ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Re-Issue from UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sri0306
Newly Registered
India

Indian Passport Re-Issue from UK

Post by sri0306 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:10 am

Hello All,
I am Indian National living in the UK on a TIER-2 General Visa. I have recently applied for my Indian Passport renewal, technically Re-Issue from VFS Birmingham and thought of sharing my experience here.

I have successfully renewed my Indian passport, which was due to expire in less than 6 months.

My case: I have applied for my passport re-issue, which is due to expire in less than 6 months.My wife is India. When I googled, most of the people said, you need your Spouse original passport. However, I cannot have her passport with me as she is in India. And it is against the law to courier / post any Passport outside the country. Also, I couldnt find proper information about the Address part of the online application form.

Sections:
1. How to apply
2. Documents required
3. How to book the appointment
4. what happens at VFS
5. What next

First of all, as per the new rules: if you are married and your spouse name is not printed on your passport, then it is mandatory to have your spouse name on your passport.

How to Apply?
Remember, technical name for renewal of an Indian passport is Re-Issue.
go to http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/how_t ... html#appnt to know your Jurisdiction.
go to http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/index.jsp and click on "Online Registration Form" or directly go to
http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/Online.do

Fill in your basic details as per your current passport.
When it comes to the address,
Address on Passport: This is your Indian Address
I didnt want to change this address, so I gave this as the printed on my passport.
Other Address: I gave this as my current UK Address
Parents Names: As per my passport (look at the address page of your passport)
Spouse Name: As per her/his passport
File Number: Look at the address page of passport, you will see a field with name "File Number"

when you are ready, click Down load the form. After downloading, you need to fill additional details. Use a pen and fill in as many details as you can in capital letters.
you need to sign at three places. One in the box at the Top and two at the bottom of the form.

Documents required:

1. Original filled in Online application form
2. Original VFS Appointment Letter
3. 2 copies of Filled in Annexure-E (download from VFS website)
4. 2 copied of filled in Declaration form (download from VFS website)
5. Your Original BRP Card + 2 copies of the same.
6. Your current passport + 2 copies of Front Page (where your name and dob etc are printed) and last page (where your address is printed)
7. Original Marriage Certificate + 2 copies
8. Your spouse passport front and back xerox copies, signed by him/her. No need of original, if you have it then take it along with you.
9. Your spouse BRP card front and back xerox copies, signed by her/him. No need of original, if you have it then take it along with you.
10. in the VFS website, they are also asked for self attested 2 sets xerox copies of Passport observations page(of both you and your spouse). I took them with me, but they said its not required and gave it back to me.
11. in the VFS website, they are also asked for self attested 2 sets xerox copies of all previous VISA stampings (of both you and your spouse). I took them with me, but they said its not required and gave it back to me.
12. your 4 Passport size recent photographs. Look at the VFS website for photo specification.

How to book the appointment
Once done, go to vfs website, http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/how_t ... html#appnt
and book an appointment.

what happens at VFS

Please be on time or before time, never be late.
Show you appointment confirmation and your application form at the reception, the receptionist will give you a token number.
I have to wait for 1 hour as it was Friday afternoon and also there are so many people applying for Indian Visa, I believe it could be due to holiday period.
Once I reach the counter, it took only 10 minutes. You can pay by card, so dont worry about having cash in hand.
The guy who was looking at my application was very helpful. I wasnt sure about some fields in the application form, so I left them blank. He helped me fill those details.
He took only one set of the xerox copies and gave me back the other set.
Also, he took two photographs from me, and gave me back the other two.

what Next
I have submitted my application on a Friday, exactly after 5 working days, I got my original documents back. In my case, its just marriage certificate.
On the 10th working days, which is again Friday, I have received a text message that my Processed application has been posted. On the Next Monday morning, I have received both my Old Passport and New Passport.
They cut the corners of my old passport and also there is a stamp in Front Page "something like, cancelled due to re-issue bla bla"

I hope this helps if some one is planning to renew their Indian passport.

Regards,
Srinivas

karthikguru
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indian Passport Re-Issue from UK

Post by karthikguru » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi , how long is the re-issued passport valid for . Is there any difference in the validity period if we do it from the UK or from India ?

kalven

Post by kalven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi

As a part of this query. Please could you advise if I can use my current UK address in the Indian passport? Alternatively if my Indian address is different from the previous passport and I do not have bills to support the new address, what would be my option on printing the new Indian address in the passport? Please advise

Gobind
Newly Registered

Post by Gobind » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:24 pm

karthikguru wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm
Hi , how long is the re-issued passport valid for . Is there any difference in the validity period if we do it from the UK or from India ?

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:49 am

kalven wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:00 pm
Hi

As a part of this query. Please could you advise if I can use my current UK address in the Indian passport? Alternatively if my Indian address is different from the previous passport and I do not have bills to support the new address, what would be my option on printing the new Indian address in the passport? Please advise
U need to hav new Indian Address on ur Latest Indian-Adhaar-Card,so you can use this AndhaarCard as Proof[Base]&finish ur Online Application.
Using UK Address is little wild.....I did not understand that.
Hope this Helps. :)
Believe In Reality

srini8823
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srini8823 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi!!
Can someone Please HELP!! I have appointment for Re-issue of Passport on Monday..
&
I'm not able to find Annexure-E and Declaration form in VFS website :(

I have filled form in https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ & booked appointment with VFS..

