

i was in the similar situation got my Visa yesterday , in RCOS i was ticket no for me, but the sponsor company provided a Sponsor note in which they mentioned that they are certifying for the maintenance , sponsor note will appear on the COS copy after few days , to have a backup, make urself a joint account holder with any one in the family and include those bank statements as well with the application

Northmole
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Northmole » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:47 pm

I can add my name on to my mothers account. Hope that is sufficient!

vikascse
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikascse » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:18 am

yeah and make sure you get the statement signed from the bank, also can alongside put your bank statement too

vikascse
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikascse » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:20 am

and if you can request your sponsor to add a sponsor note before you go for Entry Visa, it will be further better.

Northmole
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Northmole » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:49 am

I will try to get them to, but the NHS is not overly helpful I'm afraid.

neilin
India

Post by neilin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:43 am

vikascse wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm
i was in the similar situation got my Visa yesterday , in RCOS i was ticket no for me, but the sponsor company provided a Sponsor note in which they mentioned that they are certifying for the maintenance , sponsor note will appear on the COS copy after few days , to have a backup, make urself a joint account holder with any one in the family and include those bank statements as well with the application
Hi Vikas, can you please tell me if you have drafted and submitted Tier2 general visa application on your own or you have taken the help of some professional immigration lawyer for filing the application.

Also the list of documents submitted
Thanks
Neilin

vikascse
Newly Registered
India

Post by vikascse » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:07 am

did it myself only and just the documents like proof of funds , TB certifictae etc as listed in the website and here in many discussions.