ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR 5 years route - employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ntt05r
Vietnam

Tier 2 (Gen) to ILR - Online Application Query

Post by ntt05r » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 am

Hi all,

I am currently filling out the online application. All makes sense but a little bit puzzled with this requirement paragraph:-

"For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website"

What exactly are the documents I need to submit here? Referring to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance does not help as it is a big doc.

Help appreciated.

trueblue19

Re: Tier 2 (Gen) to ILR - Online Application Query

Post by trueblue19 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:25 am

Were you on a different visa type before Tier 2? If Not, you dont need to show anything and this clause is not applicable to you.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 am

No. My 5 years is only on my Tier 2.

I hope it is what you said but i dont see it written that way?

trueblue19

Post by trueblue19 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:00 pm

ntt05r wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 am
No. My 5 years is only on my Tier 2.

I hope it is what you said but i dont see it written that way?
Its absolutely fine. I just received my ILR two days back, and have spent 5 years on Tier 2 as well. I did not provide any details regarding the question you posted. This question is confusing, I agree, however, SETO form is used for various routes including Tier 1 Visa, and sometimes the applicants have held Tier 4 or Tier 1 visas before they switched to Tier 2. In this case, they need to show evidence for visas granted before Tier 2. If you've spent entire duration only on Tier 2 (and not switched from another visa type), you dont need to provide any evidence.

Enclosing a screenshot of my SETO form for your reference.

https://imgur.com/a/6Kv3vBj

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Thats great. Many thanks.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Tier 2 to ILR 5 years route - employer letter

Post by ntt05r » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi

My employer has issued a confirmation letter detailing everything i.e. Needed in foreseenable future, soc code, salary ... and absences.

Is one letter ok or it has to be seperate letters - one confirming the absences and one confirming the rest like I have seen in some sucessful cases? My tier 2 has been with only one employer.

Akorotaeva

Re: Tier 2 to ILR 5 years route - employer letter

Post by Akorotaeva » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:53 am

One letter is fine.