Thank you in advance

san4migration
Newly Registered
India

Post by san4migration » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:22 am

srini8823
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srini8823 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:08 pm

@san4migration It was great help! Thank you for sharing the file :D

I need couple of clarifications, please help..
1. In Annexure - E they have asked "residing at", should I mention my current UK address or India address??
2. Is there an alternate courier facility (apart from Royal Mail) offered by VFS, which we can select during submission?

Once again thanks in advance :)

srini8823
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by srini8823 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Hello All,

Only a quick Update for new seekers, who are going to apply for Re-issue of Indian passport.
All steps remain same, only the documents submitted had few changes.
First I like to thank @sri0306 for his efforts taken to convey the process, it was perfect checklist.

I'm also from India, living in the UK on a TIER-2 ICT Visa. I have recently applied for my Indian Passport renewal, technically Re-Issue from VFS London (Hounslow) and thought of sharing my experience too.
I have applied for Indian passport, which is due to expire in less than 6 months.

My case: I fall under "re-issue of passport", which is due to expire in less than 6 months. Me and my wife are together (I'm here in dependent visa), and I wanted to add my spouse name in my passport.

Documents submitted by me: (Mar-19)

1. Original filled in Online application form
2. Original VFS Appointment Letter
3. 1 copy of Filled in Annexure-E (download from VFS website / Forms available at VFS office and no charges)
4. 1 copy of filled in Declaration form (download from VFS website / Forms available at VFS office and no charges)
5. Your Original BRP Card + 1 copies of the same (Mandatory - they're consider this as Valid Visa)
6. Your current passport + 1 copies of Front Page (where your name and dob etc are printed) and last page (where your address is printed)
7. Original Marriage Certificate + 1 copies
8. Your spouse passport front and back (1) xerox copy, signed by him/her. No need of original, if you have it then take it along with you.
9. Your spouse BRP card front and back (1) xerox copy, signed by her/him. No need of original, if you have it then take it along with you.
10. your 4 Passport size recent photographs. Look at the VFS website for photo specification.
11. Royal mail 1 silver self addressed Envelop was sufficient since, VFS has stopped taking original documents, so only 1 was required. (But make sure to carry ALL Original support documents with you as mentioned in consulate procedure). Note : VFS also provide courier service, which is little expensive.

^^There was a photocopy machine at the VFS office (Hounslow, London), just plan to carry small coins (it was 25p / copy).

Regards,
Srini

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi San4migration,
Could u pls throw some HINTS for my below scenario:-
NOTE:-AIM To Self-pick up new Indian passport directly by Applicant from branch[Groswell/Hounslow] than waiting through postal service to get delivered which takes more time.
Applying of Renewal of Expired passport submitting Application after Expiry Date but before before 3-Yrs of Expiry Date because UK-Visa was still under Process &
Now submitting Application in Honslow Office.

A)Can we choose to Pick up New Passport from Honslow Office ,or request them to arrange self-pick up passport from Grosswell Office.
Or
B)You would suggest to submit Application in Groswell& request them to arrange self-pick up passport from Grosswell Office.
Believe In Reality

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm

srini8823 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:08 pm

1. In Annexure - E they have asked "residing at", should I mention my current UK address or India address??
2. Is there an alternate courier facility (apart from Royal Mail) offered by VFS, which we can select during submission?

Hi San4migration,
What is ur answer for below question?.........In my case I am NOT giving any UK address in my
Address of online application.Only for PostalAddress I provide UK Address.
But even then I am Self-Picking up New passport from Groswell Office-London.So can I give same Indian Address or is UK address mandatory for below Question/Point?...Thanks
Can
Believe In Reality

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:21 pm

gbptier1general wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm
srini8823 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi San4migration,
What is ur answer for below question?.........In my case I am NOT giving any UK address in my
Address of online application.Only for PostalAddress I provide UK Address.
But even then I am Self-Picking up New passport from Groswell Office-London.So can I give same Indian Address or is UK address mandatory for below Question/Point?...Thanks
Can
Hi All,
Can some one respond?
Is there provsion to collect passports from Honslow IndainOffice?
Or it is available only in Goswell London Office alone?
Believe In Reality

Bharath Thorali
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bharath Thorali » Fri May 10, 2019 10:53 am

Hi,

I am in London right now and my passport is going to expire in next few months. In my old passport I have different address and in India the current address is different and in that new address my tenants are staying. I have address proofs (Aadhaar, Spouse passport). If I am going to apply for renewal in London how long it will take to receive a new passport and how the verification process will happen for my new Indian address.

After 3 months I am moving to Manchester city. So, Can I apply for renewal in Manchester? Do we have passport offices there?