ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILUK-child 17 years old

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

ILUK-child 17 years old

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Dear Gurus,

1-One of my sons (Dependant-Tier 1-Ent) is 17 years old (born in 2001), he will be eligible for ILR in 2020, his age will be 19 years. Can he book Life in the UK test when his age is 17 years?
Can he book B1 test as well?

2-The second son (Dependant-Tier 1-Ent) is 19 years old, he will be eligible for ILR in 2020, and if he gets his ILR, can he get marriage in the UK? If he gets marriage when he has ILR, does that affect his naturalization after 12 months of ILR?
Can he declare his marriage in his AN application?
Thanks in adance

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILUK-child 17 years old

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:00 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:29 pm
Dear Gurus,

1-One of my sons (Dependant-Tier 1-Ent) is 17 years old (born in 2001), he will be eligible for ILR in 2020, his age will be 19 years. Can he book Life in the UK test when his age is 17 years? Don't know.

Can he book B1 test as well? Yes. But will expire after 2 years.

2-The second son (Dependant-Tier 1-Ent) is 19 years old, he will be eligible for ILR in 2020, and if he gets his ILR, can he get marriage in the UK? Yes. If he gets marriage when he has ILR, does that affect his naturalization after 12 months of ILR? No.
Can he declare his marriage in his AN application? Yes.
Thanks in adance
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

jafersadeq

Re: ILUK-child 17 years old

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Dear cyclina1 ,

I would like to thank you for your reply,
The B1 test will be in Sep. 2018 and the ILR application in May 2020 for my first son.
So, he will have LIUK + B1 (1 year +8 months), the B1 will be less two years.
Now, it is fine if he gets LIUK+B1 when he is under 18, and he uses it for ILR when he is 18+.

Regards,