ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 COS Expiry Date definition

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

autumnator
Newly Registered
France

TIER 2 COS Expiry Date definition

Post by autumnator » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:12 am

Dear All,

I was wondering what the exact date of the expiry date of COS was. Checked online and there is no accurate definition.

From my understanding as well as some immigration lawyers it is the last date on which you can make an application (ie. online) ? Wouldn;t make sense as the date the application is recevied or processed as that is very variable.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: TIER 2 COS Expiry Date definition

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 pm

A COS has to be used in an online application within 3 months from the date its assigned. If you see the COS details, the expiry date will be 3 months after the Assigned date. If you don't use it, it will expire and the sponsor has to issue a new COS.

autumnator
Newly Registered
France

Post by autumnator » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Many thanks for your reply @moonlight55
From what you are saying I'm guessing you support my theory that it is the last date on which you can make an application (ie. online) ?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:27 pm

The exact expiry date (use by date) is clearly stated on your CoS (under Certificate of Sponsorship Status section )!!! There should not be any confusion