ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ent Visa to ILR but Ent extension for dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Ent Visa to ILR but Ent extension for dependents

Post by Napoleon77 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Hello house

I would be applying for ILR via Ent Visa route by the end of the month.

My entrepreneur visa expires in Oct 2018 but I have already spent 5 years on Entrepreneur Visa, since I got my initial visa in Feb 2013. This means I am also covered by the transitional arrangement

I intend to apply online with my 2 dependents. But I want my dependents to continue as dependents on Entrepreneur Visa and not apply for ILR.

My questions are as follows-

Using the SAME ONLINE FORM, would I be able to apply for ILR (and pay £2,389) while my dependents simply extend their Entreprenuer Visa (£1,277 each plus IHS fee)?

Can my dependents extend their Entrepreneur Visa at the end of August even though my Entrepreneur Visa ends in Oct 2018? I.e. Can my dependents be extending their Entrepreneur Visa while I apply for ILR at the same time?

As I have one settled employee (BC) who has been with me since my last application (21 months) and a second employee (holds an ILR) who would have been with me for 5 months in September. Would I be able to combine both to meet the job creation requirement?

Thank you.

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Ent Visa to ILR but Ent extension for dependents

Post by Napoleon77 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Additional info

Regarding job creation. I applied for extension of my Entrepreneur Visa in Feb 2016 but got my approval in Oct 2016. My longest serving employee has been with me since Jan 2015. Would I start counting from Feb 2016 or Oct 2016 to meet the post extension job creation requirement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Your dependents have to complete separate tier 1 dependent forms. You cannot add them to your ILR form. It is two different category applications.

They can continue extending the current dependent visa till they qualify for ILR.

If your ILR fails, their dependent visa will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Your dependents have to complete separate tier 1 dependent forms. You cannot add them to your ILR form. It is two different category applications.

They can continue extending the current dependent visa till they qualify for ILR.

If your ILR fails, their dependent visa will also fail.
Very many thanks for your response. Can you kindly help me with answers regarding the job creation questions I raised?

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello

Anyone with an answer to my job creation questions?

regularuser
India

Post by regularuser » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm

After extension granted Oct 2016

Napoleon77
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Napoleon77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:48 pm

regularuser wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm