ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DATE OF APPLICATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

DATE OF APPLICATION

Post by nasiaziz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi all
i wanted to ask a question whether the date of application is the one when we submit the application with the council for naturalisation or when the home office recieves it,
second question is about the 90 days out of the country in the last 12 months does home count that from the date of application with the council or when the date they are actually considering the application which may be couple of months after i post it. because i would wanna travel out straight after i make my application and as soon as i do my biometrics,,so would the 90 days count only for the 12 months before the date of application or when they actually consider the case as i wont be in the country from the date of application and when they actually consider the application and i may be over the 90 days period if the later is the case.
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: DATE OF APPLICATION

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:52 am

Absence is counted backwards from date of application.

If you apply online, the date of application is the date you submit and pay online.

If you apply and pay online and use NDRS, it is the date you submit and pay online.

If you apply through NCS with paper form, it is the date of your appointment.

If you apply on your own by post, it is the date HO receives it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:52 am

If you apply online, the date of application is the date you submit and pay online.

If you apply and pay online and use NDRS, it is the date you submit and pay online.

Thanks CR001 for your reply,
so i got my ilr on 15 march 2018 and i will be applying using NCS on 16 march 2019 so the 90 days would count from 16 march 2019 backwards untill 15 march 2018 because i was away untill 10 march 2018.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 am
CR001 wrote:

so i got my ilr on 15 march 2018 and i will be applying using NCS on 16 march 2019 so the 90 days would count from 16 march 2019 backwards untill 15 march 2018 because i was away untill 10 march 2018.
Correct yes.

Note that there is also no requirement that you MUST have been in the UK 12 months exactly before the date of application, if this is what you are also concerned about.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 am
nasiaziz wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 am
CR001 wrote:

Correct yes.

Note that there is also no requirement that you MUST have been in the UK 12 months exactly before the date of application, if this is what you are also concerned about.
NO i know that the requirement is i should be exactly in the country only 5 years before the date of application my only concern is the 90 days as i dont want to exceed that, because i was away untill 10 march 2018 so if the year where they will look at the 90 days would start from 16 march 2018 to 16 march 2019 then i am ok, as i am plannig to leave for 2.5 months in december and then come back and apply in march 2019.
another question once i apply through NCS and do my biometrics can i leave the country again untill i get my naturalisation accepted thats when i will be coming back to apply for passport would this have any negative impact on the application?
THANKS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 am
another question once i apply through NCS and do my biometrics can i leave the country again untill i get my naturalisation accepted thats when i will be coming back to apply for passport would this have any negative impact on the application?
THANKS
HO can ask for additional documents or your original passport at ANY time once you have applied and you have limited time to submit before they refuse, so you need to be mindful of this.

Also, being 'accepted' is not sufficient. You will get an approval letter and a ceremony invitation letter once approved. You have to attend the ceremony before you are a British citizen and apply for a passport if you are not using the joint citizenship/passport application scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:29 pm

CR001 wrote:

One more question what is the fastest and more trustable way by the homeoffice to submit the application out of all of the above methods and which one is more quick one with results?
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:31 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:29 pm
CR001 wrote:

One more question what is the fastest and more trustable way by the homeoffice to submit the application out of all of the above methods and which one is more quick one with results?
thanks
No real difference is speed of decision though. All routes take roughly 2 - 6 months. Highlighted above the route I would use as you can apply for citizenship and passport together (online form AN and paper passport form).
Char (CR001 not Casa)